Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robin Van Persie - Is it time to sell?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Just seen fergies interview on motd he said that the city result made him change his planned team for today. 4 players he was going to rest he started. Really surprised with this I dismissed this idea earlier thinking yesterdays result would have no bearing on todays team but it has. Futureguy and a couple of others suggested rvp prob wouldnt start because of the city result it seems unbelievably that rvp only started because of the city result.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Sell Sell Sell.....me boll%x :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

All those making fun of those who sold RVP are doing so prematurely, without factoring in the reasons for doing so, and the circumstances for which they were done. I will buy RVP back .1 cheaper than he already was. So that's that for starters.

Furthermore, and a key reason, which is a temporary measure, and in keeping with the thread title, I switched him for Suarez, who is yet to play, who has two games to play, and who has a great scoring record himself. Only following the DGW in my case, can it be said that selling RVP was a mistake. It is a tactical risk that I hope will work. Can Suarez outscore RVP 12 points, within two games... absolutely.

All those making fun of those who sold RVP are doing so prematurely, without factoring in the reasons for doing so, and the circumstances for which they were done. I will buy RVP back .1 cheaper than he already was. So that's that for starters.

Furthermore, and a key reason, which is a temporary measure, and in keeping with the thread title, I switched him for Suarez, who is yet to play, who has two games to play, and who has a great scoring record himself. Only following the DGW in my case, can it be said that selling RVP was a mistake. It is a tactical risk that I hope will work. Can Suarez outscore RVP 12 points, within two games... absolutely.

Your spot on and it seems from fergies comments before and after the match that rvp was due to be rested until that city result yesterday.I joked about luck earlier but it seems you guys may have got a bit of a break there. Factor in your ability to now take him out for the norwich game if you feel he will be rested that is the time to judge it.
    RVP owners 1 the infamous eight 0 after today though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Your spot on and it seems from fergies comments before and after the match that rvp was due to be rested until that city result yesterday.I joked about luck earlier but it seems you guys may have got a bit of a break there. Factor in your ability to now take him out for the norwich game if you feel he will be rested that is the time to judge it.
    RVP owners 1 the infamous eight 0 after today though.

I was certain up until this morning that Van Persie would start and them heard some muttering a that he would be benched because of city result. As a united supporter was annoyed because we needed to bear Everton but as an FPL player didn't mind as has puncheon coming off bench for 7.

In ye nod he got 12 points.

Many were thinking of selling Michu and RVP. This weekend serves a reminder of what by can do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Many teams have both Suarez and RVP though. Guess which one is captain this week? So for those teams it's has your second or third striker outscored RVP. Not Suarez.

Many teams have both Suarez and RVP though. Guess which one is captain this week? So for those teams it's has your second or third striker outscored RVP. Not Suarez.

the only 2nd striker that you can afford suarez with is if you had rooney or aguero so you would need to be factoring in a 4 pt hit there aswell in a lot of cases.

the only 2nd striker that you can afford suarez with is if you had rooney or aguero so you would need to be factoring in a 4 pt hit there aswell in a lot of cases.

Suárez had high ownership prior to the dgw announcement. Him and RVP are the two highest owned forwards in the game. And that has been like that for a long time now. Not to mention the most amount of wildcards were used during the final week of the winter wildcard window in which Suárez jumped up twice. Most teams don't use their free transfer the week after wildcarding. So a lot would have went into this week with 2 free transfers. Think you're over estimating the need for a point hit to have both Suárez and RVP this week. Have a look through random top 100 teams. It's a very popular pairing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Time to sell???

Is it f*ck!

4m9xgog.png

Suárez had high ownership prior to the dgw announcement. Him and RVP are the two highest owned forwards in the game. And that has been like that for a long time now. Not to mention the most amount of wildcards were used during the final week of the winter wildcard window in which Suárez jumped up twice. Most teams don't use their free transfer the week after wildcarding. So a lot would have went into this week with 2 free transfers. Think you're over estimating the need for a point hit to have both Suárez and RVP this week. Have a look through random top 100 teams. It's a very popular pairing.

im talking about the people on here that sold .I explained my reasons previously and today cost me 10 pts I've no problem admitting it. All the evidence points to the fact that the city result was a game changer in relation to team selection and if so this thread would be quite different now. Wooly stated he bought rvp at 14 and didn't have suarez i don't know how many transfers he had however if u look at the Jan widcard thread most on here played their wildcard straight away.

