Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fast & Furious 6

13»

Comments

e_e wrote: »
    If you don't want to appear so then it'd be best advised not to start off calling everyone who disagrees a moron. Just saying.

Lol true

Why can't a director have the freedom to be as outlandish as he wants to be? To me this film IS partly a comedy which is why I enjoyed it so much. The ending to the bridge scene in particularly cracked me up in a "can't believe this is happening but I'm actually really enjoying it" kind of way. [/QUOTE]

Well the scene at the bridge had me thinking the opposite of you. Suddenly out of nowhere the guy is a super hero. I mean I know it is the age of comic book movies and zero realism, but come on the dude is not iron man. The comedy in that movie was I thought in some places was really just so forced with the lines from the smaller characters in the team. The only time I did think the movie was a comedy was that stunt at the end.
    What are "proper stunts"? This and Fast Five have some incredible practical stunt work.

I guess this last scene just stayed in my mind in terms of the stunts. Oh and the one with the rock performing a similar aerial manouvere. Im sure there are plenty of practical stunts in there too, but these are what stand out.
    If you take the old jackie chan films, the stunts in his movies were seriously ridiculous, but incredible because he did them himself, you thinking as you see him do it, wow that guy is superhuman. How can a stunt be appreciated that is not real? Heavy CGI and such madness just takes all the 'awe' out of stunts.

Well sorry if you feel insulted by my opinion, but Im just calling it how I see it. When I sit through a film and every few mins and the holes in the movie are just jumping out and hitting me in the face I start to wonder just how low can things go, and what people are willing to accept and still write reviews lauding a piece of work that is really mindless.
    I sat through the whole thing so I am not totally elitist and snobbish :pac:, it entertained me to a degree like the other ones, but to read people going on about how good it is and its high quality, its just damning of the industry as a whole and the level of intelligence of the people who love it. All it means is things will get worse as the producers know they can fire any crap if theres some pretty faces and decent marketing behind it.

Anyway the argument has been had before and will be had again. If you want to laud ridiculous crap Im going to call you out for it, same way as I will get called elitist and snobbish for my opinion. Thems the breaks

So your not elitist but you repeatedly imply that anyone who enjoyed F&F 6 is a moron.

If you think that F&F 6 is the worst type of blockbuster then really, you need to watch more of them. No one expects anything from the franchise beyond a little light entertainment. It's easy to digest trash that is superb at what it does. The script may not be up there with the greats but it's head and shoulders above mover major Hollywood blockbusters. You found the humour and one liners tiresome, I found them to be quite funny and the interaction (insults) between the characters were well done.

The whole Hollywood is in trouble crap is just that crap. F&F 6 may make half a billion dollars world wide and that's no bad thing. The success of a film such as this means that the studio can invest in smaller, riskier pictures. Where do you think the money for Winter's Bone, After Earth, etc comes from? It's because these blockbusters are so successful that we get so many great indie and lower budget films each year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

fact is fast and furious delivers what it promises, unlike iron man and star trek who saturated the place in posters and advertising on every single corner, and both ended up being sub-par films,

youve had 5 films so far in the F&F series, and to say you watched them all yourself and went to see part 6 and then go and calls others morons cause they enjoyed themselves :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

It's the flying Rock
    a_560x0.jpg

You would have to be dead inside not to enjoy the ridiculousness of this moment.

a_560x0.jpg

Yes I am dead inside!!!

Did you know this year that 31 sequels and 17 remakes of previously filmed concepts are being released. So exciting!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Yes I am dead inside!!!

Did you know this year that 31 sequels and 17 remakes of previously filmed concepts are being released. So exciting!!!!!
    So that's the minority of films being made from all around the world, seems pretty fine to me. Especially when you take into account that there's a higher number of films being made than several decades ago.

Yes I am dead inside!!!

Did you know that this year will see the release of 3 to 4 hundred film minimum that are not based on existing properties.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,752 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Alright folks, enough of this argument and the generalised insults. Back on topic please!

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Jacks Smirking Revenge

Saw this last weekend. It was hilariously entertaining.

"How'd you know there'd be a car there to break our fall?" :pac:

Also Vin Diesel flying headbutts a guy. That should be enough to make anyone want to see this film.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭TOPDAWG2.0

Ive been to see this film twice now and loved it! It is just pure balls to wall OTT action from start to finish.
    Basically if youre watching this film and at any stage find yourself saying "well that could never happen" then get out of your seat and go home.

Usually i judge how good a movie is by how little i move in my seat, if a movies poor then im restless, if its good i dont move but for this i was all over the place but in a good way and THAT cliffhanger had me shoot bolt upright in my seat! Even as a big Marvel fan that topped any cliffhanger Marvel have ever given us!!

Love how this franchise has progressed along the way and isnt just a series of lame spin offs, each movie now connected to the other.

Also the opening credits flashbacks...AWESOME!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

This was possibly the stupidest movie I've seen in years. And on the Sunday night after a long weekend that kicked off with my sister's wedding, it was exactly what I needed in a movie: stupid, over-the-top nonsense.

The Fast and Furious franchise is never going to elevate itself beyond "guilty pleasure" genre imo: they're badly acted, badly scripted and many of the stunts ignore the constraints of real-world physics and that's fine by me. Are the WWE-like fight sequences or Vin Diesel leaping across a highway all that much more unbelievable than Mel Gibsons ability to chase down cars on foot in the Lethal Weapon series? I don't think it matters and will certainly be watching number seven.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I watched this last night in preparation for 7.

I just can't take these films seriously and no people are probably going to say "You're not meant to" but I disagree. The action is definitely OTT but the tone is nowhere near as tongue-in-cheek as it should be. And Justin Lin can do tongue-in-cheek, just watch Community; Modern Warfare, this is not it. All the talk of 'family' and revenge delivered with frowns and glares, these I have no problem with people watching them as light entertainment but I honestly don't think that's how they're intended and I don't know if that's Lin's fault or Morgan's but I really struggle with these films because the tone is all over the gaff and doesn't match up at all with the physics defying action in my book.

Genuinely surprised Gal Godot didn't survive that tumble on the runway given the **** the rest of the characters managed to get through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

Fast 4 was the first time me and my friend lay back in our seats in the cinema and arced our eyes at the ceiling and just repeated every so often "is it over?", but we couldn't bear to leave.

It was too hot outside and not that much cooler in the cinema.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Adamantium wrote: »
    Fast 4 was the first time me and my friend lay back in our seats in the cinema and arced our eyes at the ceiling and just repeated every so often "is it over?", but we couldn't bear to leave.

It was too hot outside and not that much cooler in the cinema.

They didn't get good until the 5th one ;)

Only got around to watching number 6 last week myself, enjoyable enough but didn't enjoy it like I did number 5, probably because number 5 was such a surprise.

Advertisement