Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Robin Van Persie - Is it time to sell?

• 04-02-2013 12:37pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm currently finishing a blog post on this subject and would love to debate this point here.

He's currently in about -15000 transfers out, and I doubt many of these are due to people being annoyed that he didn't score in his last two game (that would be incredibly shortsighted imho).

So, to all the boardsies. If you have RVP, are you planning on selling him. If so, why? Fixtures? Rotation concerns because of Euro/FA CUP matches? Finances?

I think alot of managers are thinking about this to a varying degree. We have a great community here so am wondering how people here are approaching this issue.

RVP - Time to sell 268 votes

HAVE RVP - Not selling
    0% 0 votes
    HAVE RVP - Am thinking of selling
    68% 183 votes
    HAD RVP, but just sold him this/last gameweek
    24% 66 votes
    NEVER HAD RVP
    7% 19 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭orkkukunkku

I'm going to sell him after gw 37.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I gave my reasons in the general fant foot thread. Im selling him for the next 3 or 4 gws anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

Most are probably selling him due to Suarez having a DGW and they cant afford him so they have to sell RVP this gameweek, Suarez has to be everyones captain.

No other reason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I'm holding on to him. More likely downgrading Suarez to Sturridge and using the cash to upgrade Michu to Gerrard and Demel to Samba.

Steven81 wrote: »
    Most are probably selling him due to Suarez having a DGW and they cant afford him so they have to sell RVP this gameweek, Suarez has to be everyones captain.

No other reason
    Huge rotation risk the next 3 games and I wouldnt capt him for any of those weeks thats why I got rid. Agree the reason for a lot of people is the suarez issue. Although its the people that got on rvp late that are more likely to be ditching him. Im sure theres loads of people got him in in the wildcard after months of watching him score goal after goal only for him to have 2 consecutive blanks more than likely when they had captained him. They must hate this game:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Internationals, Europe, domestic cups, the league. There's a lot of games ahead for RVP. He'll either get injured or be rested. I think his minutes over the next few weeks won't reflect his minutes up till now. Especially with United 9 points clear at the top. They have a bit of breathing room. With Rooney's 3 goals in 2 games some seem to be ditching RVP for Rooney as he will rise tonight. I have no problem taking the risk with getting him out for an alternative. It's trying to get him back in if needed be. I have him since game week 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

i don't agree that he's a rotation risk, he'll be rested for the fa cup games, left on the bench and only called upon if needed.

There's no way United will risk letting the premier league slip like last season, he'll start v everton, if they happened to be 2 or 3 up he might come off (although a 2 goal lead in that fixture doesn't guarantee a win) but other than that i think he'll start.

He might be a rsik for the norwich game on 2nd of march alright with united playing madrid the following tuesday, again i'd expect he might be on the bench and called upon if needed. but what player isn't likely to be rested here and there? aguero will, tevez will, suarez might miss one game especially now with sturridge, rooney is the same.

i think he was unlucky not to get at least 1 v southampton.

having said that, i hope people do start to sell him, gives more of a boost then when he does get another big points haul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,434 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

The poll tells the whole story pretty much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I bought him @ £13.9m, so i dont face the same dilemma as those who have him @ £13m. I'm happy to stay in the same boat as 44.1% of the other FPL players. Plus, I've committed to my current team until GW26 starts and I'll be using my 2 FT's to deal with Liverpool & Swansea players (have 2 & 2).

RVP will be rested for cup matches imo, Rooney's current streak is half over imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

if you don't have a big bank balance, it makes sense to get him out maybe IMO, but only if it's for Rooney, so that you can free up cash for a big midfielder or striker. you simply can't miss out on Utd strikers IMO.

i.e. if only 5/6 out of your 8 front players are big players.

but apart from GW 24, i don't remember the last time he did nothing FF-wise.

if Utd weren't walking the League, he'd be an absolute must-have for the rest of the season. no question. especially now as he's on penalty duty.

the only reason i'd sell is because of the risk of rotation, because Fergie wants to give him extra rest/give Welbeck and Hernandez more games in the EPL, because it's so comfortable.

