Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY Acoustic Treatment

Options
  • 03-02-2013 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

The biggest issue facing anyone trying to make DIY rigid fibre traps is finding the fibre. Perhaps people who have found good sources in Ireland would share with us here in this thread?

To get the ball rolling, here's an ingenious DIY design from a client of mine.
    IMO this looks really pro. It was made using electrical duct trap, rockwool, and bedsheet.

20.jpg

Full build story here http://www.irishacoustics.com/index.php/acoustics/diy-acoustic-traps/

DD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Out of interest, do you know why the instructions include 'A vice grips left in salt water for a week works well'?
    Why do the grips need to be rusty as in the pic. I must be missing something here because trashing tools just seems weird to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Echoplex

That was just a bit of slagging of the guy who made the traps.
    Slaggin the way he treats his tools....
    DD

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭fitz

Echoplex wrote: »
    That was just a bit of slagging of the guy who made the traps.
    Slaggin the way he treats his tools....
    DD

I'd be interested in hearing how the joint that holds it all together was done...

Advertisement