Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beat a game from your backlog this February

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

I'm nearing the end of Red Dead Redemption as I think I have around 7-8 story missions to go. Stopped playing it for a while as the Mexico section of the game was getting a bit tiresome. Lots of travelling from one end of the map to the other with not much to see in between but I've since moved onto Bridgewater which has provided a nice change of scenary/location and has renewed my interest in the game so I'm hoping to have it completed this week.

The other game on my list Catherine has hit a stumbling block as some of those challenges are crazy difficult. Going to take a break from playing that to finish RDR. May go back to it afterwards as I do like the game/story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I'm nearing the end of Red Dead Redemption as I think I have around 7-8 story missions to go. Stopped playing it for a while as the Mexico section of the game was getting a bit tiresome. Lots of travelling from one end of the map to the other with not much to see in between but I've since moved onto Bridgewater which has provided a nice change of scenary/location and has renewed my interest in the game so I'm hoping to have it completed this week.

The other game on my list Catherine has hit a stumbling block as some of those challenges are crazy difficult. Going to take a break from playing that to finish RDR. May go back to it afterwards as I do like the game/story.

Catherine is quite difficult on Normal difficulty (haven't been brave enough to even try Hard), but if you talk to the sheep between levels, and really understand the techniques they describe, it all kinda falls into place. One of the more original games I played in recent years, would recommend it to anyone who wants a change of pace :)

Catherine is quite difficult on Normal difficulty (haven't been brave enough to even try Hard), but if you talk to the sheep between levels, and really understand the techniques they describe, it all kinda falls into place. One of the more original games I played in recent years, would recommend it to anyone who wants a change of pace :)

I'm playing on normal so can't imagine what the greater difficulty levels are like and while I understand the techniques for climbing it's actually putting them into practice is the problem. This is especially true for me during the "Boss" stages where you have to be very quick moving up while also dealing with the special boxes i.e. traps, ice(!!) etc.

Even though it is driving me crazy, I would definitely still recommend it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I don't think you had to say it was original after already mentioning the fact that you talk to sheep between levels. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

For me the mid term is going to give me some time to play games

Have

Assassin's Creed 3 to get back into over 50% done so far i just hate the game but i need get it off my backlog

Need For Speed Must Wonted will we here this weak for the Vita picked it up for 22 euros there off play cant wait to get playing some racing games on the move again

Sleeping Dogs Thanks to PSN+ it will get done soon

Devil May Cry HD as well about 35% into Number 1 but i forgot how hard the game is and how much games have dubbed down since then

Maybe add in what ever is free on PSN+ this mouth as well

Need For Speed Must Wonted is now done and dusted

Next up Devil May Cry I think its mission 12 or 14 not sure but its the underwater mission so Fun ahead LoL

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SB2013

Just finished assassins Creed 3. Finished Far Cry 3 a few weeks ago. That's Ubisoft out of the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭tiny timy

in two weeks ive gone through M.O.H Warfighter,far cry 3 and blaxk ops 2 three times. loved them all! doing multiplayer on them now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Okay i'll look into finishing GTA and Just Cause.

Just in the Shadow temple in OoT so I shouldn't have too much left in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

When I started this thread I said that I was going to try to finish inFAMOUS 2 before the end of February. Well, I'm ahead of schedule as I finished the game last night.

I took the evil route through the game because that is how I played the first game. It is very unusual for me to play evil because I always seem to end up playing the good guy, i.e. full Paragon in Mass Effect 1, 2 & 3. I really enjoyed the game and was surprised at how dark the infamous path was. I have the option to go back in and complete the game taking the hero path but I'm not sure I'll do that. Too many other games to finish.

Not sure what to play next.

I remember for both infamous games, playing as good the first time throughout the week and finishing on the Saturday. Then on the Sunday played the complete evil mission. It's quicker to play evil since you don't have to worry about hurting people. :)

• Advertisement

I took the evil route through the game because that is how I played the first game. It is very unusual for me to play evil because I always seem to end up playing the good guy, i.e. full Paragon in Mass Effect 1, 2 & 3.

I'm the same as you, I alway seem to go down the good guy route in games that give you a choice though that is usually because it works out better for yourself i.e. maybe makes getting to same places easier, cheaper goods etc

I always intend to replay the the games going down the evil/bad route but I never seem to replay the games.

