Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beyonce - Dublin - O2 - May 11/12th *Discussion ONLY - NO ticket Sales / Swaps*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Star10

I emailed them as well mollyp and just got this reply a little while ago-you will probably hear from them soon, if not email them again...make sure to put your reference number in the subject..

'I have put you on the will call list. Your shipped tickets will be cancelled and new ones reprinted and held at the box office for you at the venue. Please bring your photo ID and a copy of your order. Thank you'

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bubbub

My tickets did not arrive today so I emailed to be put on the will call list... They have since emailed me back to say my tickets will be reprinted & I can collect them on Sunday. They also said 3 was the earliest the box office could open on Sunday as its usually 6.30pm.

I will DEFINITELY NOT be buying tickets from Turnup Group again, I have been to a lot of concerts & have never experienced this amount of hassle... Ticketmaster in future for me!!!

Me too bubbub...really rubbish service...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Tickets available on ticket master in the last hour. 90 euro standing. Might be all gone but could be worth checking over the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

Niamh_101 wrote: »
    Bit annoyed to be honest. I'm going to Beyonce on the Sunday and I don't have time to collects tickets on Friday or hang around all afternoon at the O2 on Sunday to get tickets. I asked TurnUp Group yesterday if people could collect tickets the day before the concert they plan on going to and they said yes. Now I can't do that! Would have been a lot easier if they emailed e tickets weeks ago!!

Why can't you just collect them on Sunday when you go to the show? Sorry I'm not being rude just curious if maybe you didn't realise that it will be open from 3-start of the show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Niamh_101

augusta24 wrote: »
    Why can't you just collect them on Sunday when you go to the show? Sorry I'm not being rude just curious if maybe you didn't realise that it will be open from 3-start of the show

I don't really have the time to go to in the afternoon on the Sunday. If it was Sunday morning, that would have been perfect but not the afternoon. I just don't want to hang around there all afternoon to queue for tickets and then rushing to get things done. I also have a feeling that the queue will be so long later on in the evening before doors open. I'm just annoyed. I'll get over it :)

The amount of people who probably have to change their travel arrangements, who are coming from all over Ireland must be a bit annoyed. I know you weren't being rude. I just don't understand why they basically left this last minute. They knew weeks ago that we wouldn't get the tickets but didn't want to admit that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 lols7

Hi guys- have tickets to sat night! Just a bit worried I'm very far back ( block k, row 42) does anyone know what kind of view I'll have? I've only ever had block d tickets before.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 lols7

andreac wrote: »
    ANyone know who is supporting her? Thanks

I believe Luke James is supporting her at least in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

Mr.S wrote: »
    IMPORTANT CUSTOMER NOTICE FOR PEOPLE ATTENDING Beyoncé AT THE O2 THIS WEEKEND...

* No bottles, cans or containers will be permitted into the venue
    * No cameras allowed THIS INCULDES 35mm, digital, video or audio recording devices, i-pads, and tablets. Any recorded material will be removed and the patron may be excluded from the event.
    * The show features a significant use of strobe lighting.

Her camp aren't allowing any press take photos at any of the gigs either. Seems like she doesn't want a repeat of this :pac:

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1088536/thumbs/o-BEYONCE-CONCERT-570.jpg?6

(judging by the amount of recorded stuff from the last few shows, I highly doubt they are going to stop people with phones or (compact) digital cameras)

Hopefully they aren't too strict with this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭ciaramc

:( Gutted, I always bring a digital camera with me. I hope they wont be too strict. Ipod touch and my 5pixels mobile camera arent that great at getting photos.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

Anyone got info on when she is actually going to be on stage?!

shalalala wrote: »
    Anyone got info on when she is actually going to be on stage?!

O2 says 8 30

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

ciaramc wrote: »
    :( Gutted, I always bring a digital camera with me. I hope they wont be too strict. Ipod touch and my 5pixels mobile camera arent that great at getting photos.

They always say no professional cameras but never seen no "digital cameras" but they are not going to take them off everyone and there are plenty clips up online with people holding digital cameras. You'll regret not bringing it if that is what you want to do (just don't let me be the one you're standing in front of if you insist on filming the whole thing :rolleyes: ) they'll not take it off you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭ciaramc

Maire2009 wrote: »
    They always say no professional cameras but never seen no "digital cameras" but they are not going to take them off everyone and there are plenty clips up online with people holding digital cameras. You'll regret not bringing it if that is what you want to do (just don't let me be the one you're standing in front of if you insist on filming the whole thing :rolleyes: ) they'll not take it off you :)

No only want to take a few pics. I dont bother with filming.
    Enjoy the gig! :D

ciaramc wrote: »
    No only want to take a few pics. I dont bother with filming.
    Enjoy the gig! :D

Likewise :)

Yeah I bring mine along and for maybe 1 min every half hour I might take a few photos but sheesh, some people ... wonder why they don't just watch it on Youtube, although saying that I later appreciate being able to relive it on Youtube :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

any one know what are the chances are of getting pit bands? (right up the front of stage) if we arrive there early?

