Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to print word documents from iphone 5 to kodak printer

Options
  • 03-02-2013 6:46pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 769 ✭✭✭

I don't have a Air printer so how do I do this
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭taylorconor95

Do you have a USB port on your router so that you could share the printer on you network?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Twoandahalfmen

Do you have a USB port on your router so that you could share the printer on you network?

No not an extra one only 1 to connect the router to the Internet inn the wall

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

What type of printer is it ? Is it Wi-fi enabled ? Have you looked at the Kodak apps ?

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 83,331 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

ZENER wrote: »
    What type of printer is it ? Is it Wi-fi enabled ? Have you looked at the Kodak apps ?

Ken
    Those apps will only interact with Airprint and cloud-enabled Kodak printers, or Kodak-brand Kiosks installed commercially (pharmacies etc)

You're basically SOL on this one, you'll have to use your PC and email as an intermediary. To date I haven't heard of any printer MFR creating a desktop utility for this, and they have little reason to now. And by desktop utility I mean a program that turns your PC into an ad hoc airprint receiver for the older printer. Since all the newer printers are Airprint with few exceptions anyway, they have no reason to create such things.

Pro Tip though is with the average cost of ink, you can basically consider the printer a disposable commodity as after so many years/refills your spending on ink has far outstripped the cost of the hardware. One of the entry-level-but-not-retarded HP Printers averages around $80-90 and the set of fills retails for $45 (eg. 564 set). Unless you have compelling reasons to hang on to the old printer (Color Laser, Wide-format or other uncommon perk) you might as well purchase another low-cost airprint enabled unit for your mobile devices.

Advertisement