Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IMI Diplomas in business Management, any experience with this institution?

Options
  • 04-02-2013 8:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

I was considering completing 2 diplomas at the IMI in Sandyford, the diplomas look very good content wise, if a person completes two diplomas and then submits a thesis you are awarded a Masters in Business. The courses are quite expensive though if your are not an IMI member

Any experience out there from persons who have completed the courses?
    Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Hellywelly

Hi

IMI has always had a good reputation in executive education - that is short(ish) courses for practising managers/senior staff in business and Industry. Who will your Masters be accredited by? I don't think the IMI can accredit its own courses and certainly not to degree / masters level. Once you know that then you should be in better position to make a decision on this

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭david4791

UCC accredit the Masters I believe?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Hellywelly

Have you asked them if you can be linked into someone who has done the course/s you are interested in? They used to supply that service ? That way you'd get a good idea of whether its right for you.
    Also maybe research the UCC Business School to see if it has strengths in the areas you're interested in - that should also give you some idea of quality of courses and qualification

Best of luck!

Advertisement