Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beyonce - Dublin - O2 - May 11/12th *Discussion ONLY - NO ticket Sales / Swaps*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

How is it going to work? I havent been to the 02 before so dont know the protocol! is it going to be that we will have to queue for our tickets and then queue again to get into the 02?

I've always had a ticket but I THINK there is a separate queue for those waiting to get their tickets - but if you were thinking of queuing to be near the front it won't happen because you will be only getting your tickets when people are been let into the actual venue cos you'll have to queue for the tickets and then go to whatever entrance you are (1,2 etc.,).

Basically while you're queuing for your tickets the first few rows will be taken - I really think it'll only be a problem if you're a massive fan and want to be very near the front. If not, and you're happy to be back a few rows and be able to breath then it won't be much of a worry.

Not too sure what her fans are like to be honest - whether a lot of people will be bothered about been front row.

/sorryforrambling:o

• Registered Users Posts: 15 helenosullivan

im just hoping they'll make a deal with the 02 to get tickets early or something!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Niamh_101

Maire2009 wrote: »
    I've always had a ticket but I THINK there is a separate queue for those waiting to get their tickets - but if you were thinking of queuing to be near the front it won't happen because you will be only getting your tickets when people are been let into the actual venue cos you'll have to queue for the tickets and then go to whatever entrance you are (1,2 etc.,).

Basically while you're queuing for your tickets the first few rows will be taken - I really think it'll only be a problem if you're a massive fan and want to be very near the front. If not, and you're happy to be back a few rows and be able to breath then it won't be much of a worry.

Not too sure what her fans are like to be honest - whether a lot of people will be bothered about been front row.

/sorryforrambling:o

You can get Early Entry tickets for around €25 on her website but I think it's with turnup group.

Niamh_101 wrote: »
    You can get Early Entry tickets for around €25 on her website but I think it's with turnup group.

Yeah, lot of artists do that early entry thing - sometimes you can get them as an add, i.e. you have your ticket bought already and get the early entrance package (normally merchandise as well) added.

To be honest, I've been to the O2 a fair bit and always had a great view. I think Beyonce uses a center stage as well so you don't need to be right at the front to be close.

Yeah, lot of artists do that early entry thing - sometimes you can get them as an add, i.e. you have your ticket bought already and get the early entrance package (normally merchandise as well) added.

To be honest, I've been to the O2 a fair bit and always had a great view. I think Beyonce uses a center stage as well so you don't need to be right at the front to be close.

I don't think there will be a second stage for her Dublin concerts :( But you are right about the view!

• Advertisement

I don't think there will be a second stage for her Dublin concerts :( But you are right about the view!

There was though for her tour last time, and if she has one in Manchester etc., she'll have it here. Not seen much of the tour so not sure if it's part of it.

There was though for her tour last time, and if she has one in Manchester etc., she'll have it here. Not seen much of the tour so not sure if it's part of it.

I think the second stage is too big for the O2, looking at the seating chart on ticketmaster there seems to be only one stage for Dublin dates.

I think the second stage is too big for the O2, looking at the seating chart on ticketmaster there seems to be only one stage for Dublin dates.

There never put in the second stage in those - they are only general guides. It's never the actual lay-out.

SPOILER :
    She flies over the crowd to get to the second stage, so she'll def have it at the O2 :D

I emailed turnup group about the whole getting the tickets at the same time the doors open at... what i got back was

'We are working with the venue to see what can be done. We will let everyone know as a solution is decided on. Thank you,'

• Registered Users Posts: 4 glizzy

Hi everyone,

Bit of strange question this! I managed to get my tickets in the post so myself and my friends are all set for the standing area on the Saturday night! However since booking this waaay back in Feb, I am now pregnant! Will be 10 weeks by the time of the concert so not really in a position to "come clean" but a bit worried about standing/ bopping around for 2.5 hours or so.
    My question is this: are there any seats at all in the standing area (ie for people who feel faint or something) even just to sit down for a few minutes every so often??
    Or failing that, do you think it would be easy to do a swap standing for seating?