but i honestly don't think that time is coming until at least another 4/5 GWs down the line, even with the CL. but we'll see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I'll be selling him this week or next, there are no guarantees but I'd be too worried about having that kind of money sitting on the bench, the league is well and truly over, not because Utd are so good but what's chasing them is far too inconsistent and will continue to drop points, if they get over Madrid he's likely to be played as little as possible, I could see that being 50% of the time in the league, it's an ideal chance for Hernandez to get some regular game time, he's worth 13.9m to me and I think there will be better value elsewhere in using the change I'll have left over at this stage in the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Hogey007 wrote: »

having said that, i hope people do start to sell him, gives more of a boost then when he does get another big points haul.

Same. I haven't paid attnetion to RVP because almost everyweek the majority have him, and captain him. It's great for the game that players like Lampard, Gerrard and Silva are coming back into the mix as it means teams are becoming more varied. And if the two 'must-haves' of Michu and RVP are on shaky ground it can only solidify even more. I'll probably hold on to both but the second half of the season is shaping up nicely by the looks of it. Sick of seeing a variation of only a couple of points between teams each week, I want to see some people hitting 100+ and others languishing on 40 (once I'm not in the latter group of course).

On that note, in my work league the guy in second has closed the gap from 60 points to 10 over the last 5-6 weeks, but I'm hoping to build on that next week. I have 4 DGW's vs his 1 (possibly 2). If Gerrard and Suarez go nuts we should be looking at a few 100+ scores next week. I'm still not sure who I'm giving the armband too, leaning towards Suarez based on his return thus far, but if he doesn't score/assist then I'm looking at a 4 point return from him. Whereas Gerrard could do the same and get 10+ points without scoring/assisting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Those who sell RVP and use the cash elsewhere will be in a right mess when he gets back on form after the Madrid games plus Rooneys good form will end pretty quickly.

I for one do not fancy scurrying around trying to get RVP back at 14 million in a few weeks......

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I had a wobble last week and would probably continue to wobble if he hadn't got those 3 bonus points, especially when Rooney scored on saturday but the man is a machine and until there's serious signs of malfunction I'll keep him. Plus I've had him since the start so I'd be severing all ties realistically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I'm currently finishing a blog post on this subject and would love to debate this point here.

He's currently in about -15000 transfers out, and I doubt many of these are due to people being annoyed that he didn't score in his last two game (that would be incredibly shortsighted imho).

So, to all the boardsies. If you have RVP, are you planning on selling him. If so, why? Fixtures? Rotation concerns because of Euro/FA CUP matches? Finances?

I think alot of managers are thinking about this to a varying degree. We have a great community here so am wondering how people here are approaching this issue.

Good thread. I am considering it. A few weeks down the line. Getting Rooney instead which will also allow me to get Aguero. I'll play it by ear though. If Rooney's form drops off, then i probably won't. But i'm certainly considering it. Be interesting to see what effect Champs League games have on RvP/Rooney, especially if they make it past Madrid (which i think they have every chance of doing)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Not after two quiet games (one in which he still managed to scoop maximum BPs!) Rooney's form does make him a tempting option to free up some cash, but I don't know how much I trust Rooney to deliver over a sustained period - his season seems to have been all peaks and troughs (though admittedly much of that has been through injury). He also takes more set pieces than Rooney and, if Rooney's recent interview is to be believed, RVP will be back on penalty duty now too.

But most of it comes down to the fact that I wouldn't be able to afford to bring him back in if I sold him if/when (most likely when) he starts accumulating big scores again. I think Suarez -> Sturridge is the more sensible downgrade if you're looking to free up funds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

I think I will sell him,hes alot of money and like ba not worth having for rotation risk.
    RVP to suarez for the DGW thats 4 points min while RVP might score and if he does thats just an extra point.
    Its be nice to try something different,he might cool off this half anyway who knows.