I have cousins coming down from cork tonight and want to start queuing from 2pm tomorrow:eek: to get right up close to the stage.

I'm a big fan and don't mind queuing as long as it's guaranteed we'll be up close and get bands to the pit, don't want to Que if we have little chance from getting up close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

Mr.S wrote: »
    Has it been confirmed that there will be a pit? as in, is she doing them at her other gigs?

o2 usually don't do pits anymore, unless the artist specifies it, usually its just a free for all in the standing section now!

Not a "pit" as such, usually when you arrive early and are at the front of Que a member of o2 staff gives you a wrist band which gives access right to the front of stage.

haven't been to a standing concert in the o2 in a while, but anytime I've a standing ticket and if I'm a big fan of the artist I'll get there early to Que and have always gotten a wrist band.

Hopefully it will be the same tomorrow, Think it's only fair for those who spend their day queuing to get right up the front.:p

SunnyDub1 wrote: »
    Not a "pit" as such, usually when you arrive early and are at the front of Que a member of o2 staff gives you a wrist band which gives access right to the front of stage.

haven't been to a standing concert in the o2 in a while, but anytime I've a standing ticket and if I'm a big fan of the artist I'll get there early to Que and have always gotten a wrist band.

Hopefully it will be the same tomorrow, Think it's only fair for those who spend their day queuing to get right up the front.:p

You mean gold circle, i don't think the O2 does that. They used to with the Point. A lot of people who don't queue will be let in before those who do, they will have early entry.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

Anyone think the priority entry line will be long? I can't get there til about 5 or half 5 but I'm with o2 so I'll have the priority entry available to me hopefully.

I didn't see any mention of Beyonce having a pit and there doesn't seem to be one looking at the videos on youtube.

They seem to be making a lot about this camera deal - Ray D'Arcy read out a statement today from promoters telling people not to bring cameras. Anyone going tomorrow night could ye post here afterwards whether ye got in okay with cameras? Presume its okay but they seem to be making a bigger deal than usual about it - all down to those Superbowl pics apparently!

• Advertisement

Maire2009 wrote: »
    I didn't see any mention of Beyonce having a pit and there doesn't seem to be one looking at the videos on youtube.

They seem to be making a lot about this camera deal - Ray D'Arcy read out a statement today from promoters telling people not to bring cameras. Anyone going tomorrow night could ye post here afterwards whether ye got in okay with cameras? Presume its okay but they seem to be making a bigger deal than usual about it - all down to those Superbowl pics apparently!

Think it's ridiculous considering the price we paid for tickets. Cheeky! Really hope they aren't strict about it.

Niamh_101 wrote: »
    Think it's ridiculous considering the price we paid for tickets. Cheeky! Really hope they aren't strict about it.

There has been a lot of videos up on youtube and people sticking cameras in her face so I doubt it, but they just seem on about it more than usual - either that, or because it's Beyonce the media are making a deal about it. It can never happen they take everyone's camera away.

I'mma pull this face if they try and take mine :D

2013BeyonceLandscapePA-15702902060213.jpg

Went down to the box office and got my tickets yesterday evening...thought there would be a few people there, but there was only me and one other person...strange....maybe people waiting until today

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I'd say they'd be fine about the cameras even so most tickets for most concerts always say the thing about not recording and that. It'd be impossible to stop people taking pictures anyway. I wonder if they'll play an announcement to say it if they are going to be strict.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭heliocentrist

What time is reasonable to start queuing for the gig? Would like to be reasonably close to the front. (going tomorrow with the girlfriend...excuses, excuses...)

What time is reasonable to start queuing for the gig? Would like to be reasonably close to the front. (going tomorrow with the girlfriend...excuses, excuses...)

As far as I know, you need an Early entry ticket to guarantee a spot up the front.

I know some people going to queue from about 4pm. Probably about that time if you want first 5 rows somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

I went tonight... There's no pit and there were definitely people with digital cameras!

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭purplestar1986

I was there last night, everyone had cameras so don't be worrying about that. Bags did get checked on the way in but not for cameras. Don't know about anyone else but the sound was awful, couldn't hear her sing most of the time

• Advertisement

I was there last night, everyone had cameras so don't be worrying about that. Bags did get checked on the way in but not for cameras. Don't know about anyone else but the sound was awful, couldn't hear her sing most of the time

Where were you? Sitting/standing?

Hopefully it'll be all ironed out for tonight.

Advertisement