Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dimplex XMC718N Help

Options
  • 03-02-2013 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭

As title im moving into an apartment with this storage heater, ive been trying to set it up over weekend before i move in tomorrow but its not storing heat at all, there is two switches on wall one seems to control the boost which works fine, i think the other switch controls the actual heater when it kicks in during the night rate, it has a red light but so far i havent seen it light up but i havent been there late enough, input control on actual heater set to 4 and output at 3, i dont appear to have a devireg on my fuse board perhaps there is one on the main fuse board for the whole building, is there anything im missing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,438 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Moved from Accommodation & Property

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

leave the switch turned on overnight

perhaps the over heat trip has activated in the storage heater itself
    (post#16 shows how to reset)
    make sure all power is off

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055740875&page=2

are other storage heaters working

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mon0708

Question about storage heaters for any1 who can help!!

I can understand the input and output dials on the heaters themselves and from reading some threads on this i understand how they work!! However, im confused at how to set the dial which is in my fuse box. There are two dials here with day and night and both dials have -4 up to +4. Beside these dials is a clock, not an automatic one. It looks old style!! I have now set the night dial to -2 and the day dial to 0. Initially i had the day dial at -4 (thinking that this meant i didnt have the heater heating during the day) and i had the night one at +2. Though at this set up, my bills are at 350eur for 2 months and most of the cost is stemming from day units used. How can this be?? I leave the switches on all the time also. Please can any1 give me some advice?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

can you link to the post you have mentioned i cant find it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

deaglan169 wrote: »
    can you link to the post you have mentioned i cant find it

sorry
    post 1 and 2 explain here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=62984085

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

ive tried pushing, pulling everything with that wee tab but no heat, contacted landlord and looks like a job for spark, definately a propblem with heater itself as supply is fine

Advertisement