Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

**Prizes offered!**Boards.ie Top 100 Players - 2013 Edition

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Put together stats based on the 42 entries received so far.

Nice split of offence/defence at the top of the list. Of the top 17 players, it's as close to a 50:50 split you can get, with 9 offensive and 8 defensive.

Also, of the 110 players nominated altogether, 8 of them are rookies.

I'll put together a lot of fun statistics this year, because I'll have last years to compare to, so I'll have things like Risers, Fallers, QBs 2012 vs QBs 2013 etc. Gonna be fun.

Really can't wait for this JaMarcus. Offseason bit boring the minute

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Finally got round to sending in my list. More then likely forgot someone obvious but thats the fun of it i guess. Looking forward to the big reveal!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Ok, so the deadline has technically passed, but I haven't started putting together the final list. I have the new episode of Game of Thrones to watch tonight, and a new series of Arrested Development to start too - but I will start putting it together tomorrow or Wednesday. Consider this your last warning - my next post in this thread will be a big, fat "Deadline Passed" so you still have time to get your list in if you haven't already. Would love a few more entries to take us past last year's total.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Ok, so the deadline has technically passed, but I haven't started putting together the final list. I have the new episode of Game of Thrones to watch tonight, and a new series of Arrested Development to start too - but I will start putting it together tomorrow or Wednesday. Consider this your last warning - my next post in this thread will be a big, fat "Deadline Passed" so you still have time to get your list in if you haven't already. Would love a few more entries to take us past last year's total.
    Bad news. No GoT tonight!

It was some memorial day yesterday in America so GoT put back to next week :(

However it does mean we get some stats sooner so :)

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Bad news. No GoT tonight!

It was some memorial day yesterday in America so GoT put back to next week :(

**** ****ing **** :mad::(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I thought the deadline was the 29th so I'll finished mine off in the next hour or so.

Forgot all about this, submitted mine ages ago just after the Superbowl so probably loads of ****ty entries in there.

Up to 49 received now. Need 1 more for those prizes to come into effect. We had 55 entries last year, so ideally I'd like to at least match that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Up to 49 received now. Need 1 more for those prizes to come into effect. We had 55 entries last year, so ideally I'd like to at least match that.

I was holding out til there were definitely prizes on offer :cool: :p

But after leaving it for far far far too long my entry is in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,029 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Jamarcus why don't you just make it 11.59pm on the 31st of May at this stage and then lets get it on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Finally got off my hole and did a list :o. Just PM it to you JaMarcus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Cool so we have the 50 now?

Two minute warning

...or rather, 13 minute warning. Voting will be closed at midnight, with the first batch of 5 players revealed.

Thanks for taking part everyone. Now the fun begins.

First batch of players who were nominated but did not make the Top 100:

LeSean McCoy (Running Back, Philadelphia Eagles)
    Chris Myers (Center, Houston Texans)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Great stuff JaMarcus, loving the little stats sheet you have underneath the players too. Must take a serious amount of work to put together so thanks for doing this.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

First batch of players who were nominated but did not make the Top 100:

LeSean McCoy (Running Back, Philadelphia Eagles)
    Chris Myers (Center, Houston Texans)
    Where did Shady rank last year on the boards list?
    Actually watching the NFL top 100 hundred atm and Shady just been voted 45 there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Great work JaMarcus, have to follow that thread now so I dont miss any updates...

Love the stats and layout in the countdown thread, that's some amount of work you put in there JaMarcus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Great work JaMarcus. Shocked that Shady isnt in the top 100 this year, I know he had a down year due to a bad team and injuries but thought for sure he'd be in the list somewhere!

• Advertisement

I've stickied the countdown thread so that during the next couple of weeks it's always visible on the front page as there be a lot of discussion generated from it

I agree frostie I think shady had an incredible year considering he was pretty much blocking for himself

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I agree frostie I think shady had an incredible year considering he was pretty much blocking for himself

Bryce Brown did very well towards the end of the season when he came in so being on a bad team doesn't cut it for me, he just had a bad year.

I wouldn't have him next or near 45 on this list to be honest and certainly not top 25.

adrian522 wrote: »
    Bryce Brown did very well towards the end of the season when he came in so being on a bad team doesn't cut it for me, he just had a bad year.

I wouldn't have him next or near 45 on this list to be honest and certainly not top 25.

I didn't have shady on my list but Il have to disagree with you even Bruce brown did really well for me he's a serious talent

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I didn't have shady on my list but Il have to disagree with you even Bruce brown did really well for me he's a serious talent

Well I think it goes to show that McCoy didn't have an "incredible" year. I think his season was poor by his standards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Well I think it goes to show that McCoy didn't have an "incredible" year. I think his season was poor by his standards.