I know Beyonce has probably performed entire concerts while pregnant but I'm no Beyonce :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 OllKk

congrats Glizzy :-) I'm at the other end of the scale (35 weeks so doc not too keen for me to go at all now!) From experience, you need to tell one of your friends so at least you have a partner in crime! Don't worry too much about it either. If you feel a bit faint, you just need to sit down for a few minutes and then you'll be fine (I speak about this bit too also from experience!). Just tell the security guy nearby that you're pregnant rather than "tired and emotional" ;-)

Thanks OllKk & congrats yourself!

So there are a few seats for the "needy" then? That's good to know. Thanks for the advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 OllKk

eek - I don't know if there are seats for the needy but worst worst worst case the floor won't be too manky is my guess! The gig isn't going to be full of 16 year old boys proving their (lack of) capacity for downing gallons of scrumpy jack (am showing my age now with that reference...)

LOL at the scrumpy jack. I hear you sista' - I'm no spring chicken myself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

Can't wait for this concert I have standing tickets for the Sunday :D

Went to see her last time she was here, managed to get right up the front of the stage :) Have to say it was the best and most memorable concert I ever attending, she puts on an unreal show.

With regards to sitting if needed when having a standing ticket, I don't think there is any seats, would kind of defeat the purpose of having a standing ticket. I'd avoid trying to get up near the front as you do get pushed and shoved a lot.
    i'd stay well at the back, you will still have good view and plenty of space.

Thanks SunnyDub. Really looking forward to it too. I saw her at Oxygen a few years ago and she was great!
    I hear you on staying down the back.
    At Madonna last year, one of my friends had a foot injury and she was able to sit down on a plastic chair for a few mins at a time, that the security guys had along the side. We were in the standing area but not the crazy bit right at the front. Was wondering if there wa something similar in the O2. Not expecting rows of seats but maybe a handful scattered around kind of thing. I think I might give them a ring and just ask.

Thanks all so much for your help & enjoy the concert!

I don't know if anybody posted this email but if people can't go to the concert and they want to sell them or give them to friends TurnUp group said the person who purchased the tickets has to send an email to this address:tixsupport@turnupgroup.com I noticed it on their facebook page. Just in case people are confused over what will happen if tickets don't arrive by post :)

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Star10

I just got another email from them...same rubbish about how they are trying to rectify the situation....basically they know the tickets won't arrive, but they won't come out and say that because they would be be hounded to reprint them which would cost too much....oh well, see everyone in the queue on the night then.....:(

Hopefully it all works out! they are refunding shipping costs at least :/

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

There never put in the second stage in those - they are only general guides. It's never the actual lay-out.

SPOILER :
    She flies over the crowd to get to the second stage, so she'll def have it at the O2 :D

The 2nd stage is much bigger this time, i can't see it fitting at the O2

• Advertisement

The 2nd stage is much bigger this time, i can't see it fitting at the O2

We'll find out in a week :D

I'm just looking forward to getting my groove on :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 Forest Red

I'll be working in the Pit for this one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 lil_miss_skitt

Hi all,
    7th May and still no sign of my tickets! :mad: Just wanted to post the emails I have recieved thus far from turnup group for info in case others have not received them...

Apr 23rd:
    All International tickets have been shipped and are on the way to you, but seem to be getting delayed. Tickets are being delivered to the fans every day. If you have not received your tickets by the week before your show, please contact us. We are waiting on tracking files from our UK shipper, but should have them by then. If for some reason your tickets do not arrive safely to you or get returned to us, the tickets will be changed to “will call” and held for you at the venue the day of the show. We have every faith that your tickets will arrive in time, but want you to know that we will get the tickets to you either way. Thank you,
    Betsy

May 2nd:
    We apologize for the delay in ticket delivery for Beyoncé’s show at the The O2- Dublin on 5/11/2013 and we recognize and share in your concern. Please know that our first priority is to make sure you receive the 4 ticket(s) you ordered for the Mrs. Carter Show World Tour.
    We are working diligently on a solution in the event that tickets must be picked up at the venue. We are in contact with both the The O2- Dublin as well Tour Management about the current shipping situation.
    If you already contacted us in regards to your order, we have your information and you need only contact us again if you receive your tickets via post.
    The purpose of this message is to assure Beyoncé’s fans that we are creating a plan of action. We are fully aware of your concerns, and will be integrating your concerns into our final resolution. We also shall refund the shipping fee you paid on your order should tickets not arrive by post before the show. Please allow two weeks after your show for refunds to be processed.
    Once we have a confirmed solution to the distribution of tickets, we will email you with updates on the process of collecting your tickets.
    We are truly sorry for the delay and the inconvenience this has caused. Nothing is more important to the TurnUp Group than to make sure you receive your tickets and that you enjoy a wonderful concert experience. We greatly appreciate your patience as we work towards a solution.
    This is reference to order number ______. If you receive your tickets within 48 hours of your show, need to change the name on your order to allow someone else to collect tickets for you, or have any questions, please contact us at tixsupport@turnupgroup.com.

