Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long would this take??

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

15-20 minutes, if even that.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 RevRun

Serious?? Think i should be able to do that. Why so short?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Dr. Jonathan Crane

I'd say a half an hour total if you're doing it as a walk in. 10 minutes for the artist to set up and apply the stencil, 15-20 to do the tattoo. It's not complicated, it's one colour and it's already a small tattoo so if you're going smaller again there's really nothing to it :)

Oh and don't be worrying about the pain, I'm sure you're making it sound worse in your head than it will be, most do before their first tattoo, myself included. Had a friend put off a tattoo for two years because he was so worried it would be killer, he got it last week and said he didn't feel a thing!

Thanks!! Hope it comes out well!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Dr. Jonathan Crane

Same here, let us know how you get on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

RevRun wrote: »
    Thanks!! Hope it comes out well!!

Best of luck op :).

If I may make a little suggestion :o, get it done similar to this style as Japanese symbol tattoos are really common and it may help its stand out a bit more and look more unique.

295216_10150827944100792_1986441074_n.jpg

will think about it, cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

RevRun wrote: »
    Dont think I could last longer than 30 minutes though. In timescale wise I mean how long would that take for just the needle part, not the prep etc.

I sat down for 5 hours (probably an average and common enough length of time for a tattoo) and it was no bother. The time flies and it's cool to see the work transform from a stencil into something you can show off.

I would say in terms of needle time that would take 15 minutes or less. that's a guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

At a guess, with needle work I'd give it a maximum of 30-40 minutes, depending on what artist you get to do it. Some of them go slowly! Average would be around 20 minutes, though.

Advertisement