Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Chrome

• 03-02-2013 4:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭

Why does Google Chrome keep crashing even after it has been updated to the latest version? Keeps happening on my computer and netbook. Drives me up the wall when it happens. Then goes slow.

Is it the internet or is it the actual google chrome application that is just not working right and has bugs or something on it? IE is too slow as well. Which be a better search engine/application - opera or safari for windows xp os?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Google Chrome doesn't crash on me but it does have bugs just like every other application does. Google Chrome is not a search engine. I'd say your problem is you have crap on your computer which is causing it to be slow and causing the crashes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Kavrocks wrote: »
    Google Chrome doesn't crash on me but it does have bugs just like every other application does. Google Chrome is not a search engine. I'd say your problem is you have crap on your computer which is causing it to be slow and causing the crashes.

I haven't much on my netbook so don't understand why it crashes on that. Its usually something to do with adobe flash player or something that seems to cause it.

The main computer is slow and old anyway and has stuff on it but try to back up my stuff on memory sticks and cd's so that I don't have much on the computer as much.

Is opera a bit better than chrome?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Chrome is flawless on every platform I use it on. I'd suggest you reformat both of your pcs and get rid of any crap which is likely to be causing an issue

It crashes the odd time on the netbook but not all the time, seems to do it at least once a day on the main computer.

doovdela wrote: »
    It crashes the odd time on the netbook but not all the time, seems to do it at least once a day on the main computer.

Is it always flash that causes the crash? If it is try uninstalling it and then reinstalling, or you could opt for the html5 player for things like youtube, and then just completely wean yourself using flash completely

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

How many toolbars and extensions have you running on your chrome?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭DarkDusk

I think I remember this happening to me before... Did you re-install yet?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Is it always flash that causes the crash? If it is try uninstalling it and then reinstalling, or you could opt for the html5 player for things like youtube, and then just completely wean yourself using flash completely

Isn't flash baked into Chrome?

I have the html 5 real player thing but I disable it, it installed a mystart bar thing on the main computer and have to disable it can't seem to uninstall it but tends to slow chrome down. Most of the toolbar things are on my IE browser. Meant to say browser instead of search engine - head a bit fuzzy. Anyway I've no toolbar extras other than for my printer for both pc's. Youtube often crashes on me so its probably flash related. Its mostly all bookmarks I have on chrome.

5uspect wrote: »
    Isn't flash baked into Chrome?
    It is, but if no element on a webpage is making use of it, it effectively isn't there.
    doovdela wrote: »
    I have the html 5 real player thing but I disable it, it installed a mystart bar thing on the main computer and have to disable it can't seem to uninstall it but tends to slow chrome down. Most of the toolbar things are on my IE browser. Meant to say browser instead of search engine - head a bit fuzzy. Anyway I've no toolbar extras other than for my printer for both pc's. Youtube often crashes on me so its probably flash related. Its mostly all bookmarks I have on chrome.
    Opt in here http://www.youtube.com/html5 and if your youtube crashes cease, it it was flash causing the problems. But if they continue, the easiest route to ensure it gets fixed could be to reinstall windows completely. Having any sorts of extra toolbars that you don't explicitly want is normally a sign that you've got a LOT of things on the computer that you shouldn't necessarily want, and all of those will add to the loss of performance, which might be leading to those crashes. Still -- try out the html5 player, I hope it fixes the problems.

• Advertisement

If I find I don't use things I then to just uninstall them. I see what else I could uninstall see that make a difference.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Uninstall all toolbars, you do not want or need them, they are just there to spy on you and report your every move.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 grahambol

I used to love Chrome but I found it crashed so many times on Flash websites, I got fed with it and switched back to Firefox. No problems since!!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 675 ✭✭✭kaahooters

its a flash issue, http://www.howtogeek.com/103292/how-to-fix-shockwave-flash-crashes-in-google-chrome/

that isnt 100% the issue, but itll fix it.

Advertisement