Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robin Van Persie - Is it time to sell?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Lemlin wrote: »
    I don't see why Fergie would rest him ahead of two international games to be honest.

He's more likely to assess him when he gets back and rest him then if needed IMO.

He hasn't played a huge amount of football in the last three weeks anyway.

I really think now that United are out of the CL the risk of rotation and rest is alot less, until United have secured the league at least.

And even then he'll be going for the golden boot.
    The way I see it fergie cant manage what happens on international duty so rvp will prob play two 90 min games for holland. He will definetely want him to start V sunderland the reading game is the best chance for a breather for rvp or a run out for some of the squad players. I know people are saying fergie will want to ensure he wins the league but surely the will beat reading at home with/without rvp starting. I got it wrong verus norwich as I thought he definetly wouldnt start, I dont think that for the reading game just that I dont think hes nailed on to start. For that reason as I dont have him I think for that week as things stand it probably makes more sense for me to bring in rooney.
    I think Im just going to keep predicting rvp wont start every week Ill have to get it right eventually.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Does anyone think Rooney might be a decent option as an alternative to Van Persie in the run-in?

I think he can match RVP's output til May, and he does have 4 goals in the last 5 league games.

Santi101 wrote: »
    Does anyone think Rooney might be a decent option as an alternative to Van Persie in the run-in?

I think he can match RVP's output til May, and he does have 4 goals in the last 5 league games.

I have the money to get rvp back this week and that was the plan all along.Im now considering rooney instead will wait to see what happens team selection wise today

I have the money to get rvp back this week and that was the plan all along.Im now considering rooney instead will wait to see what happens team selection wise today

rvp on bench for utd today thats made my mind up hes had his rest now. Back in and capt next week now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

rvp on bench for utd today thats made my mind up hes had his rest now. Back in and capt next week now.

Ya have to love SAF. He's pretty much pissed all over people's expectations on here.

• Advertisement

Lemlin wrote: »
    Ya have to love SAF. He's pretty much pissed all over people's expectations on here.
    With the squad they have rvp was never going to start every game.Id have felt hed have been needed today more than against reading. After 4 weeks without him points wise I did better without him ,also I can buy him back at the 13.7 I got for him when I sold him its worked out for me.
    As you mentioned previously he will be going after the golden boot now so Ill be leaving him in till the end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

RVP will be looking for the golden boot. Can see him getting enough time to give it a shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

RVP will be looking for the golden boot. Can see him getting enough time to give it a shot.

Yep, Suarez scored again today so is three ahead now.

For me, it's nothing to do with rest or whether he played today.

Its about form and Van Persie's has deserted him with 1 in 9. He will put a couple of sides to the sword I have no doubt but there have to be alternatives given his price.

I think Rooney can match Van Persie for goals in the run-in. Has scored more in recent weeks too.

Might go with Rooney and use the extra money in another area.

Not gonna move out Suarez, Bale, Walcott....or Mata who was sensational today. Can see a return to the goals very soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,104 ✭✭✭G1032

Stuck to my plan which was to bring back RVP for Sturridge regardless of how Sturridge played today.

So RVP back in and captain for next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

How is the race for the Golden Boot a factor? Has van Persie been fluffing chances on purpose recently to let Suarez catch up and make it interesting for himself?

How is the race for the Golden Boot a factor? Has van Persie been fluffing chances on purpose recently to let Suarez catch up and make it interesting for himself?

the feeling is that even if utd have the league wrapped up fergie will play rvp to ensure he and not suarez gets the golden boot.

Although Im bringing rvp back in this week, there has been no rush from the masses to bring him back in which is surprising. Stewart Downing currently has more transfers in today than rvp playing reading at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,341 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Although Im bringing rvp back in this week, there has been no rush from the masses to bring him back in which is surprising. Stewart Downing currently has more transfers in today than rvp playing reading at home.

Yeah it's interesting. In fairness, getting of RVP was a big move, so I'd say anyone that got rid of him will want to try it for a week or two without him.

We'll obviously have to wait and see how he does against Reading, but with United out of the CL, and RVP rested against Chelsea, I'm happy I have him for the minute, and I'll certainly be captaining him this week.

