Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worth a shot?

Options
  • 04-02-2013 1:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, I missed the visas as I was very sick. I hear there is no places left but they are still taking applicants, is it worth a shot. Is there a form of J1 or similar for full time students? please help me out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Tiddlers

Methodz wrote: »
    Hi, I missed the visas as I was very sick. I hear there is no places left but they are still taking applicants, is it worth a shot. Is there a form of J1 or similar for full time students? please help me out.

There's no J1 type visa so unless you know you can commit to two years in Canada,I wouldn't waste your opportunity now. You may want those two years in Canada in the future.

But, since they are still accepting applications, if you want to go over for longer than a summer you may as well apply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

Not worth your while mate being realistic there's not much chance of getting a visa now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

I would say yes it's worth a shot as you've got nothing to lose. If you don't get the visa you get refunded the 120 euro that you pay, so it won't cost you anything in the end. Look at it this way, you 100% won't get the visa if you don't apply so why not just chance it and see what happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

It's always worth a shot, you'll get nowhere without trying. The iec is the canadian j1 visa. Apply, and work towards next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭frankspencer

Say if you missed the visas?....but had a the offer of a job can you get a work permit then?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

Say if you missed the visas?....but had a the offer of a job can you get a work permit then?
    Will they sponser you?

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

You coud if they are willing to try for a LMO. Its not really that much hassle to them, theres not much paperwork and its free. Most canadian employers will know of it and possibly done it before.

If its successful you would have a work permit for the duration of your contract, usually up to 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭rusheen

Methodz wrote: »

Go for it ! they'll prob open up more places as some are rejected/ not taken up . out of the 6300 original places I'd say 1000 wont be taken .

Goodluck

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Undertow

Nothing to lose kiddo. I was in the exact same boat and only got around to applying last night. I got in at No.7070. I have a feeling more spaces will become available due to demand. But how many is anyones guess. Fingers crossed eh!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 totsy88

I would say there will be at least 200-300 more visa's made available going by the crazy speed at which they went. Mabe more. I mean if they are that much in demand and the country really needs young people, im sure anyone with WTN up to 7000 will get a break.

well I hope for you guys it does. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

I cant see them releasing any more visas like why would they that's years quota for Ireland which is already up 1k on last year's if they released more for Ireland they would have to do so for every other country who ran out which they wont. i suppose if you get a refund you might as well but i hope anyone who is below the figure does not make mistakes and gets granted there visa:D

Advertisement