Also after the dgw my front line most likely be Rooney Sturridge and Augero with wallcott mata Bale fellaini and 0.7 in the bank so im pretty safe and with 2 free transfers Im not risking points

Im going to roll the dice,whos with me?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

I think I will sell him,hes alot of money and like ba not worth having for rotation risk.
    RVP to suarez for the DGW thats 4 points min while RVP might score and if he does thats just an extra point.
    Its be nice to try something different,he might cool off this half anyway who knows.

Also after the dgw my front line most likely be Rooney Sturridge and Augero with wallcott mata Bale fellaini and 0.7 in the bank so im pretty safe and with 2 free transfers Im not risking points

*tumbleweed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

*tumbleweed

haha o well . Be a good nickname for my team "the tumbleweeds"

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭jenno99

Bought him at 13.0, no way I'm selling him. In my Jan WC I got Rooney to double up on Man U attack. Has worked out pretty well so far. I'm doing Rooney->Suarez for the double then straight back to Rooney afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

I think him being on pens makes even more valid reason to keep him. Had him since Soton hat trick. Not even considering it unless he's injured/suspended

I did it no guarantees it will work but Im only fearful about the qpr game.
    Everton- rvp mightnt start its a tough game if he does ,but I have suarez with two home games Ive been unlucky if rvp outscores him.
    QPR- could be a problem its not an easy game but they have kept loads of clean sheets and I have my pick of strikers to get in for suarez.
    Norwich RVP will not start unless Madrid beat them by four goals in the first leg or if they drop 4 pts in there previous 2 games in which case chances are RVP has done little or nothing.
    Ill get him back in after that I got him for 13.3 sold him for 13.7 I reckon he will be no higher than 13.9 after the norwich game. I will make a .1 on suarez this week.
    So all in all Im thinking it will cost me .1 to buy him back and in the meantime I have a striker playing 4 games 360 mins barring injury as opposed to RVPs 120 to 200 mins.

Im not selling RVP cos I think hes going to lose form Im doing it as I think I have a far better chance of getting points this way and Im not worried about team value(spent the first half of the season building up a nice pot) its easy this year to have nearly any players you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

I did it no guarantees it will work but Im only fearful about the qpr game.
    Everton- rvp mightnt start its a tough game if he does ,but I have suarez with two home games Ive been unlucky if rvp outscores him.
    QPR- could be a problem its not an easy game but they have kept loads of clean sheets and I have my pick of strikers to get in for suarez.
    Norwich RVP will not start unless Madrid beat them by four goals in the first leg or if they drop 4 pts in there previous 2 games in which case chances are RVP has done little or nothing.
    Ill get him back in after that I got him for 13.3 sold him for 13.7 I reckon he will be no higher than 13.9 after the norwich game. I will make a .1 on suarez this week.
    So all in all Im thinking it will cost me .1 to buy him back and in the meantime I have a striker playing 4 games 360 mins barring injury as opposed to RVPs 120 to 200 mins.

Im not selling RVP cos I think hes going to lose form Im doing it as I think I have a far better chance of getting points this way and Im not worried about team value(spent the first half of the season building up a nice pot) its easy this year to have nearly any players you want.

Where does the 4 games comes from? Suarez has no game after the double gameweek. RVP, if playing, will face QPR that week.

Just did it now, Suarez and Sturridge next week, Aguero my big hope from there on

Where does the 4 games comes from? Suarez has no game after the double gameweek. RVP, if playing, will face QPR that week.

suarez two games then i sell him for another striker for gw 27 &28

Really don't buy this RVP rotation risk stuff. Here are Man Utd's next few fixtures:

PL: Man Utd V Everton Sun 10 Feb 16:00

CL: Real Madrid V Man Utd Wed 13 Feb 19:45

FA Cup: Man Utd V Reading Mon 18 Feb 20:00

PL: QPR V Man Utd Sat 23 Feb 15:00

PL: Man Utd V Norwich Sat 2 Mar 15:00

CL: Man Utd V Real Madrid Tue 5 Mar 19:45

RVP will start v Everton then decent 3 day rest until Real Madrid game. I would assume he will be rested for the FA cup game so will definitely be fit and ready for the QPR game. The Norwich game isn't until a week later so if he doesn't play in this he could well lack a bit of sharpness having not played for 10 days before the second Real Madrid tie. I think he'll start v Norwich and then be subbed after 70 mins if the game is won.

