Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beat a game from your backlog this February

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I have such a backlog of games it's ridiculous!!! Get ready to hear some oldies!!!:D:rolleyes:

NFS: Shift ((Bought it for half nothing from the bargain bin)) Have a feeling it'll probably be rubbish though.

NFS: Hot Pursuit - I do have a mad passion for street racing games!!

Halo 3 - Yes "3" :rolleyes: It get's a whole lot worse though.

Gears of war - Yes, the first one. :rolleyes::rolleyes: Played about two minutes (maximum) before got distracted.

Mass Effect 3
    The Golden Compass
    The brother got both of these games for a euro each during Gamestops online "one specific game a day for a euro". He doesn't have an xbox, just a ps3.

GTA: Episodes from Liberty City

And I could probably add NFS: Undercover to that list too.
    And they're just the xbox games. I've also got ps3 games that the brother finished so he "loaned" them to me.

Dark Void ((Which he says is pretty poor))
    Brothers in Arms - Hells Highway.
    A fair lash of Assassins Creed games. ((Played a bit of the first one))

Oh and I might add Infamous to that list aswell. Started it alright after it was a free game/gift from Sony to apologise for being hacked.

Told ye it was ridiculous!!!! What's even worse though is that I probably won't have any time to even touch either console this year, let alone make any significant dent in the backlog!!!! :rolleyes::eek::P:o

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chriity139

games i want to try finish this month are uncharted 3 and far cry 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

In no particular order
    Final Fantasy 7, got to the same part recently and lost interest
    Far Cry 3, I usually don't bother with most modern shooters but its not so bad. THeres one part where your torching fields or marajuana and skrillex starts playing, never thought I'd enjoy skrillex but it works so well
    Deus Ex, I owe to it gamers everywhere to get through this alleged classic
    StarCraft, still not in Grand Master
    Final Fantasy 3, bought this for android... only at the second town
    Walking Dead
    Earthbound, this game is hard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Nice idea for a thread :) I've just started Crusader Kings II so I don't realistically think I'll be finished with it by month's end(!) but I'll play Mark of the Ninja on the side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Bought Binary Domain on the cheap almost a year ago, played a bit while at a friends but not touched it since. Threw it in today and played a few hours, forgot how damn good it is, great writing in the dialogue between the squad. Now if only someone would give the devs the Terminator license.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,661 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Right, i'm gonna finish The Minish Cap at last. That's it. I'm committed now. Good thread!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

All we need now is a Steam sale. Sure, I finished this one game, but I also added these 10 to my pile :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I`m going to try and finish Assassins Creed III I said......NOW I remember why your in my backlog :mad:

Gonna try start and finish Snake Eater instead, while squeezing in some Arkham City and hopefully Far Cry 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

too many to count, mainly ps3 games

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Stuck playing Halo 4 multiplayer. Damn regicide is addictive!
    Have to start the campaign yet

Other than that on my list for the comin months are.

Bayonetta
    Gears of war 3
    Splinter cell conviction

Not necessarily in that order but looking forward to making the decision to take Halo out of the disc tray. Wont be easy though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭steve_r

So I did my homework last night and fired up AC Brotherhood.

It reminds you why you bought the games in the first place, glad I did!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Stuck playing Halo 4 multiplayer. Damn regicide is addictive!
    Have to start the campaign yet

As a confirmed Halo fan, don't. It's a confused mess with some terrible story telling.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

As a confirmed Halo fan, don't. It's a confused mess with some terrible story telling.

I'll stick with the multiplayer so and maybe the Spartan Op's I think they're called. Again in multiplayer mode though. .. Wish I wasnt in work right now :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭-( i )- Wicker

Just started GTA IV yesterday. I don't get a whole lot of gaming time but I should have it done by the time GTA V comes out :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Bought 150 euro worth of games over the during the winter Steam Sale, bashing through a few of the games at the moment.

