Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beyonce - Dublin - O2 - May 11/12th *Discussion ONLY - NO ticket Sales / Swaps*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Mellio

leahyl wrote: »
    It's actually ridiculous, I followed it to the letter and still didn't get them. It just goes to show it's a lottery when its a concert for someone like Beyonce :(

Same here I was refreshing from 8:55 and got in at 09:02 and chose the sunday date, waiting for 2 minutes and told non available.

I dont beleive for one minute there were that many tickets available online, o2 are sure ensuring there customers are well ahead in the queue.

I wonder how many tickets they got allocated for this concert prior to general sale.

totoally unfair process.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭redmond08

Mr.S wrote: »
    Why refresh at 8:55, when tickets where only released at 9am? Refreshing before that doesn't do anything and just ****s up the site.

Its not an unfair process, you only think its unfair because you didn't get a ticket.

This is not some conspiracy theory with o2, They get a presale allocation for O2 customers, but thats only about 2-5k.

Keep an eye out on ticketmaster for returned tickets or production tickets nearer the date.

---

As per the charter, NO ticket sales or swaps or allowed on thread

Use Adverts.ie or Toutless.com for tickets:)

It is an unfair process when you have 2 tiered seating tickets, click continue after picking how you want them delivered, for you then to be kicked out. Also it might say 9.00 but Iv bought tickets that should of been on sale at 9.00 to be on sale at 8.55 so no wonder people keep hitting the F5 button.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Why refresh at 8:55, when tickets where only released at 9am? Refreshing before that doesn't do anything and just ****s up the site.

Its not an unfair process, you only think its unfair because you didn't get a ticket.

Totally agree as regards the refreshing - I tried that the other day before the pre-sale ones and it did me no favours.

I do think it's a lottery definitely as to whether you get tickets or not - fact is everyone was online at that time so some people are bound to be disappointed - me being one of them :( I really hope the rumours about the Aviva are true!

Well ofcourse its going to be some sort of a lottery, there is only around 10-11,000 tickets going on sale for each day, and i'm sure there where lots more then that trying to get tickets!

Basically, with huge high demand events like this, its always going to be hard to get tickets and will need some luck!

I'm obviously not very lucky then - didn't get tickets from pre-sale or general sale :( It just makes me want to go all the more now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I was on at 9am trying to get 3 tickets for the Saturday show and had a waiting period of 8 minutes, it said no tickets left for €74. I then tried for €84 and it came up the same. I then clicked best available and got 3 standing tickets for €74 each.

• Advertisement

This is not some conspiracy theory with o2, They get a presale allocation for O2 customers, but thats only about 2-5k.

Keep an eye out on ticketmaster for returned tickets or production tickets nearer the date.

---

As per the charter, NO ticket sales or swaps or allowed on thread

Use Adverts.ie or Toutless.com for tickets:)

What side of the bed you get out of this morning.

I did't refresh as in refresh I just went from one page to another which then refreshes the information on the previous page to go from more info
    to find tickets.

The reason I went in at 08:55 is to be ready when they turn on the application process and does not as you say it f**k up the system.

Ticketmaster has been well equiped in recent times to deal with an influx of thousands at any one time, otherwise they would be quickly out of business if they couldnt deal with that much traffic every time they sell tickets.

I would appreciate less agression when responding please.

and to justify that even further I went in a second time and my queuing time went to 12 minutes intead of the 3 minutes the first time I got in so getting ready for something to happen is part and parcel of getting in quickly, fact!

Its unfair when the bulk of the tickets are not actually available, they should state that the remainder of tickets that o2 havent taken are now available on ticketmaster if your lucky.

You dont think they would spend a huge amount of money paying beyonce to advertise her own concert and getting them through o2 early on prime time tv if they didnt have many to sell themselves, very niave to think otherwise.

Thanks for your valuable two lines of information in your post about when to look out for extra tickets, I don't really care they were for my sister in law. :D

I don't understand what you mean by the bulk of tickets not being available, the majority of tickets went on sale this morning?

I was being sarcastic.

you know exactly how many tickets went on sale this morning, yes?

you work for o2 then,I guess. Its all speculation from all of us, no right or wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Pure lottery. A few of us in work were all trying Friday with the pre-sale and none of us were successful.

This morning only I got them. 2 of us got tickets only! I had a Firefox and a Chrome window open and it worked in Firefox.

I got standing which I didn't want, but couldn't take the risk of turning them down.