jenno99 wrote: »
    Really don't buy this RVP rotation risk stuff. Here are Man Utd's next few fixtures:

PL: Man Utd V Everton Sun 10 Feb 16:00

CL: Real Madrid V Man Utd Wed 13 Feb 19:45

FA Cup: Man Utd V Reading Mon 18 Feb 20:00

PL: QPR V Man Utd Sat 23 Feb 15:00

PL: Man Utd V Norwich Sat 2 Mar 15:00

CL: Man Utd V Real Madrid Tue 5 Mar 19:45

RVP will start v Everton then decent 3 day rest until Real Madrid game. I would assume he will be rested for the FA cup game so will definitely be fit and ready for the QPR game. The Norwich game isn't until a week later so if he doesn't play in this he could well lack a bit of sharpness having not played for 10 days before the second Real Madrid tie. I think he'll start v Norwich and then be subbed after 70 mins if the game is won.
    He was rested against wba 3 days before wigan Away utds toughest game of the xmas period. I know it was a hectic xmas period but Rooney was out injured then aswell. RVP is uniteds main attacking threat they also have rooney wellbeck hernandez kagawa( that can be combined in some form of a front 2). How fergie keep his squad happy he gives them games and Norwich at home before a game against Real Madrid ( a better team than anyone they have faced this year) is the time he will use his squad. They are 9 pts clear in the league so you need to think which game Madrid or Norwich is going to be more important.
    Utd had an easy champs lge group thats why we didnt see rvp being rested before CL games up to now. The best example I can give you is 2 years ago Utd play Fulham at home 3 days before a CL QF with Chelsea
    Fulham
    Kuzcack O shea Vidic smalling evra gibson anderson valencia nani scholes berbatov
    Chelsea
    Van der saar oshea ferdinand vidic evra carrick giggs park nani rooney hernandez.
    Nani is the only attacking player that started both games, Rooney was suspended for the fulham game but its telling that berbatov started ahead of hernandez when you consider berbatov didnt even make the bench for the champs lge final.
    If Utd drop 4 pts in the next two lge games or the CL tie is over its the only way I see RVP start against Norwich.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Rvp was on 4 yellow going into that WBA game . He would have missed the Wigan game if he was booked .

Worth noting that IMO .

Jax Teller wrote: »
    Rvp was on 4 yellow going into that WBA game . He would have missed the Wigan game if he was booked .

Worth noting that IMO .
    That does make a difference but just goes to show the priortising of games aswell. Whats your take on RVPs starting prospects( your a utd fan? ) the next 3 games am I reading too much into this.

• Advertisement

Glad I done it anyway, I don't think I'll be too tempted to bring him back, I hope to use my change wisely and improve my team all round when it comes to the business end of the season which as far as I can see is going to take place at the bottom or else in the fight for the fourth champions league place. Of course Van Persie's two blank weekends(barring bonus points) made it easier and I fully expect him to score a fair few goals between now and may but looking at the bigger picture I hope to be right about this. I see no reason why Aguero can't at least match him, his goal on Sunday will give him lots of confidence anyway.
    If I had a high value team I'd persist and would recommend all of you that do to do the same, I do think that teams like mine with all budget defenders will do well to purchase wisely in this department now,

Just as an aside both Mata and Walcott have a significantly higher points to minutes ratio than Van Persie at this point in the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Just as an aside both Mata and Walcott have a significantly higher points to minutes ratio than Van Persie at this point in the season.

Not really a fair comparison . They both get an extra point for goals and clean sheets .

Jax Teller wrote: »
    Not really a fair comparison . They both get an extra point for goals and clean sheets .

I thought the idea was to pick players to get the most points?:confused:

Only pointing it out as I think it's interesting, both are available at considerably less than RVP and we are devoting a quite busy thread here to people who are considering letting him go.

