Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin City Libraries

Options
  • 03-02-2013 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Can anyone tell me if Dublin City Libraries do e-books? I see Fingal County Council are now offering this service in their libraries but can't see it on the website for Dublin City:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Why not just drop in and ask ?

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

If they do e-books, it is likely that each user would need to be given a password (and maybe have to pay for it) or else only be permitted to read the ebooks on the library premises. Otherwise, publishers of e-books would all go bankrupt within a matter of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,311 ✭✭✭markpb

If they do e-books, it is likely that each user would need to be given a password (and maybe have to pay for it) or else only be permitted to read the ebooks on the library premises. Otherwise, publishers of e-books would all go bankrupt within a matter of weeks.

See this Fingal Library eBooks.

There's no mention on the DCC website about them offering eBooks but maybe it's well hidden somewhere.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

uch wrote: »
    Why not just drop in and ask ?

Whats wrong with the OP asking here ?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭kiva989

I asked in DCC before and they said they dont do them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Another DCC Library question:

I'm a member of SDCC library,can I use that membership to borrow books from say the DCC Library in the Ilac,or do I have join DCC Library and get a new card etc?

Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

As they are seperate, I'd imagine you need to join Dublin City seperately

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

There is a system in place for borrowing books from other county and city libraries without having to join them:

"If you can't find something in our catalogue why not try Borrowbooks.ie. Here you can search the online catalogues and websites of Irish public libraries, and request books, CDs, DVDs etc. via inter-library loan."

However, loans done this way can take time to come through. If you are eligible to join Dublin City Libraries you probably should.

Advertisement