Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AFL Tipping Competition | 2013 |

• 03-02-2013 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭

Firstly, congratulations to bruschi who was boards.ie's Premier Tippster for 2012.

Seeing as it was well received last year, I thought I'd set it up again. However, with a view to it being easier managed (and look altogether cooler and more professional) I have set up a private league on: Carlton Draught AFL Tipping

I have sent invitations to anyone who was involved last year, for anyone that wasn't invited, just register and enter the following competition key: LK7G2YUH4F

Rules & Game Info can be found here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,902 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

In

"Allow admin to change my tips", get ta fuck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

Xavi6 wrote: »
    In

"Allow admin to change my tips", get ta fuck!

Where did it say that? Was checking if I could disable it but i can't find the option. Not like I'm going to, but i was going to set another admin for the league when we get everyone in. Was thinking Mackman maybe, as he helped out quite a bit in last years one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

Signed up for this years, missed deadline last year so my first year in a tipping comp....

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

same as jackbhoy above... looking forward to the year ahead :D

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭SSK

In...I kind of bailed out last year when I was travelling but should be able to give a good run at the title this year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Where did it say that? Was checking if I could disable it but i can't find the option. Not like I'm going to, but i was going to set another admin for the league when we get everyone in. Was thinking Mackman maybe, as he helped out quite a bit in last years one.

Sure, with that kinda power bitches be all up in ma shiit

Mackman wrote: »
    Sure, with that kinda power bitches be all up in ma shiit

Thought I could set other admin's, but apparently I can't. However it mightn't matter if everyone can set the option of admin allowed to edit your tips OFF. That is if you haven't already :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

hmmmm, the reigning champ doesnt even get an invite. If I didnt know any better.... :p

I'm in now anyway, and here to retain my crown!

May start getting the fantasy teams set up. I'm terrible for keeping up to date on them enough. Same in other fantasy comps, only ones I keep track of are when there is money involved! thats probably a bad thing!:pac:

bruschi wrote: »
    hmmmm, the reigning champ doesnt even get an invite. If I didnt know any better.... :p

I'm in now anyway, and here to retain my crown!

May start getting the fantasy teams set up. I'm terrible for keeping up to date on them enough. Same in other fantasy comps, only ones I keep track of are when there is money involved! thats probably a bad thing!:pac:

Sorry bout that. Were you not in the Dream Team League last year. That is where I got the email addresses to send out the invitations.

Sorry bout that. Were you not in the Dream Team League last year. That is where I got the email addresses to send out the invitations.

ah you're grand, only messing. was in one of the fantasy leagues, not sure what one it was called. havent signed up for any yet this year yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Blue Shamrock

Any one else having problems getting on to website keeps telling me page not found?

Any one else having problems getting on to website keeps telling me page not found?

The site is resetting, so I'll update the link as soon as it is back up.

Site back open. had to recreate league again, so password is as it was in the OP.

I entered the password, but it cant find the comp. It the site still banjaxed?

Mackman wrote: »
    I entered the password, but it cant find the comp. It the site still banjaxed?

Having problems with it as well. I'll send an invite via email this evening to see if that works any better.

OK, invites sent by email. I only have the email addresses of those entered in the AFL Fantasy League, so if you don't receive an email, and have any problem joining the league, just PM me with your email address and I'll send you an invite.

Only 3 in the league. Is anyone having problems with joining the league?

Only 3 in the league. Is anyone having problems with joining the league?

Yep, code in op doesn't work for me and didn't receive email. Any chance you could PM, or post the competition URL?

jackbhoy wrote: »
    Yep, code in op doesn't work for me and didn't receive email. Any chance you could PM, or post the competition URL?

I'll repost the URL and Password, but I'm not sure it's working. If you PM me your email I'll send an invite to you. Seems to be the only way to get in. Not overly impressed with the site tbh, and if these problems persist by the weekend, I might just set the league up on the ESPN footytips instead.

I'll repost the URL and Password, but I'm not sure it's working. If you PM me your email I'll send an invite to you. Seems to be the only way to get in. Not overly impressed with the site tbh, and if these problems persist by the weekend, I might just set the league up on the ESPN footytips instead.

I just quickly set up a league in Sun (Supercoach) version. Seems less clunky to me, have a look and see what you think, can use this if other one is still playing up?

Join my Herald Sun Betfair SuperTipping league. My league code is 412642. http://supertipping.heraldsun.com.au/invite/412642

I just quickly set up a league in Sun (Supercoach) version. Seems less clunky to me, have a look and see what you think, can use this if other one is still playing up?

Join my Herald Sun Betfair SuperTipping league. My league code is 412642. http://supertipping.heraldsun.com.au/invite/412642

No, I'm happy to go with this if its set up. The Carlton one just seems to be a bit of a disaster anyway.

• Advertisement

Yep, looks good. I'm in!

Sorry lads, I refuse to partake in anything that involves the Herald Sun so that's me out.

