Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fast & Furious 6

• 03-02-2013 7:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭

Sources Digital Spy

The official plot synopsis revealed
    The movie will see Agent Luke Hobbs (Dwayne Johnson)
    enlist
    the help of Dom (Vin Diesel) and Brian (Paul Walker) to take
    down
    an
    organisation of lethally-skilled mercenary
    drivers.
    "Since Dom and Brian's
    Rio heist toppled a kingpin's
    empire and left their crew with $100 million, our
    heroes have
    scattered across the globe. But their inability to return home and

living forever on the lam have left their lives incomplete," reads the

synopsis.
    "Meanwhile, Hobbs has been tracking an organisation of

lethally-skilled mercenary drivers across 12 countries, whose mastermind
    (Luke
    Evans) is aided by a ruthless second-in-command revealed to be
    the love Dom
    thought was dead, Letty (Michelle Rodriguez).
    "The
    only way to stop the
    criminal outfit is to outmatch them at street
    level, so Hobbs asks Dom to
    assemble his elite team in London.
    Payment? Full pardons for all of them so
    they can return home and make
    their families whole again."

Plus first teaser poster out

movies-fast-and-furious-6-poster.jpg

Teaser trailer to debut during Superbowl, should be good especially as
    Letty is back

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

It shows
    Lettie to be alive
    after the credits in Fast Five, which I enjoyed as a stupid slice of action, the F&F movies are totally guilty pleasures, bar 2 which sucked balls, hell I even like Tokyo Drift but that was more for the setting than anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Oh I dunno.. 2 wasn't so bad. Classic american muscle cars and whatshername :)

I love these films myself though.. I think some people approach movies like this with completely the wrong mindset and then complain afterwards. They're never going to make you think and they're not meant to. They're 2 hours of pure escapism and entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Sarxos

Superbowl trailer for Justin Lin's Fast and Furious 6 has landed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Christ.Just let the old dog die at this stage. Every one since 2 has been crap. Tokyo Drift was cringeworthy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

FINALLY!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Chavways wrote: »
    Christ.Just let the old dog die at this stage. Every one since 2 has been crap. Tokyo Drift was cringeworthy.

5 is the best one by a considerabe margin imo. Pretty sure that was a fluke though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

lol... Why would you put the plot in spoiler tags op :D Let me guess it involves sexy women, guys with big biceps, fast cars and guns? Am I far off? :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Chavways wrote: »

I think that Fast 5 is one of the better action movies to be released in the last few years. I'm looking forward to seeing The Rock back for Fast 6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Mickeroo wrote: »
    5 is the best one by a considerabe margin imo. Pretty sure that was a fluke though.

I still love the original the most, but 5 was a brilliant movie and really helped bring back the series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭OU812

Fast 5 was a fantastic action movie. Almost a reboot.

It stood alone as an action movie & I'd put it up with the first one for status. Three is the worst though.

Looking forward to this.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Deadly.

I'm far more excited for this than I am Iron Man 3 or pretty much any other 2013 big budget action film/summer blockbuster. The last entry in the series was a hell of a lot of fun, I watched it in the cinema and grabbed it on Blu-Ray on release day and enjoyed it just as much the second time. Since then I've watched it a few times, generally with friends who would see it on my shelf and mock me for owning it. They'd watch the film and after spending half an hour making snide remarks would get quiet and as the credits rolled would say something along the lines of "bloody hell that was good fun@,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Thrawn

I am wrong about thinking they were to film 6 and 7 back to back? I'm sure I read that last year.

The Trailer looks good I have to say.

Thrawn wrote: »
    I am wrong about thinking they were to film 6 and 7 back to back? I'm sure I read that last year.

The Trailer looks good I have to say.

You're not wrong. they wrote the scripts for 6 and 7 back-to-back, but they decided to film them separately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

lol... Why would you put the plot in spoiler tags op :D Let me guess it involves sexy women, guys with big biceps, fast cars and guns? Am I far off? :pac::pac::pac:

Was ust about to post the exact same thing, spolier tags are hardly a necessity when it comes to the plot of a 6th F&F movie :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I didnt want to spoil the plot for any newbies to the franchise :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 114 ✭✭bongomad

5 was the best bar the silly scene with the towing of the vault

• Registered Users Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭budgemook

bongomad wrote: »

This.

Can't wait for this although looks like it'll have vault scenes a plenty.

The Rock completes the Fast and Furious movies.

bongomad wrote: »

Oh you mean the highlight of the carchase ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 114 ✭✭bongomad

OU812 wrote: »
    Oh you mean the highlight of the carchase ???

yup wasn,t to gone on it !

