Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beyonce - Dublin - O2 - May 11/12th *Discussion ONLY - NO ticket Sales / Swaps*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

I was there last night, everyone had cameras so don't be worrying about that. Bags did get checked on the way in but not for cameras. Don't know about anyone else but the sound was awful, couldn't hear her sing most of the time

I was standing absolutely no problem with the sound

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Star10

Went to see her last night...we were sitting...no probs at all with the sound...thought she was absolutely fab...it was more like a show than a concert. Luke James the support act was good too..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭jpjc05

Going tonight with the OH. Can anyone tell me what time she was on stage at last night? thanks

She came on at 9.25pm and played for two hours

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭purplestar1986

Maire2009 wrote: »
    Where were you? Sitting/standing?

Hopefully it'll be all ironed out for tonight.

I was sitting, block m, it sounded like the music was too loud and just vibrated in my ears, couldn't hear most of what she said either. Could have been the young ones behind us screaming for ages before hand though cuz our ears we're pretty sore after

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭kwat

was standing just in front of the sound desk (Jay Z was in there for most of the show!). Excellent concert, especially the second half. Bass was pretty heavy alright but no sound issues. Why do some people need to spend the whole concert recording or taking pictures on their phones though? Very annoying.

jpjc05 wrote: »
    Going tonight with the OH. Can anyone tell me what time she was on stage at last night? thanks

somewhere between 9-9.30

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

I was in the stage pit, it was amazing. Could hear everything she said/sang, so no sound problems for me. I hope she comes on earlier tonight, it was near 9 30 last night and didn't finish until 11 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭B Rabbit

She put on quite a show last night

• Registered Users Posts: 2 britneyfan250

Was there the bey stage or any little stage?

• Advertisement

Was there the bey stage or any little stage?

Yes. It was very small. She went there for Irreplaceable and Love On Top.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bubbub

Can someone tell me where the box office is please???!!

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭ger34

My wife and i are going tonight.
    Just wondering what time the last luas leaves the o2 on Sunday nights when there is a gig on?

ger34 wrote: »
    My wife and i are going tonight.
    Just wondering what time the last luas leaves the o2 on Sunday nights when there is a gig on?

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I was in block L thought she was really good apart from these few girls that were standing like right in front and everyone else would be sitting at this time and then you can't see over them.

Mr.S wrote: »
    Last luas from the o2 is 11:30pm to Tallaght, or 11pm if you have to go to Saggart.

They put on extra luas's to cope with the extra people, but theres no ~set time~ they'll probably wait till the show is over so you won't miss it!

Thanks,would be a long walk to red cow if she was late on stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

I've been to a couple of gigs and I've never heard such a reception for anyone - looked like Beyonce was going to cry from all the emotion after 2 songs!

Some singer and dancer - I'd not try and compare her to any of the other pop acts I've been to, her style and music is different. Loved it though, her live version of If I were a Boy is epic...

Agree with whoever said above about the cameras - I took one or two "yeah, look I was at it" photos but christ some people watch it through the cameras and don't enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Anniebell

I was there last night too. I'm a massive beyonce fan, right from when Destinys Child first toured etc & I was kinda disappointed with a few of her song choices last night. I hate Diva & Video Phone so for me the first part of the show wasn't as enjoyable as it could have been.

There's absolutely no disputing she is in a league of her own in terms of her talent and I loved the rest of the show.

Anyone else find the show very stoppy starty with all the costume changes and video messages etc?

Now that she's got an extensive catalogue to choose from I suppose it's inevitable there were going to be a few songs missed out but here's to the next one!!

Anniebell wrote: »
    I was there last night too. I'm a massive beyonce fan, right from when Destinys Child first toured etc & I was kinda disappointed with a few of her song choices last night. I hate Diva & Video Phone so for me the first part of the show wasn't as enjoyable as it could have been.

There's absolutely no disputing she is in a league of her own in terms of her talent and I loved the rest of the show.

Anyone else find the show very stoppy starty with all the costume changes and video messages etc?

Now that she's got an extensive catalogue to choose from I suppose it's inevitable there were going to be a few songs missed out but here's to the next one!!

