Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robin Van Persie - Is it time to sell?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Ferguson has said in today's English Independent that he will field two completely different teams tomorrow and Wednesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Link ?

Jax Teller wrote: »
    Link ?

Sorry, I still read newspapers:p

He said that they would be very different teams.

Edit: it's here http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/tv-is-killing-manchester-uniteds-champions-league-chances-says-sir-alex-ferguson-8488051.html

this is the quote

The Manchester United manager, who was fined £12,000 today by the Football Association for implying a referee’s assistant was motivated by bias in their 1-1 draw at Tottenham last month, said that “it will be different teams” he fields against Everton tomorrow and then against Real Madrid in United’s Champions League tie at the Bernabeu on Wednesday. Asked if that could mean 10 or 11 changes, he replied: “Yes, yes.”

Cool , Assume it was this ? http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/id-love-to-boycott-a-game-ferguson-29058049.html

The exact quote
    "It will be different teams . The team on Sunday will not be the team that plays on Wednesday." When asked whether he was preparing to make 10 or 11 changes, he replied: "Yes, yes."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Logic of selling Rvp- I bought him at 14.0, as it stands, I will lose no money on him. Also, if he is rested for today's game, then no points for him. Getting in Suarez has the potential to outscore him. Furthermore, I will have made a profit when I sell Suarez.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

no brainer in those circumstances. Even if rvp starts its a tough game v everton against two easier on paper home games for liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭garra

Sell sell sell. What with Manu's 4 strikers and champs league games coming up for them, and the form of the likely lads in midfield (Bale/Michu/Fellaini), your money is better invested elsewhere. As an aside, I have not had Van Persie for past 4 weeks and have closed a 120 pt gap on my league leaders

Forget everything, I take it all back, right now I'm shítting it:(;)

ha ha swiper this is gonna b a nervy 90 mins at the end of the day tho hardly anyone will have him capt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

-cough-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

He's definitely past it. Finished.

Selling is such an obvious decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

*tumbleweed*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

roryc wrote: »
    He's definitely past it. Finished.

Selling is such an obvious decision.

Those who sold RVP and Michu........

DoubleFacePalm.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Never.
    Sell.
    Van Persie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Sold Michu once and never again,means i wont have Bale but i can cope with that...

a goal and an assist how lucky can all u guys get:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

So who are the 8?

Swiper? Iused2likebusts? Who else?

I still think it's a decision worth considering over the next few weeks but doing so before the Norwich game was never going to be a good idea.

It remains to be seen, I couldn't have got Suarez for this week without selling RVP or doing major surgery on the rest of my team. I'm happy with my decision as I'm sure ye're all happy to prostrate before the altar of the great RVP.

Keep the cliches coming, ye're a great laugh:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

S.M.B. wrote: »
    So who are the 8?

Swiper? Iused2likebusts? Who else?

I still think it's a decision worth considering over the next few weeks but doing so before the Norwich game was never going to be a good idea.

I think Dempsey did as well because Fergie was obviously very worried about RVP's gametime :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Until there are clear signs in United rotating strikers or taking their foot off the gas a bit I don't think it's logical to sell the league's top scorer for the top scoring team. Second guessing can be dangerous as can be seen from this weekend with doubts over whether Michu and RVP would start which resulted in transfers out. And we've seen what they've done so far.

• Advertisement

To answer the thread title - NOOOOOO!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

All the cheeky gits still voting in the poll.....

9 points for him so far and I don't even think he played well . Chaps an absolute must have IMO

I don't think the thread title has been answered yet. The league is won now, this was the week to get Suarez, it all depends on the madrid result now. Ye've had ye're laugh today but I've not lost anything, if Suarez outscores RVP this week then I will consider my decision a correct one. Don't be surprised to see ye're boy rested for a couple or more games between now and seasons end.

Is he guaranteed the 3 bonus for today?

I don't think the thread title has been answered yet. The league is won now, this was the week to get Suarez, it all depends on the madrid result now. Ye've had ye're laugh today but I've not lost anything, if Suarez outscores RVP this week then I will consider my decision a correct one. Don't be surprised to see ye're boy rested for a couple or more games between now and seasons end.

If United lose to Madrid, why would they need to rest him?

A lot depends on the CL result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Didn't play great but he usually gets the bonus points. Just look at last week. DIdn't do a thing and got 3. Had a few shots on target today.

What about those wit Suárez and RVP. Like me :)

Lemlin wrote: »
    If United lose to Madrid, why would they need to rest him?

A lot depends on the CL result.

Yes, I believe I said that.

If they do lose to Madrid they'll be mad to do the domestic double, I'm not shít stirring, I just think that there could still be occasional rests for him in the league.

We all have our different reasons for getting rid of rvp. I had a decision to make as I wanted suarez for this week do i take out aguero or rvp. Took out rvp as i thought rvp was a big rotation risk ( he was ) and I believed aguero would outscore him(he didnt). This decision cost me 10 pts RVPs 12 V agueros 2 pts. The positives are with price rises falls I can get rvp back for next week at a cost of .2 to me. I can now move rvp in and out far easier than most as I have him at 14mil as opposed to the 13.3 I originally had him at. I will again be taking RVP out for the Norwich game so hopefully whoever I bring in outscores RVP who I again feel will not start. The time for me to judge the decision will be after the two games Everton and Norwich.
    This week was a great week to pursue my strategy as no serious players captained RVP. I also didnt spend the excess money saved so I can just go straight back to RVP next week giving me a very strong 352 with no points hits.
    Can I also just add today was the longest 90 minutes of my life havent had to watch a utd match without rvp in my team since chelsea away in nov.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Robin Van Persie - Is it time to sell?

IS IT FUCK!!

Thread closed:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

No

Advertisement