Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When do exams start??

Options
  • 04-02-2013 9:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭

Can someone clarify for me the first date of the exam period in spring?? I feel so stupid but I can't work out this link at all!! http://www2.ul.ie/web/WWW/Services/Academic_Calendar

I think it's likely to be the Monday 13th may.... But I thought one year that exams started on a Saturday so I just need to clarify this please!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

augusta24 wrote: »
    Can someone clarify for me the first date of the exam period in spring?? I feel so stupid but I can't work out this link at all!! http://www2.ul.ie/web/WWW/Services/Academic_Calendar

I think it's likely to be the Monday 13th may.... But I thought one year that exams started on a Saturday so I just need to clarify this please!
    They started on Sat as the exams were close to Christmas so student wouldn't have exams on the 22nd. They normal start on a Monday.
    Relax you have 12 weeks until they start.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭sigmund.jung

relax? you'd want to start drawing up study plans now, if you haven't already started. Cyclically reviewing all previous material and putting some notes aside on key topics you will commit to short term memory closer to the exam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

Christ, if you haven't started stressing out now you are gonna have a tough semester

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

Eh thanks? .... But relax?! .... Hmm I was asking so I can make social plans not start studying?!... Not that that's actually any of your business though?!!

what exactly does a question mark followed by an exclamation point mean? Are you simultaneously shocked and appalled? Making social plans? No doubt you've got a high GPA ?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

woooo relax there. No need to be getting antsy. I think you need some fresh air, you have been studying too much I think.

TBH I don't mind, I prefer it when the library is fairly empty like now. Two weeks around exams you'll have the fair weather visitors coming in making noise, making a mess, generally being a pest.

Like the UL gym has a special high performance area, there should be a separate library for the high performance intellectual athletes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

augusta24 wrote: »
    Eh thanks? .... But relax?! .... Hmm I was asking so I can make social plans not start studying?!... Not that that's actually any of your business though?!!

Sorry for helping I guess? Just a pro tip don't go out the weekend before your exams

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

It says it on the academic calendar you linked to, in bold font.
    Examinations Spring, 2.2 wks, Starting Tuesday 7 May 2013

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

Like the UL gym has a special high performance area, there should be a separate library for the high performance intellectual athletes.

Such as yourself, I gather? :pac:

Just joking, I agree with you actually. It's too much of a nuisance come exam time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Polar Ice wrote: »
    It says it on the academic calendar you linked to, in bold font.
    Examinations Spring, 2.2 wks, Starting Tuesday 7 May 2013

Ouch, right after the May Bank Holiday weekend too, nasty! :eek:

Advertisement