Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo 2/Halo 3 due for Steam release

• 03-02-2013 10:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

There's some method of which I'm not too familiar with, that allows people to see what apps/games Steam are adding to their library before they're released, and Halo 2/Halo 3 are apparently some that have been recently added, among others.

This link also sets off a few alarm bells too. :p

Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

meh-cat.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Otacon wrote: »
    meh-cat.jpg

Cheers for the insightful input. Should I jump into every thread on the board I don't care about too and try to be that hilarious?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Halo 2 online in any form would be brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Cheers for the insightful input. Should I jump into every thread on the board I don't care about too and try to be that hilarious?

It was a joke, relax.

I only ever played the Halo games on local multiplayer. A buddy and I went through each one on Legendary and had a laugh doing it. However, that was all that got me through those games, the chat we had, the non-game laughs and whatnot. The Halo story never interested me or the online multiplayer.

If they do get released and are at a good price, I might dip back into them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Otacon wrote: »
    The Halo story never interested me or the online multiplayer.

Personally only liked the single player and the story, never like halo MP.

Originally these ran terribly on the PC.

• Advertisement

• Ehhh, am I missing something.... I don't see anything within that link only the standard Steam store page :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Looks like it may have been leaked so taken down. I clicked the link earlier and it was working.

I know 1 and 2 were released previously and there was talk of 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Looks like it may have been leaked so taken down. I clicked the link earlier and it was working.

I know 1 and 2 were released previously and there was talk of 4.

Windows 8 needs some love from gamers, I think we'll see something similar to what happened with Halo 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Varik wrote: »
    Windows 8 needs some love from gamers, I think we'll see something similar to what happened with Halo 2.

Windows 8 doesn't need anything except to be recycled. It's only useful possibly for tablet forms.
    I had to use it pre-release in work for months, drove me mental, I hate it.

Windows XP Pro - Great
    Vista - Awful
    7 - Brilliant
    8 - Awful

I think most PC gamers here probably skipped Vista also.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

An offical Halo group was put up but has been taken down again apparently.

Either way I welcome any Halo games. I enjoyed 1 and 2 on PC immensely. Halo 1 was great fun at LANs

EDIT: There's a buttload of steamapps removed.

La-Mulana
    The Splatters
    Octodad: Dadliest Catch Beta
    Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition (Duke Nukem 3D+)
    Super House of Dead Ninjas
    Fez
    LucasArts Test App
    Fast and Furious 6
    Lococycle
    Yogventures!
    Hardware
    Hardware (Demo)
    Dyad
    Cut the Rope
    Shadow Warrior Complete
    Hardware (VIP)
    Hardware (Internal)
    THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII
    Retro/Grade
    Resident Evil: Revelations
    THE KING OF FIGHTERS 2002 UNLIMITED MATCH
    THE KING OF FIGHTERS '98 ULTIMATE MATCH
    Quantum Conundrum 2
    Halo 3
    Halo 2
    Halo: Combat Evolved
    The Witness
    Angry Birds Space
    Angry Birds Seasons
    Second Life
    Brutal Legend

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,542 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Maybe someone can mod in a new ending to Halo 2!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Maybe someone can mod in a new ending to Halo 2!

Well with Halo 3 it's not that bad. What I want is a mid where Audrey II sings, a missed opportunity by Bungie.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

There killing support for Halo 2 multiplayer on the 15th of month on PC. Seems an odd decision if they intend to put it up on steam.

While I'm not a fan of the series I suppose it is nice to have the complete trilogy on 1 format for people who purchased the first 2.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Azza wrote: »
    There killing support for Halo 2 multiplayer on the 15th of month on PC. Seems an odd decision if they intend to put it up on steam.

While I'm not a fan of the series I suppose it is nice to have the complete trilogy on 1 format for people who purchased the first 2.

They can easily go back on the decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Or do what they should and when they stop support, release software for a dedicated server.

D wrote: »
    Or do what they should and when they stop support, release software for a dedicated server.

Halo 2 already has software for dedicated servers. Anyone can create one. It's the master server that detects the dedicated servers that is being taken down.

The regular Halo 2 online infrastructure being taken down could coincide with a Steamworks release.

Probably will never happen but a man can dream. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

There's hardly any point at this stage, is there? Surely everyone even remotely interested in those games already has them, and it's not like Steam has a shortage of amazing multiplayer games that do everything Halo does?

Seems as though there's yet more reason to believe it could turn out to be true. One of the games on the list, Dyad, has been announced via Twitter to be coming to Steam after whoever running the account said the announcement was supposed to be a surprise but was ruined and is available in March.

Microsoft released a statement denying that they are planing on putting any of the Halo games on Steam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Azza wrote: »
    Microsoft released a statement denying that they are planing on putting any of the Halo games on Steam.
    Yup, disappointed, but better to know rather than hope uselessly.

Still, Dyad is coming, which is great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

The regular Halo 2 online infrastructure being taken down could coincide with a Steamworks release.

Probably will never happen but a man can dream. :p

Given that the servers are being shut down due to the active global server population of being less than 22 players monthly...I'm surprised they're still up tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

An offical Halo group was put up but has been taken down again apparently.

Either way I welcome any Halo games. I enjoyed 1 and 2 on PC immensely. Halo 1 was great fun at LANs

EDIT: There's a buttload of steamapps removed.

La-Mulana
    The Splatters
    Octodad: Dadliest Catch Beta
    Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition (Duke Nukem 3D+)
    Super House of Dead Ninjas
    Fez
    LucasArts Test App
    Fast and Furious 6
    Lococycle
    Yogventures!
    Hardware
    Hardware (Demo)
    Dyad
    Cut the Rope
    Shadow Warrior Complete
    Hardware (VIP)
    Hardware (Internal)
    THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII
    Retro/Grade
    Resident Evil: Revelations
    THE KING OF FIGHTERS 2002 UNLIMITED MATCH
    THE KING OF FIGHTERS '98 ULTIMATE MATCH
    Quantum Conundrum 2
    Halo 3
    Halo 2
    Halo: Combat Evolved
    The Witness
    Angry Birds Space
    Angry Birds Seasons
    Second Life
    Brutal Legend

Does this indicate that these cames will be coming to steam? Most importantly will I finally get to play Fez?

Grimebox wrote: »
    Does this indicate that these cames will be coming to steam? Most importantly will I finally get to play Fez?

They already said it on their Twitter that it's coming to Steam about 3 weeks ago

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Remember when FFVII was outed for steam on a similar list? Don't get your hopes up.

Thing is that game did appear on PC. Just not on steam. I suspect negotiations fell though with Steam, Square may have wanted it as an exclusive for there own store.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Grimebox wrote: »
    Does this indicate that these cames will be coming to steam?

Not necessarily, PC Gamer had a good report on that list, basically stating that any of the items on the list could be place holders, and it's essentially meaningless.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/02/04/halo-3-fez-and-quantum-conundrum-2-appear-in-steam-registry/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,402 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

From that list Brutal Legend did just come to Steam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

oddly enough, halo 2 just had its online servers extended until june

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭spankmaster2000

After all Valve's badmouthing of Windows 8; plus their Steambox on the way to compete with the XBox; how likely is it that Microsoft are actually saying "oh, go on then, you can make a bit of profit out of selling our game for us you rascals!"

Advertisement