Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Go4Less Canada programme. Refund?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I'm going to write off the 75e but am going to email newstalk.Not sure why but why not.....
    I just feel I got no service.None.Not even a "book your appointment with us to make sure you have filled in everything correctly".God help those who went with USIT....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

Personally I think there was a huge amount of preying on people here, but that's the way it goes, it won't do this crowd any good in the long run! The IEC process since USIT was removed 2 years ago is really quiet straightforward - fill in the forms and don't screw up so ask a friend to just read over everything. The payment process is the only kink but it rights itself as long as you can provide proof of payment.

Now as for what Go4Less can offer when you get over here, I would be very sceptical of any claims they have! what can they do? At best all they will provide is a booklet of how to do things (which you can get free from the Government of Canada website) I can't even see them offering an address for your SIN application when you first arrive. Are they going to meet people off the plane or arrange meet and greets in every Canadian City? for €75 I seriously doubt it.

They probably didn't expect the places to go in 4 days so maybe they expected to have time to review peoples applications, with the places going so quickly I'd be surprised if they reviewed a handful. To those who were mugged by this crowd, hopefully you will soon see a welcome to Canada sign, this is a great country and a place you will be happy to call home.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 MKcin

Well guys, feel better....Im one of those who went with Usit!!!!!! What a complete waist of money. Me and my husband both paid them and so we are out by €600 :( sickner!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

MKcin wrote: »
    Well guys, feel better....Im one of those who went with Usit!!!!!! What a complete waist of money. Me and my husband both paid them and so we are out by €600 :( sickner!!!

sorry to hear that, what does the 600 include and what did you get from them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sambuka41

I have booked once of their seminars for Stage 2. This better be one bloody brilliant seminar!!! Gonna get my monies worth.

• Advertisement

gary27 wrote: »
    sorry to hear that, what does the 600 include and what did you get from them?

Dont even know, they have done nothing so far only sent an email to say the program was open and another to say that they are inundated with emails and to be patient while they work through them! A lot of ppl complaining im sure.
    If you want to drive to Dublin and waste more money on petrol etc you can arrange a meeting to go through yourr application. They help with getting your SIN etc (dont need them for that) and some other useless stuff.

Our own fault I guess, we used them in 2010 when that was the only way we knew to go to Canada and so just assumed it was still the same. Thats what happens when you dont do your research I guess

Dont even know, they have done nothing so far only sent an email to say the program was open and another to say that they are inundated with emails and to be patient while they work through them! A lot of ppl complaining im sure.
    If you want to drive to Dublin and waste more money on petrol etc you can arrange a meeting to go through yourr application. They help with getting your SIN etc (dont need them for that) and some other useless stuff.

Our own fault I guess, we used them in 2010 when that was the only way we knew to go to Canada and so just assumed it was still the same. Thats what happens when you dont do your research I guess

Is there any way of a refund? if you paid by credit card there's an option called chargeback.

gary27 wrote: »
    Is there any way of a refund? if you paid by credit card there's an option called chargeback.

Ya we did pay by CC, must look into that. Although Im sure they have themselves covered on this. Total scam. thanks for the info though, il check it out.

Ya we did pay by CC, must look into that. Although Im sure they have themselves covered on this. Total scam. thanks for the info though, il check it out.

I looked into it to see if you can do it, sure if it doesn't work at least you tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Surfn

go4less got me too for 75 yoyo's .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Got an email from USIT there the other day offering to help with the confusing payment process if I sign up with them (I had provided my email address when I started looking into it at first). Talk about preying on any vulnerability!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

Oh my word, that's crazy if it doesn't include flights! USIT IMO were one of the reasons the IEC was taken back in house, they pretty much forced people to take out expensive insurance and flights through them while other countries were able to get the same VISA for a fraction of the price! I can't believe they are continuing to take advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I am so sorry for yiz :(
    ShooterSF wrote: »
    Got an email from USIT there the other day offering to help with the confusing payment process if I sign up with them (I had provided my email address when I started looking into it at first). Talk about preying on any vulnerability!

Yea I got that email too! Scam artist scabbers
    Phonehead wrote: »
    Oh my word, that's crazy if it doesn't include flights! USIT IMO were one of the reasons the IEC was taken back in house, they pretty much forced people to take out expensive insurance and flights through them while other countries were able to get the same VISA for a fraction of the price! I can't believe they are continuing to take advantage.

Yea I'd be pretty certain that was it. Back in the day the ONLY way to go was through USIT but the extortion racket!!

They want the 300 for their programme, you have to book flights through them and insurance - more cost AND you still have to pay the 120 visa fee yerself. What the fudge like. And they say no refunds under any circumstances. Like if you got denied the Can Embassy would refund yer 120 but USIT be keeping the dosh you gave them!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

we are but its a bit late now when we have paid and they wont give refunds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

I bet they claim that the 75 blips does not cover the IEC but rather advice on getting your SIN and all the other stuff they say is part of the package

• Registered Users Posts: 19,204 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

In fairness you all paid without knowing what the service they were going to provide was before the visa application process had been outlined. A quick search would have told you it was all done online. They'll point you to insurance companies and sort out your bank so it's not all bad. You don't really have any grounds for a refund though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

Liam O wrote: »
    In fairness you all paid without knowing what the service they were going to provide was before the visa application process had been outlined. A quick search would have told you it was all done online. They'll point you to insurance companies and sort out your bank so it's not all bad. You don't really have any grounds for a refund though.

I was on your side of the fence but they won't be able to set your bank account, last year they passed our details on to a third party, I then received an anonymous phone call from a lady who was insisting I transfered all of my money into her companies account a week before I traveled. The lack of professionalism and the fact it seemed like complete BS I refused and set up my own back account.

How are they going to help you get a SIN? Give you the address? For people going to Calgary its:

Harry Hays Building, Suite 270
    220 4th Avenue Southeast
    Calgary, Alberta

I'll do it for €15, directions when you go in the door are an extra €5.

Honestly if you want your money back rally together and make some noise of their facebook. It mightn't work but its your best chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

Jeez martyn go easy on us;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    Jeez martyn go easy on us;)

Buddy for you I'll do the lot for €15 but the first rounds on you after :p

Advertisement