Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sandblast a Cast Iron fireplace

• 04-02-2013 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I bought a cast iron fireplace at the weekend. It's painted in gloss white paint. I was going to try strip it myself but now realise that will be very time consuming. I want to get it sandblasted - can anyone recommend a company who could do this? It doesn't have any tiles or intricate details so sandblasting should be easy to do.

Maybe recommendations are not allowed on this site (I'm a new user) if not, please PM me with any details.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭1865

I got a local stonemasons to do something similar for me a while ago. It might be worth asking around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Well set up panel beaters would have sandblasting equipment if you know any, get them to prime it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭650gs

If your based around Dublin go out to Howth peir as you drive down the boat yard is on your left if you drive in there is a guy there sand blasts anything he charges about 60 euro for a fire place and will do it wile you wait 15 min or so and its like new

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

650gs wrote: »
    If your based around Dublin go out to Howth peir as you drive down the boat yard is on your left if you drive in there is a guy there sand blasts anything he charges about 60 euro for a fire place and will do it wile you wait 15 min or so and its like new

Ive used him before for an old set of gates (shot blasted them and primered them) and also used Tallaght Powder Coaters for sandblasing a race car roll cage and 8 race car wheels back to bare metal and then powdercoating them.

Both do a fantastic job and at a very good price and fast turnaround times too.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Macstuff

Thanks alot for the replies guys - much appreciated!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

Macstuff wrote: »
    Thanks alot for the replies guys - much appreciated!
    What part of the country u in?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Macstuff

I am in Dublin - north County Dublin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Macstuff wrote: »
    I am in Dublin - north County Dublin

Howth it is so.:)

Little tip here...bring the kids with you too,so that they can see all the seals in the Harbour.

That will take up the time while you are waiting for the fireplace to be shot/sand blasted.:)

Advertisement