Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My O2 Pay As You Go Mobile Rings 1-2 times regulary - WHY

Options
  • 03-02-2013 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭

Hello Folks,

Please move if i am on the wrong forum.

I have a Ready to go phone which is registered with Vodafone but has an O2 number.

It rings every few days once or twice and the caller comes up with No Number:confused:

This is quite annoying as each time you go to answer it, it stops ringing.

Is it an alert of some sort from a network?

How do i stop it happening?

Regards,

Chevy RV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Its not a network thing, but most likely someone trying to annoy you or mistakenly ringing you instead of a number similar to yours

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

Davy wrote: »
    Its not a network thing, but most likely someone trying to annoy you or mistakenly ringing you instead of a number similar to yours

Could be call monitoring software on the phone, did the Guards have it or is there anybody keen to know your doings, and no offence intended.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Chevy RV

Hello Folks,

It is unlikely to be an error with a similar number or someone trying to annoy me as it is happening too regularly.

Redarmyblues - could monitoring software be put on your phone without your permission?

Regards,

Chevy RV

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

Chevy RV wrote: »
    Hello Folks,

It is unlikely to be an error with a similar number or someone trying to annoy me as it is happening too regularly.

Redarmyblues - could monitoring software be put on your phone without your permission?

Regards,

Chevy RV

Yes it is installed like any other app, the Guards are meant to install them on the phones belonging to people they are interested in, probably illegal to do so, very easy and legal to install on a work phone, some of the find my phone apps can be used for the purpose of spying.

Advertisement