Sorry lads, I refuse to partake in anything that involves the Herald Sun so that's me out.

Can set up the ESPN one so. Have to ask why though? Did you not do Supercoach last year?

Can set up the ESPN one so. Have to ask why though? Did you not do Supercoach last year?

Nope haven't done Supercoach and it's their anti-soccer journalism that has me boycotting it.

E.g. http://www.heraldsun.com.au/opinion/ugly-soccer-fans-spoil-the-games-image-with-bad-behaviour-at-heart-victory-match/story-e6frfhqf-1226570283991

Go ahead without me though, no big deal.

I have set up a footytips one. Very easy to use and set up. Plus added bonus that it works at work!

URL: http://www.footytips.com.au/comps/Boards-ie_AFL_Tipping_2013&p=boards2013

Password: boards2013

So you can scrap the Carlton Tipping League (Problem Site). Either this or the Herald Sun one, or both, it's up to you.

ok, I'm in on both. But will probably be lucky to keep up with one so make or break time! the footytips.com.au one is probably best to go with I'd say.

Nope haven't done Supercoach and it's their anti-soccer journalism that has me boycotting it.

E.g. http://www.heraldsun.com.au/opinion/ugly-soccer-fans-spoil-the-games-image-with-bad-behaviour-at-heart-victory-match/story-e6frfhqf-1226570283991

Go ahead without me though, no big deal.

Seriously? It's a crap opinion piece, in a tabloid rag, trying to pander to brainless AFL fans who fear soccer will take over. I'd take it about as seriously as the pictures of cute kittens or skateboarding dogs that they run every day.

In any given day you could probably find enough offensive op-eds in any newspaper in Australia to justify boycotting...

Seriously? It's a crap opinion piece, in a tabloid rag, trying to pander to brainless AFL fans who fear soccer will take over. I'd take it about as seriously as the pictures of cute kittens or skateboarding dogs that they run every day.

In any given day you could probably find enough offensive op-eds in any newspaper in Australia to justify boycotting...

Correct but it's not just restricted to opinion pieces, it's the loaded news reports as well. I work in the soccer media over here so I don't want to associate in any way with a rag that does its best to downplay the sport at ever opportunity.

Just my feelings. As I said, by all means go with their game if it's the best one.

Correct but it's not just restricted to opinion pieces, it's the loaded news reports as well. I work in the soccer media over here so I don't want to associate in any way with a rag that does its best to downplay the sport at ever opportunity.

Just my feelings. As I said, by all means go with their game if it's the best one.

Fair enough. I'm not adverse to either option so I'll just join the Footytips one above and use that. Might as well have one that everyone will participate in...

• Advertisement

Just a reminder to get your tips in the footy tips comp. 8 entered so far.

http://www.footytips.com.au/comps/Boards-ie_AFL_Tipping_2013&p=boards2013

Thanks for the reminder bruschi, totally forgot about that

Reminder for this week!

Reminder again!

http://www.footytips.com.au/tipping/afl/tips[/QUOTE]

Bit early is it not? The first game is Ess v Freo on Friday night?

Bit early is it not? The first game is Ess v Freo on Friday night?

doubt I'll be online tomorrow. and sure its never too early!

• Advertisement

A few tough ones this week, Richmond and Collingwood should be a good game

I'm tipping GWS for the craic.

Yep, me too (tipping GWS).
    Also reckon the Saints may get up over the Bombers... (cue a 10+ goal Essendon win :rolleyes:)...

Yep, me too (tipping GWS).
    Also reckon the Saints may get up over the Bombers... (cue a 10+ goal Essendon win :rolleyes:)...

I would seriously reconsider a Saints victory tbh. I went GWS as well, Can't find any logical reason to back Melbourne for the foreseable future.

• Advertisement

well there was nearly a ten goal win for Essendon there. Going for GCS over Port Adelaide. Spent a lot of time over the Demons/GWS one too, but went for the dees. They cant be that bad, can they?

3.13 for the Eagles after a quarter and a half, Sinclair with some absolute shockers :rolleyes:

7-23! Jeez... actually *checks the great book* chapter 7, verse 23; "and the great eagle swoopeth down upon vulnerable prey... only to miss to the right and go hungry for another week"

[yes, weak I know... it's all I got]

Very inaccurate by both sides. Carlton had 12.17. I was very conflicted watching the game, my disdain for both clubs is pretty equal.

I had tipped the Eagles, but it's one point I don't mind loosing :)

Reminder! Thursday games for Anzac Day.

http://www.footytips.com.au/tipping/afl/tips

Weekly reminder! Its an easy week this week, at least on paper anyway :)

Tempted to tip the Bulldogs :o

Tempted to tip the Bulldogs :o

Reverse psychology much? :D

Natanui, Wellingham and Rosa all in so feck it, we're gonna win!

Late Reminder!

• Advertisement
Advertisement