• Advertisement

Just watched the trailer.
    They have a tank.
    I'm so going to see this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Having seen the trailer....

Yeah the series has been steadily moving away from the street racing theme but in all fairness......

A tank....

Seriously?

It will make money for sure but fans of the origional wi always wonder how it could have gone had Lin never got his hands on it, shame really....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

O yes I will be watching this,tank scene looks cool.

Universal have released a 3 minute preview of the film.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Was kinda worried about this till I seen the 3 minute teaser .taken down an AN 224 plane with spear guns and hot hatches is a tad bit 2fast 2 furious for my liking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Surely the bottom of the barrel must be worn out by now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

MJ23 wrote: »
    Surely the bottom of the barrel must be worn out by now?

the series has gotten better as it went on imo, except for 2, which is cack. The first one has aged terribly, that was more about the boy racer culture whereas now they're straight action movies centred around cars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

These are a bit of a guilty pleasure for me & I really enjoyed the last one.This has upped the ante again in the all out action stakes.
    We all know what to expect with these movies so switch of the brain & enjoy the ride.

In production cost terms, they're also really inexpensive with a massive return.

I'd predict at least two more of these.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Jacks Smirking Revenge

Seems to be an over the top escapist action movie in the same vein as the fifth one. Which is no bad thing as Fast Five was by far the best of the series.

krudler wrote: »

the series has gotten better as it went on imo, except for 2, which is cack. The first one has aged terribly, that was more about the boy racer culture whereas now they're straight action movies centred around cars

Whilst I agree that the first one was very 'boy racer' orientated, it's just a pity they went for the heist/action rather than exploring the world of the car enthusiast

Whilst I agree that the first one was very 'boy racer' orientated, it's just a pity they went for the heist/action rather than exploring the world of the car enthusiast

Why? If they had continued down the road of boy racer centric cinema then it would have gotten rather boring very quickly. Boy Racers are a niche audience and one which I doubt would be all that interested in going to the cinema. By appealing to a much wider audience they have took a series that most assumed wouldn't survive past the second film and turned it into one of the most enjoyable, thrilling and down right exhilarating action series of the decade.

Why? If they had continued down the road of boy racer centric cinema then it would have gotten rather boring very quickly. Boy Racers are a niche audience and one which I doubt would be all that interested in going to the cinema. By appealing to a much wider audience they have took a series that most assumed wouldn't survive past the second film and turned it into one of the most enjoyable, thrilling and down right exhilarating action series of the decade.

Yet I said 'Car Enthusiast' rather than 'Boy Racer'. Stereotypical response there to be honest.

There is a world of difference between the two and since the entire concept of the first one was based on Cars/Illegal car racing scene, it just seems more like a Hollywood cop out to bring the series down the tried and trusted 'action' route rather than going off exploring a different direction with it.

I concede that it certainly would have made less money doing that but I think the hardcore fans of the series would have been happier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

the first movie was a blatant rip-off of point break adapted to cater to the need for speed/souped up car crowd (although it was somewhat entertaining). the newer ones are better and the rock was a welcome addition, so overall the change is a fortunate one

indough wrote: »
    the first movie was a blatant rip-off of point break adapted to cater to the need for speed/souped up car crowd (although it was somewhat entertaining). the newer ones are better and the rock was a welcome addition, so overall the change is a fortunate one

You do have a valid point regards the plot similarities, but as for the rest couldn't agree with you less ;)

I loved the first one (back in the day) I agree that time has not been kind to it :) but Fast Five was utter garbage

• Advertisement

Yet I said 'Car Enthusiast' rather than 'Boy Racer'. Stereotypical response there to be honest.

There is a world of difference between the two and since the entire concept of the first one was based on Cars/Illegal car racing scene, it just seems more like a Hollywood cop out to bring the series down the tried and trusted 'action' route rather than going off exploring a different direction with it.

I concede that it certainly would have made less money doing that but I think the hardcore fans of the series would have been happier.

I really don't see how it could have went down a car enthusiast route. Actually what is a car enthusiast film? Is it one in which the cast wax lyrically about the classic cars they drive against one another. The first film was about underground racing but it was very much a film for early 20 something men who drive around in supped up cars that are all flash. It's a vapid, by the numbers action film centered around cars and as enjoyable as it was had the series continued to tread the same ground would have gotten real old, real quick.

By making the cars secondary to the action the series has gotten better with each entry. There are not many franchises that can say that the 5th entry has been the best to date and part 6 looks like it's going to be bloody good fun.

