Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding a decent brand of 5htp in the UK.

Options
  • 03-02-2013 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

I was taking holland n barret capsules and they worked great then they switched from a capsule to a tablet and the tablets just aren't as effective so I tried to find another brand and ordered from biovea and there 5-htp doesnt seem effective at all, just read reviews of biovea and very few are any good, I suffer from severe depression and can't afford to be off the one thing that worked for me so can anyone recommend a brand similar of capsules to the standard of holland n barret that ships to ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭edmethod

Can someone please help me out here? The Holland barret 5htp also had vitamin b6 in it, the 5htp im taking now does not and is doing nothing for me so could it have been the b6 that was working?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I looked up the ingrediant list of the holland and barret capsules that used to be available.

Ingredients: Bulking agents, capsule shell (gelatine), 5-Hydroxytryptophan, Magnesium Oxide, Anti-caking agents, Vitamin B6, Niacin.

This seems to come close to matching it.

http://www.vit-shop.ie/store/p/2571/1/FSC-5-HTP-100mg-60-Capsules.html

It has twice as much 5 htp 100mg rather than 50mg

Not sure if that helps I don't know anything about this kind of supplement.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,238 ✭✭✭✭Esel

www.iherb.com have a selection. If ordering from them, just pick the airmail option. They use a bulk courier to Germany and post it from there.

Not your ornery onager

Cheers guys Tuxy that is excellent exact same ingredients as HnB, still have to be careful with supplements don't think there's any regulation or set standards and don't want to get burned again.

Iv been reading up on it and it seems 5-htp needs to be taken with b6 for it to work which would explain why the big brands include it in there 5-htp and why the 5-htp I'm taking now isn't doing anything.

• Advertisement
Advertisement