Sincerely,
    The TurnUp Group

May 6th:
    We have been working with the The O2- Dublin in regards to picking up tickets that do not arrive by post for the Beyoncé show on 5/11/2013 and would like to update you on the progress.
    We have put together a TurnUp Group team that will be in Dublin to facilitate with the collection of tickets before the show on 5/11/2013. At this time we will be arranging for the Box Office of the The O2- Dublin to be open on May 10th for the express purpose of helping customers acquire their tickets. If you pick up your tickets on May 10th and have orders for both Dublin shows, you will be able to pick up both orders at the same time.
    We will also be opening the Box Office early on May 11th and 12th for the purposes of ticket collection. We are still waiting on confirmation of Box Office times and will update you with that information by end of the day May 9th. Please note that if you contact us, we will not have information concerning Box Office times until end of day May 9th when we update you again.
    We will only be cancelling and reprinting tickets that have not arrived by post. Please let us know if you have not received your tickets no later than May 8th so that we may add you to the reprint list.
    If you need to arrange for someone else to collect your tickets, please respond by 6:00 pm (local venue time) May 8th so that we may confirm the name change. All tickets will need to be claimed by showing a photo ID.
    If you have already contacted us regarding your tickets being reprinted, we still have your information and you will not need to contact us again unless you receive your tickets by 6:00 pm (local venue time) May 8th.
    We are sorry for the inconvenience, however, we continue to work towards a solution and thank you for your patience as we do so. If you have any questions, or need to let us know you have not received your tickets, please respond to this email and include your order number in the subject line.
    Thank you
    The TurnUp Group

May 6th:
    I have put you on the will call list. Your shipped tickets will be cancelled and new ones reprinted and held at the box office for you at the venue the day of the show. Please bring your photo ID and a copy of your order. We are working on a will call on the 10th of May. There will also be will call on the 11th. We just sent you another email, but are still confirming the times for the will call. Thank you,

Betsy

Think most people got more or less the same emails...tickets were never going to arrive...I figure they knew that....

I find it so silly the way they did not void the tickets they sent out and just issue people with e-mail tickets - sure there was a way of clarifying who bought these pre-sale tickets!! Don't you always get e-mail confirmation now? There's the e-mail you send it too??

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bubbub

Anyone else get an email from Turnup Group tonight confirming it IS venue pick up for the shows at the weekend??

I'm sure everyone got this as well...but can someone clarify for me pls...does it mean you can go on Friday and collect tickets for Sat or only if you are collecting for the two days???

Final arrangements have been made with the The O2- Dublin concerning ticket collection and Box Office availability.

There will be a TurnUp Group crew operating the Box Office at the The O2- Dublin on Friday, May 10th from 12:00 PM – 8:00 PM. If you have tickets for both May 11th and May 12th you will be able to collect both on Friday.

The Box Office will be open on Saturday, May 11th from 11:00 AM until the show starts. You will only be able to pick up tickets on May 11th for the concert on May 11th.

The Box Office will be open on Sunday, May 12th from 3:00 PM until the show starts. You will only be able to pick up tickets on May 12th for the concert on May 12th.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mollyp

Hi All,

I got those emails and have responded to them asking that they re-print the tickets so that I can collect them on Saturday. However, I haven't received an email back saying I'm on the list. I'm worried sick now, did everyone get an email back confirming your tickets will be reprinted?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

ANyone know who is supporting her? Thanks

• Advertisement

Bit annoyed to be honest. I'm going to Beyonce on the Sunday and I don't have time to collects tickets on Friday or hang around all afternoon at the O2 on Sunday to get tickets. I asked TurnUp Group yesterday if people could collect tickets the day before the concert they plan on going to and they said yes. Now I can't do that! Would have been a lot easier if they emailed e tickets weeks ago!!

Advertisement