Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster bank combination bond - help!

Options
  • 04-02-2013 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi there, hoping someone has some advice. A year ago my partner invested 30k in a 6 year bond with ulster bank, with withdrawals not allowed until maturity. We were told when we invested that the money couldn't be accessed unless something dramatically life changing happened (banker thought this was funny for some reason). A month ago my partner was made redundant from a job he was told was fully secure and now we are concerned.. He has another job lined up but it doesn't start until April. Is there any way at all it is possible to withdraw an amount from this bond to cover us in the meantime? I would consider redundancy life changing! Just finding little info about this online.. Help please!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

You can not take some of this money, It's all or nothing.

You will loose money taken the entire funds out early. Contact the FPM/CA that sold your the bond and they can get you the answer and if need be then figure you would receive if you closed the deal.

Advertisement