I thought the idea was to pick players to get the most points?:confused:

Only pointing it out as I think it's interesting, both are available at considerably less than RVP and we are devoting a quite busy thread here to people who are considering letting him go.

Mata and Walcott have been absolute beasts this year, defo must owns. I guess the difference is that they are midfielders and RVP would need to be replaced with a striker who can at least come close to his output and consistency as a captaincy option.

FutureGuy wrote: »

C'mon now Futureguy, you started all this, let's see your blog post:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I'm sorely tempted. Will be replacing him as my captain with Suarez at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,434 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

The arrival of Sturridge has made Suarez much less valuable, them both playing in the same team and I have a feeling their output will be similar, RVP, Aguero, and Sturridge is probably the best option front 3 atm on that budget. I've always maintained however that if Dzeko was a sure starter then the best option would be him Suarez and RVP but that doesn't look like being the case any time soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

No chance I'm selling RVP unless he gets injured or his drought rumbles on for at least 2 more game weeks.

This week was a great time to limit your dependence on rvp the way the prices are going is another factor to consider.
    If you bought at 13.3 you sell at 14.1 you get 13.7 the player your buying suarez sturridge goes up .2 so u get a .1 profit and rvp drops .1 you then buy rvp back at a cost of .2 to you. This means your now flexible in your moves going forward as you have rvp at 14 million and will move on if his form dips, suspended, injured, league is won etc. Lots of people are tied into michu and rvp and are reluctant to move on because of the money they lose. Michu has been given a couple of extra weeks in lots of teams for this very reason( 28 pts in 10 GWS for any other mid and they would have been well gone) and its been costly points wise.
    I have sold rvp as I think suarez will outscore him this week.
    Im not going to use the money saved to get in Gerrard as I want to keep the money incase I feel like getting RVP for the QPR game.
    I will definetly not have RVP in my squad for the norwich game so even if i sign him for the qpr game Ill be selling for the norwich game and expect his price to drop again if he doesnt start which I feel he wont.
    Ill then sign RVP back for GW29 as once assured of starts hes a must have.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

C'mon now Futureguy, you started all this, let's see your blog post:)

It'll be there this evening on the website. Been up the walls with work etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

This week was a great time to limit your dependence on rvp the way the prices are going is another factor to consider.
    If you bought at 13.3 you sell at 14.1 you get 13.7 the player your buying suarez sturridge goes up .2 so u get a .1 profit and rvp drops .1 you then buy rvp back at a cost of .2 to you. This means your now flexible in your moves going forward as you have rvp at 14 million and will move on if his form dips, suspended, injured, league is won etc. Lots of people are tied into michu and rvp and are reluctant to move on because of the money they lose. Michu has been given a couple of extra weeks in lots of teams for this very reason( 28 pts in 10 GWS for any other mid and they would have been well gone) and its been costly points wise.
    I have sold rvp as I think suarez will outscore him this week.
    Im not going to use the money saved to get in Gerrard as I want to keep the money incase I feel like getting RVP for the QPR game.
    I will definetly not have RVP in my squad for the norwich game so even if i sign him for the qpr game Ill be selling for the norwich game and expect his price to drop again if he doesnt start which I feel he wont.
    Ill then sign RVP back for GW29 as once assured of starts hes a must have.

I like your logic and would love it to happen but RVP is only on -37% on http://www.fiso.co.uk/crackthecode.php so there's no guarantee his price will drop. If I sell him I'm only getting 13.6 (got him for 13.2 in GW 3) and if his price doesn't drop I'm losing 0.5, maybe 0.4 if I cash in well with his "replacement". I'm sure many are in the same position than me.

At the moment I think it's too early. As someone pointed out he'll be rested for the FA Cup game which doesn't give him an impossible fixture list to cope with.
    In addition Rooney's form must be confirmed over a longer period and RVP can score big in 20 min (cf WBA game).

Personnaly I'm gonna wait to see how the CL is going to affect the strikers rotation at United and as everyone still has him it should not make too much of a difference if he's rested.

