Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Apple TV remote question

• 03-02-2013 9:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭

Will the apple TV remote work if the device is behind the TV (not line of sight) ?

I'm thinking of getting one of these to clip it to the back of the TV & hide it away (kids pulling at everything & this is the lightest/most at risk of being reefed out of it's home.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

OU812 wrote: »
    Will the apple TV remote work if the device is behind the TV (not line of sight) ?

I'm thinking of getting one of these to clip it to the back of the TV & hide it away (kids pulling at everything & this is the lightest/most at risk of being reefed out of it's home.
    Has to be in line if sight I'm afraid but if you have an iPhone, iPod or iPad then download the app 'remote' and you can turn on and use the Apple TV via the network

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭collie0708

If you download rowmote pro app for ios device its €4.49 but if it has a full keyboard which is way handier that the remote that come as standards with apple tv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

collie0708 wrote: »
    If you download rowmote pro app for ios device its €4.49 but if it has a full keyboard which is way handier that the remote that come as standards with apple tv.

Why would you pay for this when the Apple Remote app works with the Apple TV and can use the onscreen keyboard? Plus it's free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭collie0708

TBi wrote: »
    Why would you pay for this when the Apple Remote app works with the Apple TV and can use the onscreen keyboard? Plus it's free.

The paid app has a full key board on your phone/iPad. Moving around the on screen keyboard is very slow and a bit irritating if you are going to be using Apple TV a lot...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

collie0708 wrote: »
    The paid app has a full key board on your phone/iPad. Moving around the on screen keyboard is very slow and a bit irritating if you are going to be using Apple TV a lot...

So does the free app. I've used it myself. You can use the keyboard on the iPhone/iPad to control the Apple TV.

Again... why pay for what you can get for free?

• Advertisement
Advertisement