Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download DLC to 2 consoles

Options
  • 03-02-2013 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to download the new black ops dlc to 2 xbox's?

I usually do it with my ps3 and exchange login details with my friend.can the same be done with the Xbox?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

Dont think so pal....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Umpalumpa wrote: »
    Is it possible to download the new black ops dlc to 2 xbox's?

Cheers

Yes it is , have done it myself the day the dlc came out.

On the first xbox any account can use it without the account that bought the dlc being signed in. on the second xbox the account that bought the dlc must be signed into xbox live to use the dlc.

We do it all the time for games and dlc.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

Clover wrote: »
    Yes it is , have done it myself the day the dlc came out.

On the first xbox any account can use it without the account that bought the dlc being signed in. on the second xbox the account that bought the dlc must be signed into xbox live to use the dlc.

We do it all the time for games and dlc.

so do i just do the following

sign my friend in on my xbox
    download the dlc again to my xbox
    sign him out
    sign myself back in

is that right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

If your friend bought the dlc and has already downloaded it to his system then you won't be able to use it on both systems at the same time ( unless he plays on another account on the first system ) , as your system will be the second system and your friends account will have to be signed into live for you to use it.

The way we do it here is that I buy the ms points for my son and we put his account onto the memory unit and transfare it to the console he does not use , we then redeem the points and download the dlc onto console one.

We then put his account back on the system that he plays on and redownload the dlc on console two. now anyone can use the dlc on console one and he can use it on console two.

Advertisement