Was really enjoying Arkham Asylum until I realised I couldn't save the game, f*cking Games for Windows Live wouldn't log me in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

I need to finish Deus Ex and Borderlands 2....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Just finished Catherine, have had it for ages and never got around to it. It's a game that slowly sucks you in and is quite challenging with its puzzles, doubt it's a game for everybody, but if you want something completely different and you enjoy anime, I would highly recommend it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

So I started another one today. :(

Shank 2

I like the gameplay, but I find the keyboard mouse combo awkward for a twinstick shooter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

well my plans for finishing either magika or dungeon defenders just went right out but I got into the warframe beta last night... planned to play it for 20 min or so last night.... then suddenly it was 4 am :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I just remembered I started Bioshock a while back and need to get back to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I just remembered I started Bioshock a while back and need to get back to it.

I am curious as to why you stopped playing. I started it a while back and stopped playing, but I have no real ambition to going back to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Xenji wrote: »
    Just finished Catherine, have had it for ages and never got around to it. It's a game that slowly sucks you in and is quite challenging with its puzzles, doubt it's a game for everybody, but if you want something completely different and you enjoy anime, I would highly recommend it.

It's one of the two games I'm currently playing at the moment but I'm stuck on Boss Level of Ice Level Dungeon. Have loads of retires but fiddly controls + ice blocks means that one accidental move means starting over again.

The puzzles before the boss section are fun and challenging but the speed required to complete the boss sections is my downfall. I'm still actually enjoying it though especially the "day" sections and it's also very, very different to the other game I'm playing (RDR) which is what I'm after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

sarumite wrote: »
    I am curious as to why you stopped playing. I started it a while back and stopped playing, but I have no real ambition to going back to it.

I'm playing on PC and after finally getting it working on Wndows 7, I wasn't really in the mood for it. So only got so far then I stopped. Then just moved on to other games.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,178 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Might give Borderlands 2 another go but also have Mark of the Ninja sitting staring at me since christmas plus im in the middle of Darksiders, too many choices

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Finished ME3 with 30h played total inc. a few online multiplayer games to boost the war rating which I've had sitting there for a while. Better then ME2 but I still prefer ME1 in the series over all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

That is a good choice. Just Cause 2 is a really fun game once you learn to ignore the story.

Yeah the story is kinda naff.
    Its become a battle of attrition to take over base after base after base after base, faction mission, take over base, and so on. But i want to finish it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I have loads of games I have to go back to, loads!

So here's the plan:

* I just got Xcom - Enemy Unknown on Monday so I'm definitely playing that. Seeing as it's an in-depth game it would be nice to play some more action oriented/brainless games alongside it.

* I really, really need to go back to Deus Ex: Human Revolution. I bought it sometime last year for €12 I think. Was playing it last Novermber/December but dropped it once I got Far Cry 3. I finished Far Cry 3 so I need to get back to this. Class game so would be a shame to drop it.

* Saints Row: The Third - Full Package is winging it's way to me from Play Asia (picked it up for about €20, sweet). Not sure if I will bring that in as a third game to be played - I really want to play it.

After that I want to go back to Dead Space. I played a few hours of it but got sidetracked completely by other stuff. Think I'll start over again and see how it goes.

Although there are other games on the horizon - Aliens: Colonial Marines and BioShock Infinite but I'll hold off until the backlog is done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I've had the Dawn of War 2 series sitting in my Steam Library for a while now with only about 2 hours played.

Slightly cheating as I started playing it again properly mid/late January but have DoW2 finished now and am on to Chaos Rising. So if I can get that and Retribution done in February I'll be happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I've a massive back haul of games to get through.

Games I've started but not finished are:
    Bioshock 2, Boarderlands 2, Fallout 3 GOTY, Skyrim, AC Brotherhood and Revelations, Hitman Absolution, Dishonored, Heavy Rain, Uncharted 3, Killzone 3, God of War 3.

Just finished off Dead Space 2 last night after 2 years since I last played it, went from chapter 5 to the end. Really enjoyed it and the ending.

Games I have not opened:
    Fallout Vegas GOTY, Darksiders 1 and 2, Far Cry 3, Alpha Protocol, Dragon Age 1 and 2, Assassin's Creed 3, inFamous 2.

Where to start, where to start......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Darksiders 1 started it 3 years ago, close to finishing it then Darksiders 2.

Gonna learn to play DOTA after that.

Advertisement