Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Learning Irish cd

Options
  • 03-02-2013 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

Anyone have any ideas of cds to aid learning of Irish? Am a beginner and drive a lot for work so cd in the Connemara dialect would be handy to go with my other learning methods! And before anyone says R na G I'm not good enough to have a clue of a clue what they're saying!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭eoinoc333

Hi TheCoolWay. We have a two-hour digital album, although it's not Conamara specifically (leans more towards Munster, but attemps to standardise where possible).

It's a crash-course, and doesn't assume that you know any Irish already (although it sounds like you're ahead of absolute beginner for sure).

Called "Learn Irish With Eoin".

It's on iTunes:
    https://itunes.apple.com/ie/album/learn-irish-with-eoin/id573833803

And as MP3s from Amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/Learn-Irish-With-Eoin/dp/B009Y6VZY6/

If you have more questions, feel free to ask, and I'm sure others here can give you ideas on other options in any case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

Get yourself some Conamara sean nós singing CDs which will get you in on the dialect and the sounds first.

Then, go for Learning Irish cds by M. O Siadhail. Completely Conamara Irish. But useless if you are not doing a bit of study alongside this in the evenings, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭TheCoolWay

I am well familiar with the sound and dialect-ish but understanding what they mean is the problem... I live in Connemara! Hence why I have to learn a bit!

Advertisement