I really don't see how it could have went down a car enthusiast route. Actually what is a car enthusiast film? Is it one in which the cast wax lyrically about the classic cars they drive against one another. The first film was about underground racing but it was very much a film for early 20 something men who drive around in supped up cars that are all flash. It's a vapid, by the numbers action film centered around cars and as enjoyable as it was had the series continued to tread the same ground would have gotten real old, real quick.

By making the cars secondary to the action the series has gotten better with each entry. There are not many franchises that can say that the 5th entry has been the best to date and part 6 looks like it's going to be bloody good fun.

You said it, 'what is a car enthusiast film?' exactly the sort of thing Hollywood should be looking at instead of re-hashing the same old Action/Heist/Drug Lord crap over and over again, only this time with F&F they threw in a few cars to keep the theme going.

Speaking of getting old real quick :D Look at the formula layed out for the past 5 movies, cliche bad guy with almost or near enough the exact same plot FOR 5 MOVIES!!!!! Yes you could argue that various sub-plots keep the thing ticking along engauging just enough interest but after 5 movies surely someone must say WE CAN'T MAKE THE SAME FILM OVER AND OVER AGAIN!!!!

Yet they did...... Enter cliche bad guy film 6......

Yawn, oh throw in a tank for the **** of it, boring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

You said it, 'what is a car enthusiast film?' exactly the sort of thing Hollywood should be looking at instead of re-hashing the same old Action/Heist/Drug Lord crap over and over again, only this time with F&F they threw in a few cars to keep the theme going.

Speaking of getting old real quick :D Look at the formula layed out for the past 5 movies, cliche bad guy with almost or near enough the exact same plot FOR 5 MOVIES!!!!! Yes you could argue that various sub-plots keep the thing ticking along engauging just enough interest but after 5 movies surely someone must say WE CAN'T MAKE THE SAME FILM OVER AND OVER AGAIN!!!!

Yet they did...... Enter cliche bad guy film 6......

Yawn, oh throw in a tank for the **** of it, boring

But it works!the last one made 650 million,can't blame them for not changing the formula,if its not broken don't fix it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

A big chunk of this was filmed in Southend in Essex where I grew up. Plus I have much man-love for The Rock and therefore I'll be watching this.

But it works!the last one made 650 million,can't blame them for not changing the formula,if its not broken don't fix it!

Fair point and can't argue with the figures, and series will eventually burn out no matter what studios do...

But all I was really trying to say is persobally I would have liked to see the series remin more car orientated I.e. car enthusiasts rather than resorting to the tried and tested cliche bad guy route, but as for the figures/measured commerciall success of the series there is no arguing that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I really don't see how it could have went down a car enthusiast route. Actually what is a car enthusiast film? Is it one in which the cast wax lyrically about the classic cars they drive against one another.

You don't have to drive a classic car or be into classic car's to be considered a car enthusiast, people often confuse boy racers with car enthusiasts there a big difference ;) but yeh the first one was a boy racers wet dream.

I've enjoyed the majority of the Fast & Furious films even the third one purely because of the setting as someone has already said.

The fifth one was a brilliant film but whilst also keeping the cars involved, and more inline with real cars the led lights littered cars which I like, along with having some great action scenes.

I'll certainly be watching the new one and hoping it sticks along the same lines as the fifth.

You don't have to drive a classic car or be into classic car's to be considered a car enthusiast, people often confuse boy racers with car enthusiasts there a big difference ;) but yeh the first one was a boy racers wet dream.

I've enjoyed the majority of the Fast & Furious films even the third one purely because of the setting as someone has already said.

The fifth one was a brilliant film but whilst also keeping the cars involved, and more inline with real cars the led lights littered cars which I like, along with having some great action scenes.

I'll certainly be watching the new one and hoping it sticks along the same lines as the fifth.

I would agree with almost if not all of this, since we are of a similar mind, what did you think when you seen the tank in the trailer for the 6th?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Source

Jason Statham in this film at the end and the next film

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Source

Jason Statham in this film at the end and the next film

Interesting twist! Would certainly draw a crowd for 7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

trailer for this looks great fun http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi2942936857/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Final trailer which gives away pretty much the whole movie from the looks of it,still seems to be a whole lot of fun though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15 ConnorHunter

Fast and furious is superb car racing movie, i have seen this movie many times.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭DublinC

One of my favourite movie series, another one to go to the movies for!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15 ConnorHunter

Sarxos wrote: »
    You're not wrong. they wrote the scripts for 6 and 7 back-to-back, but they decided to film them separately.

YEs exactly. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement