Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visiting UCD - parking ?

Options
  • 04-02-2013 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hi all
    I will be visiting UCD (Ag. building) Tuesday week for a meeting around 11am for a few hours. What are my chances of getting parking anywhere on campus around that time ?. Any advice which car park would be my best option ? .... I don't mind having to pay.
    Thanks in advice for all replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭lorcan122

Most car parks will be full, your best bet is to be really early for your meeting, and just drive around the car parks looking for someone who is leaving it could take 5 minutes or take 45, just depends how lucky you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭GeneralSherman

Thanks Lorcan122. I can't DO early as I have to drop the kids to school and then head the hour and a half to UCD. Can anyone suggest a place I could park along a direct bus route to UCD say a shopping centre ?. I will be coming in from the M50 via Dundrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

At the time you mentioned you will always get some space in, at least, the premium car park spaces on campus (I think they are 5 Euro per hour). They look like the other pay and display spaces as far as I know but the machines will give an indication of the hourly rate.

One of these that usually has spaces at that time is close to the Health Sciences Centre, just outside the Sports Members Car Park (don't go in there, even with a ticket as it is controlled by an automated number plate recoginition system and they will clamp you if you're not a sports club member). This is easy enough to reach when you come in from the Goatstown/Clonskeagh entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭GeneralSherman

Right. I will just have to take my chances then. Thanks for the useful advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bennyineire

If you enter from the stillorgan road take a left as soon as you enter ucd, drive up the road for a couple of hundred metres, there will be a small carpark to your left ( that will be full), drive for another 100 metres or so and there will be another car park to your left, this is a pay car park (50 cent and hour). If you can get there for before 10 you should get a spot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Dores

For those driving from the South there is a free all day car park in Lidl on Kill Ave. just beside 46a bus stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭griffin100

Come in the Fosters Avenue gate, turn left immediately and follow the road around to the pay and display car park beside the Roebuck residences - this one rarely fills up completely and may have spaces at that time. it's a 50c / hr one.

Advertisement