I'd agree with that. That coupled with the Eagles non-entity of a season in general makes it less of a surprise.

Have to echo the sentiments of those earlier - loving the stats box under the players this year Jamarcus.

Good to see one Packer already in!

• Advertisement

Ya cudos jamarcus you did an excellent job last year and you've outdone yourself this year

Ya incredible was probably a bit strong Im just still pretty shocked by how bad the line was as I said I didn't have him in mine and I'm very biased so I would agree he shouldn't be in there

The issue with a list like this is you only nominate 25 players so have to be quite ruthless about who gets in. I only had 4 or 5 running backs I think, which means there are a lot of good backs that I didn't nominate.

The issue with a list like this is you only nominate 25 players so have to be quite ruthless about who gets in. I only had 4 or 5 running backs I think, which means there are a lot of good backs that I didn't nominate.

Yeah I think I had only Adrian Peterson in my list, there's just now value in the running back position so as you say there's a lot of good players lower down the lists or out of it entirely. London Fletcher is a good case in point at 99

I capped it at 25 as while there would have been people who had no problem throwing together a top 50, I wouldn't have got half the submissions. Only 25 has its flaws, but as with last year, it only starts taking shape once you get to players who were nominated upwards of 10/15 times.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

For some reason I thought we had to submit a list of a 100...which is why I didn't submit any....d'oh :pac:

I capped it at 25 as while there would have been people who had no problem throwing together a top 50, I wouldn't have got half the submissions. Only 25 has its flaws, but as with last year, it only starts taking shape once you get to players who were nominated upwards of 10/15 times.

Yeah, completely agree with your reasoning, just outlining why I wouldn't have the likes on McCoy on my list, even though I'd rate him in the top 100.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Sorry JaMarcus for not submitting anything, just never got around to it and I haven't been paying attention to Boards lately. Your dedication and work-level is absolutely excellent. I'll keep my eyes peeled for the growing list. Again, awesome work.

Will have a double update tonight guys, to make up for none yesterday. Had to travel at short notice and was laptop-less but on the way home now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Will have a double update tonight guys, to make up for none yesterday. Had to travel at short notice and was laptop-less but on the way home now.

Don't worry I forgive you!!

But on a serious note fair fuks to ya!

Last year's #91, Jason Witten, does not make the cut despite being nominated. Better luck next year Jason. Something most folks associated with the Dallas Cowboys are used to hearing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

wow can't believe big Mo' only got one vote, barring JJ Watt I think he is the best 3-4 DE in the league

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Alfred Morris got a healthy 5 votes but there were all low votes and so he got outranked by two players who only got one vote each

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Mike Pouncey gets in but Chris Meyers gets snubbed? Booooooo

Meyers is the center for arguably the best O line in the league and was selected as probowl alternate last year.

Mike Pouncey just has name recognition as a first round pick

Jaysis I won something!

• Advertisement

Jaysis I won something!

If the shock is too much for you to handle? I'll be more than glad to offer my support and take the heavy burden from your shoulders if need be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,029 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

phatkev wrote: »
    wow can't believe big Mo' only got one vote, barring JJ Watt I think he is the best 3-4 DE in the league

You can only pick 25 players so its unlikely anybody is going to pick bunch of defensive ends and even then you have the likes of Cameron Wake and Jared Allen who play DE in a 4-3. I think they are going to be picked long before Wilkerson.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

My first pick is gone anyway. Alfred Morris had the five votes but obviously other people were like me and had him at 24/25. Still a very exciting prospect for next year though!

If the shock is too much for you to handle? I'll be more than glad to offer my support and take the heavy burden from your shoulders if need be.

Na it's grand I'll take one for the team ;)
    Won't be visiting a certain streaming site this year :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

Last year's #91, Jason Witten, does not make the cut despite being nominated. Better luck next year Jason. Something most folks associated with the Dallas Cowboys are used to hearing.

Well there are arguably 3 or 4 Tight Ends that are better than Witten, and I find it hard to rank any Tight End in a list of the top 25 players in the league.

3 Jets already?

Someone's voting was fairly "home team" specific....

Actually just looking at my list, I had 25 players taken from 15 teams.

Wonder what was the average spread of votes across teams was?

BizzyC wrote: »
    3 Jets already?

Someone's voting was fairly "home team" specific....

The 3 Jets players so far - Wilkerson, Ferguson and Cromartie - were all voted for by different people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Think I put in 20 different teams, but I'm such a dope I voted for one player twice in different spots.

• Advertisement

The 3 Jets players so far - Wilkerson, Ferguson and Cromartie - were all voted for by different people.

Sssshh, you're ruining a chance for me to hate on Jets fans....

Advertisement