Does the evil route have much of the difference in Infamous 2 as it's in my backlog to play. I remember going down the good route through the first game but I think rather the citizens feared me then cheered me this time around!

Does the evil route have much of the difference in Infamous 2 as it's in my backlog to play. I remember going down the good route through the first game but I think rather the citizens feared me then cheered me this time around!

Infamous and Infamous 2 kind of spoilers
    For Infamous the endings were pretty similar but Infamous 2 has 2 completely different endings. But both games have all the same missions for both good and bad. So only real differences during the games are how the people react and the dialog in cutscenes

But they are 2 of my favourite games on PS3. Would take them over Uncharted any day.

Does the evil route have much of the difference in Infamous 2 as it's in my backlog to play.

During most of the game there are only a few spots where you have to choose to be good or evil. I doubt that they effect the story much whichever route you choose. But the choice at the end will make the ending wildly different depending on your choice. Not only will the ending cinematics be different but I'd imagine the characters you fight with/against will also be different.

I'm struggling to pick a game to start playing. I'm thinking of either Outland or Bioshock 2.

Is Bioshock 2 any good? No need to compare it to the first game as I haven't played that either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Is Bioshock 2 any good? No need to compare it to the first game as I haven't played that either.
    I played and loved the first one, started the 2nd and got to a point and just can't bring my self to finish it and I've no idea why.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Finally finished Uncharted 3 today. Decided to start Spec Ops: The Line and clear it from my backlog. Didn't expect to hear Nathan Drake again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭triseke

awesome idea.

I think I'm going to try and finish Knights of the Old Republic. Its been knocking about on my steam account/xbox for ages at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

Finished Mass Effect 3 last night.
    Only 500 to go :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Finished borderlands 2 last night... on to Deus Ex.

Tried getting back into Bioshock last night. Seemingly I last played it in October and stopped just before the first Big Daddy fight. May just have to start again. Maybe even with the 360 controller since just not used to using a keyboard. (Don't hurt me! :))

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I have failed it seems. I tried to finish Far Cry 3. I got to the other island and have no desire to continue other than to be a completionist, which I don't really care for to be honest. I can't stand single-player games when the storyline is dreadful. It completely ruins the immersion for me and just becomes repetitive and boring very quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Finished Dead Space 1 at long last and I'm 3/4 the way through a second playthrough of it, not sure what to play next ???.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Clover wrote: »
    Finished Dead Space 1 at long last and I'm 3/4 the way through a second playthrough of it, not sure what to play next ???.

Just started playing System Shock 2 and it hit me last night how similar Ds and SS2 are. If you enjoyed DS then maybe SS2 is a good bet.

DS2 disappointed me greatly, much less atmosphere and far too many jump scares.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

This is an excellent idea for a thread. I've recently gotten free of the grips of both Skyrim and Borderlands 2 after finishing all of the add-ons. I'm getting really stuck into Ni No Kuni, but I've a few games I have to go back and finish. So perhaps someone wants to pick one for me?

Hitman 3
    Final Fantasy XIII
    MGS Snake Eater 3D
    Rayman Origins
    Fable III
    Deus Ex Human Revolution
    The 3rd Birthday
    Enslaved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Metal Gear Solid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

That's my stock answer to most questions, to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Beefy78 wrote: »
    That's my stock answer to most questions, to be honest.

"Chicken or beef?" "MGS!"

"Is it a boy or a girl?" "MGS!"

"Do you have a rubber on, i dont want to get pregnant?" "MGS!" you can throw your own "snake" jokes into that too.

On topic, I say MGS too, dunno what the 3DS version is like but heard favourable things at its release.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

MGS it is then. It is an awesome game, but for some unknown reason I stopped playing it. Time to get back to it!

@Notorious I would have picked Deus Ex:HR. An amazingly good game. It was one of my favourite games the year it was released.

As for myself I am playing through Outland. It is a clever game and good in short sessions. More than a half hour with it and I become a little bored. But the next day I'm ready for more. One thing I'm worried about is the difficulty. It is really starting to ramp up. I don't want to get to a boss fight and not be able to progress. It is so frustrating when that happens. It happened to me in Dark Souls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

I have many in my backlog. Where should I start?

The oldest ones I have and are all untouched are

Resistance 2 and 3
    Oblivion
    The Witcher 2
    Rage

But I still have to finish off Assassins Creed 3, Ni No Kuni and Borderlands 2.

Why can’t I stop buying games?

Advertisement