• Advertisement

iroced wrote: »
    I like your logic and would love it to happen but RVP is only on -37% on http://www.fiso.co.uk/crackthecode.php so there's no guarantee his price will drop. If I sell him I'm only getting 13.6 (got him for 13.2 in GW 3) and if his price doesn't drop I'm losing 0.5, maybe 0.4 if I cash in well with his "replacement". I'm sure many are in the same position than me.

At the moment I think it's too early. As someone pointed out he'll be rested for the FA Cup game which doesn't give him an impossible fixture list to cope with.
    In addition Rooney's form must be confirmed over a longer period and RVP can score big in 20 min (cf WBA game).

Personnaly I'm gonna wait to see how the CL is going to affect the strikers rotation at United and as everyone still has him it should not make too much of a difference if he's rested.
    pretty sure he will drop true it has slowed down but he was nearly +50% at the start of the gw there will be a flurry of transfers fri nite sat morn. In other news he starts for holland tonight 90 mins please.
    I agree with you RVP can run riot in 20 mins so even if he doesnt start against everton or norwich it will still be a nervous time for me.

Futureguys article is up, if he doesn't want to do it himself I'll publicise it for him
    http://fplstrategist.com/2013/02/06/the-van-persie-conundrum/

I won't bother to summarise it for ye, it's worth a read, as I've said already I've shipped VP now and am happy to have done so, I don't consider it a big deal and I'm confident that the money I save will serve me better elsewhere in my quite low value team.

Futureguys article is up, if he doesn't want to do it himself I'll publicise it for him
    http://fplstrategist.com/2013/02/06/the-van-persie-conundrum/

I won't bother to summarise it for ye, it's worth a read, as I've said already I've shipped VP now and am happy to have done so, I don't consider it a big deal and I'm confident that the money I save will serve me better elsewhere in my quite low value team.

Very good article can see it from his point of view dont know how I feel about being in the minority of the 2 % though. Hopefully Swiper we get it right like we did about tevez gametime being massively reduced when he was the highest scoring striker in the game a couple of months back. Im probably going to get in rvp for the qpr game sell again for the norwich game and buy back for the west ham game so Im not taking as big a plunge as you though.

Very good article can see it from his point of view dont know how I feel about being in the minority of the 2 % though. Hopefully Swiper we get it right like we did about tevez gametime being massively reduced when he was the highest scoring striker in the game a couple of months back. Im probably going to get in rvp for the qpr game sell again for the norwich game and buy back for the west ham game so Im not taking as big a plunge as you though.

It's stupid to say it but I'm quite excited not to have him as I'll be almost more inyerested in his performance now. All along it didn't seem to matter how many points he got as everyone else got them too. Now at least I can actively cheer him not getting any points and have a bit of a laugh to myself if he's rested and ye're all tearing ye're hair out. Me and jolim might bond over it:pac:.

Anyway I've made my reasons clear throughout this thread.

45 mins only for rvp boo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

45 mins only for rvp boo
    Good news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

45 mins only for rvp boo

Surely that request came from Man United so his gametime is something they are concerned with at this moment in time....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Thanks for the positive feedback. If ye are on the twitter box I'd appreciate the retweets etc.

Swiper/busts, ye are in a nice position that ye can just swap RVP in/out without losing cash. If I transfer him out, I'd have to permanently downgrade one of my other players to transfer him back in.

Dempsey wrote: »
    Surely that request came from Man United so his gametime is something they are concerned with at this moment in time....
    Dont know what to make of it. I think Wellbeck will start at the weekend. Fergie obviously happy to let rooney play 90 mins. Is it because hes not going to start Sun or because he feels he needs games to sharpen up. Mexico play tonight so assume hernandez will play in that game.
    Minutes played in league
    RVP 2028
    Rooney 1290
    Wellbeck 946
    Hernandez 630
    Only carrick and evra have played more mins than rvp.
    Fergie keeps banging on about the strikers being the best 4 hes had since 1999 and that he wants 3 of them to get 20 goals so hopefully he does the decent thing and starts Wellbeck and hernandez on Sunday:)

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭theRB

The right time to get rid of RVP? Your 25 weeks too late.

• Advertisement
Advertisement