Thats Valentines and the wifes birthday presents sorted anyway :)

• Site Banned Posts: 152 ✭✭CUPimus

I think this show will be amazing, she really does know how to put on a show!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 colours of a cowboy cliche

To those of you who were unable to get tickets this morning, keep trying. I was unable to get tickets in the O2 presale and also this morning and was as frustrated as everyone else. However, I took a chance and went back into Ticketmaster about 15 minutes ago and was able to get 3 standing for Sunday. I'm absolutely delighted especially as I'm surprising my niece and bringing her to her first concert.

• Advertisement

To those of you who were unable to get tickets this morning, keep trying. I was unable to get tickets in the O2 presale and also this morning and was as frustrated as everyone else. However, I took a chance and went back into Ticketmaster about 15 minutes ago and was able to get 3 standing for Sunday. I'm absolutely delighted especially as I'm surprising my niece and bringing her to her first concert.

How on earth did you get them if they are 'sold out' on the O2 website??

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭redmond08

Must be a car park ticket you got :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Interesting. . .
    I just went in for the fun of it (not that I am that interested in going), asked for one ticket anywhere, both dates gave me no matches.
    And as said by Leahyl above, it has been announced sold out since early morning. . . I wonder. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 22 colours of a cowboy cliche

Leahyl - sorry I should've clarified. I tried the O2 presale last Friday with no luck and then the general Ticketmaster sale today.

Lol, Redmond08. That'd be expensive parking.

I just thought I'd share my experience seeing as I managed to get tickets a few hours after they had apparently sold out. Keep trying though - none of you might be lucky or maybe one or two of you might. It's worth a shot.

Returned tickets / CC payments failed / more tickets released to stop touts, so it's worth checking TM every so often for tickets!

Are you serious?! So when it says sold out it doesn't actually mean its sold out??? That's a new one on me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Phew - got a ticket. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

She is gonna put on some show :) Went to see her last time she was here and she was unreal !!!

it's a shame she is not playing the Aviva, sack that production team imo :P they would of made a mint putting on 2 or 3 nights there rather then the o2 :rolleyes:
    The o2 is actually tiny compare to some of the venues I have been to for concerts!

Chances are she will add another date nearer to the time!

My cousin was lucky enough to get me pre sale tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

All 11 UK dates sold out in 10 minutes. There is a good chance of more dates now, probably another UK/Ireland leg later in the year. Hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭SusanneKn

Just don't buy any of the touts. You would only support them.

try http://www.toutless.com.

Usually people sell their tickets a few weeks/days before a gig because something came up and they cant make it anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

Hi all,

Just a question for those who bought their tickets from the Beyonce fan club website! Have you received them in the post yet?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Niamh_101

augusta24 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just a question for those who bought their tickets from the Beyonce fan club website! Have you received them in the post yet?!

No I'm still waiting for mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

Thanks for the reply! I was starting to worry that maybe mine had been lost in the post! I'll post here when I get mine! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Niamh_101

augusta24 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply! I was starting to worry that maybe mine had been lost in the post! I'll post here when I get mine! :)

They will probably email people when they dispatch the tickets. I'd say we'll get them next week, definitely a few weeks before the concert!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Molly.Cork

Hi,
    I pre ordered Beyonce tickets as well. I emailed about them+they said I should have them this week. No sign of them so far.(Tues 16th April). They said they had been posted from Manchester by recorded post (registered) last week.
    I'll wait til Friday+ email them again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭ciaramc

I also ordered tickets throught the beyonce presale. I havent received the tickets yet either. They are being posted to my parents's address so wont know to the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Molly.78

Hi,

There seems to be a major problem with the preordered tickets. Turnup group are distributing them& so far thousands haven't arrived for concerts that are next week!! If you don't receive your tickets in the post you have to email them& they will make tickets available at the 02. Very frustrating. Especially since I paid $18 for delivery. They still insist that the tickets were posted in Manchester last week! My guess is that they have either been lost/stolen.

If anyone gets their tickets in the post could you let us know.

See ye there-hopefully!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭ciaramc

Hopefully I will have got my tickets from Turnup group in the post. Have them sent to my parents house so going to check tomorrow if they are there. Thanks for letting us know Molly.78

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Star10

Hi molly.78-what email address did you write to? Ours haven't arrived either...getting concerned now

• Registered Users Posts: 6 bantasaurusrex

My friends, cousins and myself all bought our tickets on the Beyonce presale and we're in a similar situation where ours haven't arrived yet, I was going to wait until this weekend to start panicking about it but reading Molly.78 's post I'm not starting to worry a little, I am glad to know that it isn't just us that are having this problem...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Star10

Yes bantasaurusrex, it's worrying that they have been supposedly posted from Manchester...It couldn't take that long...I emailed the only turngroup email address I had, which was the address verification one...but not sure if this is the correct one and have heard nothing back so far

Advertisement