Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is my screen broke ?

Options
  • 03-02-2013 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭

Hello guys, need some advice on a laptop...

I have a friends laptop (HP nx9240) and the screen is not working. However when I connect the laptop to an external monitor it shows up on the monitor so the system is working perfect.

I see that there are LCD Display Inverters (no idea what they are) but they are they only thing I can find to do with the screen. Could this be the prob?

Or could it be the graphics card or some other problem ?

Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

sounds like the screen is goosed.

If it was the graphics card you would not have any success plugging in another monitor.

It could be some loose lead inside or it could be something more.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Dey were Sooted

it could be a loose cable or the inverter - the inverter changes the power supplied to the screen from the rest of the computer ... someone else here may have some better advice but i would say don't go out buying a new screen just yet .....

you can have a read of this too .. might be of some help

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Look at the screen closely, is there any image on it except it's just very dark? If so it's possibly the inverter that is gone. The only cost a few quid and are generally easy enough to replace yourself. If not then you are probably looking at the monitor data cable or the screen that is faulty

Nick

Advertisement