Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

zippo flints

Options
  • 03-02-2013 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi all, i found an old zippo at home thats flint is gone.

Just wondering where in cork city i can get some. Also any idea how much they cost?

Nice one.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

buckfast69 wrote: »

Just wondering where in cork city i can get some. Also any idea how much they cost?

Nice one.

I used to just take them from the disposable lighters.

But the proper ones can be got in Porters on Patrick st. The used to be cheap, I'd expect change from 2 bob.
    Dont buy them in a jewellers - you'll be fleeced

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

Murrays ( shooting and fishing type shop ) next to Ulster Bank on Patrick St sell zippo lighters , might be worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Most garages in Dublin seel them so i guess Cork will be the same, also sell the little fuel canisters.

I paid 1 euro for 6 flints only this week in the garage round the corner from work

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Boom114

The cobbler in douglas court sells flint for zippos there like 2.60 for a 6 pk

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭buckfast69

horgan_p wrote: »

I used to just take them from the disposable lighters.

But the proper ones can be got in Porters on Patrick st. The used to be cheap, I'd expect change from 2 bob.
    Dont buy them in a jewellers - you'll be fleeced

I might just butcher a disposable and see if it works :-)

Thatnks for all the replies, im off work tomorrow so ill check out murrays.

Also fyi i was in the deals shop on dawn square today got a bottle of lighter fluid for €1.49 but i couldnt find any flints.

Thanks again for all the replies folks :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Nice one.

As an ex smoker and, consequently, ex zippo user I have a pack of flints left over - 7 left in the pack. PM me name and address and I'll bung 'em in the post to ya for nothing if you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭EasycomeEasygo

I picked up a little pack of them in the second hand/new shop on barrack st
    Its great for unusual stuff like that

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭buckfast69

evilivor wrote: »

As an ex smoker and, consequently, ex zippo user I have a pack of flints left over - 7 left in the pack. PM me name and address and I'll bung 'em in the post to ya for nothing if you wish.

thanks evilivor, ill send on that pm now also it saves me having to walk to town in the rain today ;-)

i tried taking a flint out of a disposable lighter and it works a charm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

thanks evilivor, ill send on that pm now also it saves me having to walk to town in the rain today ;-)

i tried taking a flint out of a disposable lighter and it works a charm.

Done and gone.

Advertisement