Yeah it's interesting. In fairness, getting of RVP was a big move, so I'd say anyone that got rid of him will want to try it for a week or two without him.

We'll obviously have to wait and see how he does against Reading, but with United out of the CL, and RVP rested against Chelsea, I'm happy I have him for the minute, and I'll certainly be captaining him this week.
    I did it for four weeks worked out well but with him not starting against chelsea I have to get him back in this week and captain him. Got 13.7 when I sold him and can get him back for the same price.

I think we can safely now say it was time to sell, unfortunately for me I got him back in a few weeks back. Well played to those lads that sold and didnt buy him back. Remy, Lambert, Benteke the dream front 3 who would have guessed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Yeah I got rid for Benteke and Lambert. Never had the balls to captain either of them though.

It was a calculated risk. I won't be breathing a sigh of relief until after GW33

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

I think it would be stupid to sell him for this week but if he doesn't do well I think I'll get rid the following week.

A couple of weeks back I had the option like a lot of people of Rvp or Suarez, I made the wrong choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

I think this week will be his last chance for me. I'll keep an eye on Rooney or a cheaper option (Benteke, anyone?) and see how they do. The extra funds would really help to strengthen my woeful defence.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I think this week will be his last chance for me. I'll keep an eye on Rooney or a cheaper option (Benteke, anyone?) and see how they do. The extra funds would really help to strengthen my woeful defence.

I'm still unsure whether to bring in RVP or Rooney with the wildcard. Right now, as crazy as it sounds, I have faith in neither.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I'm still unsure whether to bring in RVP or Rooney with the wildcard. Right now, as crazy as it sounds, I have faith in neither.

RVP better option because of penalty duty and fact of being RVP. He gets more shots and BPs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Keeping him for gw33 and 34 ....might have a look at aguero then for DGW depending on how city's fixtures line up after Fa cup semi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Never sell, never bench

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

might give him another gameweek I suppose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I had this Ferrari, traded it n for the Lamborghini because the Ferrari was slower than usual, and the Lamborghini seemed that more appealing all of a sudden. At the time, it made sense

But then, the Lamborghini did something unbelieably stupid and decided to crash, rendering it completely undriveable and a complete write-off when we had been doing so well.

So now I'd like the Ferrari backit's been a while and it's begining to remind me why it was so great in the first place, but with the surplus cash I had when I sold it, I spent it elsewhere... So now I can't afford the Ferrari back, I have to get rid of this damn Lamborghini and the only car that seems worth getting now is a BMW , sure it might get me from A to B, and is sleek enough, but it's not half as fast as my Ferrari, that I now have to watch bitterly disappear into the distance until it all just becomes one big, red blur. It's tragic really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

RVP aka The Postman....he always delivers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I had this Ferrari, traded it n for the Lamborghini because the Ferrari was slower than usual, and the Lamborghini seemed that more appealing all of a sudden. At the time, it made sense

But then, the Lamborghini did something unbelieably stupid and decided to crash, rendering it completely undriveable and a complete write-off when we had been doing so well.

So now I'd like the Ferrari backit's been a while and it's begining to remind me why it was so great in the first place, but with the surplus cash I had when I sold it, I spent it elsewhere... So now I can't afford the Ferrari back, I have to get rid of this damn Lamborghini and the only car that seems worth getting now is a BMW , sure it might get me from A to B, and is sleek enough, but it's not half as fast as my Ferrari, that I now have to watch bitterly disappear into the distance until it all just becomes one big, red blur. It's tragic really.

analogy of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

brilliant!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

This thread was created on 4 February and the original point of it (I assume) was to judge if that was the time to sell him, the fact that he scored a penalty, offside goal in April before his hat trick the other night is only relevant in the context of everything that has happened in the last 11 or 12 weeks(for the purposes of this thread). On reflection and considering his performance the other night can we now finally answer the question- Was it the time to sell? It seems that iusedtolikebusts had it right all along, got rid of him and got him back at the right time. Initial fears of rotation were unfounded but his form went to pot, he's in ff teams to score goals, a few assists did not justify the price.

Advertisement