Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Place To Buy Good Value Bed Sheets

Options
  • 03-02-2013 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭

I'm looking to buy good bed sheets for a holiday home that I rent out during the summer.

I'm looking for good quality ones that won't cost the earth.

Can anyone recommend some place around Town where I could buy them?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Always found dunnes reasonable for such things.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

If you can get the sale alright in Dunnes they are good value...Must say Guinneys is still my fav, any sheets I have got in there or sets are great value...

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Diziet

TK Maxx can be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

Tesco. I got a decent fitted sheet for a single bed in there a couple of weeks ago. In the sort of household items section. I think I paid about €10. Possibly less.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 verat

Try Harry Corry's next to Woodies DIY on Kinsale Road, always having sales and good enough quality.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭f140

theres a place in mahon. home store and more i think it is. they have really nice and reasonable stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Milly33 wrote: »
    Must say Guinneys is still my fav, any sheets I have got in there or sets are great value...

They do have good value on sheets it has to be said . . . mind you the place is an absolute kip.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Are Guineys sheets comfortable? Do they stand up to multiple washes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭blindsider

f140 wrote: »
    theres a place in mahon. home store and more i think it is. they have really nice and reasonable stuff.

You can sign up for free texts etc and you get advance warning of their specials and you can avail of discountrs before everyone else - can be worth it....

http://www.homestoreandmore.ie/page/plusplus/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

I recommend home-store and more in Mahon. Picked up a double duvet cover for 15€ (was 35€) on Monday. They seem to be having a bit of a sale on at the moment.

I have another one from them as well, and its lovely, good quality.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Grand Moff Tarkin

Ludo wrote: »
    Are Guineys sheets comfortable? Do they stand up to multiple washes?
    Yes they do and are as comfortable as anything in the more expensive shops in the city center.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Yes they do and are as comfortable as anything in the more expensive shops in the city center.

Would agree, I would get most of mine in there or dunnes and they have stood the test of time and washes... Homestore are very pricey for their covers, unless you are looking for the odd pillow case or soemthing on sale

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Try Household Linens Oliver Plunkett Street (near The Oliver Plunket bar)
    http://householdlinenscork.com/about-2/

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Atlantic1

I haven't got around to buying any yet but thanks to everyone who took the time to reply. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Demonical

Penneys and Dunnes do good bed sheets. Ive a couple of sets I use on my bed and they get washed every month and still goin strong. Have them about 2/3 years.

Advertisement