On to the next one?? (waaayhey with the Jay-Z reference :o )

I agree with the costume changes, seemed to take a long time more than anything. Gaga has quite a few changes as well and she changes from one mad contraption to another but does it quicker than Beyonce. It was my first Beyonce gig though and I'll be back. I know all the men out there love her and I'm a tad jealous ( :o ) but she's the cutest smile I've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I went the first night. I really liked near the end I think after Halo or I will always love you she just stood back watching the crowd smiling taking it all in. It was so nice to see how happy she was and that she really enjoys performing. I haven't been to any of her other tours a few people have said her last tour was better heard it a few times. Thought she was amazing though. I usually do take pictures but only a few when she changes outfits maybe 1/2 for each or when you get a few good shots.

• Advertisement

Wow, just read this.....so the rumours she is pregnant looking more likely now....feel sorry for people who got tickets..

Beyoncé has been advised by her doctors to rest as a result of dehydration and exhaustion and will not be able to perform in Antwerp, Belgium tonight. She is awaiting word from her doctors before making a decision on the second Belgium date scheduled for May 15.
    Tonight's show will be re-scheduled as soon as possible.

For TurnUp Group purchasers, we will be emailing every customer as soon as we have updated information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

I don't see why she would do a world tour is she is pregnant or planning on having a baby any time soon?:confused:

She wasn't "stick" tin when I seen her sat night but she never was anyways, always kind of curvy.
    Maybe she's just after putting on a little weight.

So glad the Dublin shows went ahead. Had a great time. I still have doubts she is pregnant, the tour runs up until Sept, so she will be pretty big by then if she is pregnant.

SunnyDub1 wrote: »
    I don't see why she would do a world tour is she is pregnant or planning on having a baby any time soon?:confused:

She wasn't "stick" tin when I seen her sat night but she never was anyways, always kind of curvy.
    Maybe she's just after putting on a little weight.

Might be a woopsy?? i.e. unplanned pregnancy. People guessed right last time. She also didn't fly over the crowd in the O2 - which can be done there, been done a few times before - so, maybe?!

The tour is only starting so for her to be tired already is going to set alarm bells ringing.

Might be a woopsy?? i.e. unplanned pregnancy. People guessed right last time. She also didn't fly over the crowd in the O2 - which can be done there, been done a few times before - so, maybe?!

The tour is only starting so for her to be tired already is going to set alarm bells ringing.

Pretty sure that's because she didn't have the proper B stage and wasn't a big distance to fly to.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Niamh_101

I admit I did take pictures, but I love taking pictures, and loads of people were using their phones. Wouldn't record the whole concert though. The thing that annoyed me was that loads of people kept leaving the middle of the arena 10 minutes after Beyonce performed on stage and it kinda annoyed me and my friend as some of the people were really rude and pushing people, spilling drinks and falling over each other, so took us a while to enjoy it but I thought she was amazing, I loved the crowd cheering, there was a great atmosphere. That was the third time I saw her live, didn't go to her last tour so was really happy I went to this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭ciaramc

I was seated on Saturday night at the gig. I wished the O2 would close the bars once the main artist goes on stage. I must of had to move out of the way at least 15-20 times to let people get in and out of their seats. The same people all the time kept going out of their seats. It was so annoying. The row in front of us, seem to be worse than ours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

Highly doubtful. Someone with a job like hers can't afford to have a "woopsy" so I'd say she's under every caution at the moment to avoid being pregnant.

the stage lay out was different from her previous concert, and maybe she just didn't want to fly over the crowd.

Tour started a month ago and considering the performance she gives - 1hr 30mins straight of dancing and singing, think it's only normal for her to feel drained. Bare in mind also that she is in different time zones and also has blue ivy with her. So while performing & traveling, she also has mother duties. Think it's fair to say anyone doing that would feel drained.

Highly doubtful. Someone with a job like hers can't afford to have a "woopsy" so I'd say she's under every caution at the moment to avoid being pregnant.

the stage lay out was different from her previous concert, and maybe she just didn't want to fly over the crowd.

Tour started a month ago and considering the performance she gives - 1hr 30mins straight of dancing and singing, think it's only normal for her to feel drained. Bare in mind also that she is in different time zones and also has blue ivy with her. So while performing & traveling, she also has mother duties. Think it's fair to say anyone doing that would feel drained.

I am just so glad it didn't happen at the weekend for Dublin!!

• Advertisement

Ah yeah they are all fair points. She's some woman for one woman.

Advertisement