Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I purchase Jalapenos?

Options
  • 04-02-2013 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of any supermarkets that stock jalapenos? I normally shop in Lidl but they dont stock them afaik.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Do you mean sliced in a jar? Tesco have them, both Old El Paso and their own brand. Own brand are better IMO. Had a few on my burritos last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭clearodara

Hoop66 wrote: »
    Do you mean sliced in a jar? Tesco have them, both Old El Paso and their own brand. Own brand are better IMO. Had a few on my burritos last night.

Either sliced or loose. Thanks for the info. Do you know what aisle they are in ? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

most big supermarkets will have them in the same area they have the wraps, salsas and fajita dinner kits etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I'd love to find fresh ones. I've such a craving for jalapeno poppers lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭squonk

Lidl were doing a mixed chili pepper pack a few weeks back that had scotch bonnet, Thail Chilli and 2 jalapenos in it, amongst others. Maybe they'll come back but they weren't there last time I was in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,097 ✭✭✭Guffy

Dunnes, Tesco, any supermarket really Aldi have a mixed chillie pack for like 70 or so. Just make sure there's one or two in the pack as contents vary.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Mr. Muddle

Aldi do fresh mixed peppers too, in with fruit and veg usually near the garlic and ginger

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

squonk wrote: »
    Lidl were doing a mixed chili pepper pack a few weeks back that had scotch bonnet, Thail Chilli and 2 jalapenos in it, amongst others. Maybe they'll come back but they weren't there last time I was in.

I think this is on permanent rotation. I get 1/2 packs a week, for as long as I can remember. only been sold out 2/3 times in my memory.

Pack is random contents, but usually its a mixture of these chillis:
    Scotch Bonnet, Habanero, Rawit, Jalapeno, Santa Fe, Thai Chilli and a Dutch Chilli.
    So its pot luck if you will get 2/3 jalapenos. I usually go for the pack with the least jalapenos and most scotch bonnets ;-)

aldis pack is pretty much the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Hoop66

I think this is on permanent rotation. I get 1/2 packs a week, for as long as I can remember. only been sold out 2/3 times in my memory.

Pack is random contents, but usually its a mixture of these chillis:
    Scotch Bonnet, Habanero, Rawit, Jalapeno, Santa Fe, Thai Chilli and a Dutch Chilli.
    So its pot luck if you will get 2/3 jalapenos. I usually go for the pack with the least jalapenos and most scotch bonnets ;-)

aldis pack is pretty much the same.

I'm not saying anything, but...:D

http://www.smh.com.au/national/spicelovers-more-likely-to-have-alcohol-problems-20130205-2dvz2.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

Hoop66 wrote: »

lol, the only problem I have with alcohol is when they try to take it off me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Most of the bigger supermarkets stock sliced Jalapenos, in the Mexican food section. LIDL has jalapeno poppers in the frozen section.

Advertisement