Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Ocean: The Last Hope International PS3

• 03-02-2013 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭

I know it has been out for a good while, but thinking of picking it up cheap on ebay, has anyone played the game and what have they thought of it.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's got a good battle system but it somehow manages to even out do MGS4 for the most god awful cutscenes ever in a videogame. The story is utter dirt and to make matters worse cutscenes can last 30-45 minutes. Definitely one to think about before you buy or get it cheap. I know lots of people that hate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It's got a good battle system but it somehow manages to even out do MGS4 for the most god awful cutscenes ever in a videogame. The story is utter dirt and to make matters worse cutscenes can last 30-45 minutes. Definitely one to think about before you buy or get it cheap. I know lots of people that hate it.

Thanks, its only 15 Euro on ebay so I will give it a bash, not wasting much money if it does turn out the way you say it does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Bought it a few years ago, found it to be a waste of time, one game I definitely don't feel guilty about not finishing.

Oh man, this game. The fighting sequences were quite good, I'll give it that, but it felt repetitive and annoying - first time I gave up on a game with such vehement annoyance, purely because I found one of the characters unbelievably annoying. That bloody young girl, with her cutesy catchphrases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's awful. Takes all of the worst character tropes from JRPGs and makes you watch them dick about for what feels like a lifetime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I have it sitting in my backlog. Possibly moved up into the attic with all my played games.

Is it really worth getting into?

I normally give games more of a chance than I gave this, I think the opening cinematic could have been about 40mins long, I just saved the game when that was done, and never turned it on again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Is it really worth getting into?

The general consensus is a big fat no.

Really isn't worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Well have decided against getting this, bought tales of grace f on eBay instead for 20 Euro

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Looks like it will be staying in the backlog, possibly indefinitely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,464 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Star Ocean: Till the End of Time

loved that game

Advertisement