• Advertisement

Time to sell???

Is it f*ck!

4m9xgog.png

brave move this week giving him the armband . Some score from the rest of your team aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Many were thinking of selling Michu and RVP. This weekend serves a reminder of what by can do.

without them, my week would've been a complete write-off because of Bale's brace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

brave move this week giving him the armband . Some score from the rest of your team aswell

Quite scared of the lads who doubled up on Pool players tbh.

im talking about the people on here that sold .I explained my reasons previously and today cost me 10 pts I've no problem admitting it. All the evidence points to the fact that the city result was a game changer in relation to team selection and if so this thread would be quite different now. Wooly stated he bought rvp at 14 and didn't have suarez i don't know how many transfers he had however if u look at the Jan widcard thread most on here played their wildcard straight away.

I'm not trying to rub anything in over you selling him. Just wasn't following your point about Suárez out scoring him making up for It. I'll sell if his game time is in question. But only when it's clear. The team that Fergie was going to play prior to the City result could have included RVP. None of us know. It would be pure speculation on all our parts to guess.

Anyways it doesn't affect me at all as I have both at the moment. As do around 85% of the top 15 in the league here. And none of them took hits. I'm sure that percentage wouldn't drop too much if expanded to a sample size of 30.

I'm not trying to rub anything in over you selling him. Just wasn't following your point about Suárez out scoring him making up for It. I'll sell if his game time is in question. But only when it's clear. The team that Fergie was going to play prior to the City result could have included RVP. None of us know. It would be pure speculation on all our parts to guess.

Anyways it doesn't affect me at all as I have both at the moment. As do around 85% of the top 15 in the league here. And none of them took hits. I'm sure that percentage wouldn't drop too much if expanded to a sample size of 30.
    fair enough I didnt make the point about suarez outscoring him though that was wooly and its relevant in his circumstances . I took out rvp over aguero so its not relevant to me. Im not in the boards league(dont want league rivals to realise its me) but would be just inside the top 15 and I didnt have rvp suarez.
    Agree we will never know with rvp things could have been different though.
    For the 10 pts I lost yesterday the flexibility I now have with a 14 million RVP was a price worth paying . Im going to leave this thread for a while as Im posting too much in here be back for more debate before and after the norwich game were us non rvp men hope to grab an equaliser.:)

Lads, not having RVP is a viable option, as is selling him. I just find that when you have RVP, you have someone you can captain every single week without questioning the decision. For that reason alone, I think he is unsellable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

If you bought RVP with the Jan WC you really are in the perfect position regarding buying and selling RVP as you will suffer no loss moving him in and out.

Getting it right when he is to be rested is another matter though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

This is no advantage though, it just means you have £1m less to work on the rest of your team than those you bought RVP at the start of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Strictly dealing with RVP and correct management of FT you could work well with managing him.
    It would be obvious that at 14 million other areas would suffer and buying him at 14.0 mangers would be aware of that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

I'm not being funny, but guessing when RVP might be rested only becomes a real issue if Man U beat Real Madrid.

If they were to go out then RVP owners have the highest scoring player for the league leaders who has no need to be rested.

I am an RVP owner and I would only sell him if he gets injured. After all, a 'cameo' could equal 8 or 9 points the way he operates.

• Advertisement

Benimar wrote: »
    I'm not being funny, but guessing when RVP might be rested only becomes a real issue if Man U beat Real Madrid.

If they were to go out then RVP owners have the highest scoring player for the league leaders who has no need to be rested.

I am an RVP owner and I would only sell him if he gets injured. After all, a 'cameo' could equal 8 or 9 points the way he operates.

The thing with RVP as well is that he isn't a box to box player that puts in a huge shift. Very often you wouldn't even know RVP is on the pitch until he scores or takes a shot. He doesn't tackle much, only really comes back for corners and protects himself from tackles quite well. His type of game isn't a big energy expounding performance. It's clever movement up front and great finishing. I don't see how he could be wrecked tired after most of his performances. Compare with Rooney or Suarez or Tevez when they're up front and they are all over the pitch. RVP doesn't need much rest.

If there's a clear sign he'll be rotated i'll dump him. Until then he stays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Lads, not having RVP is a viable option, as is selling him. I just find that when you have RVP, you have someone you can captain every single week without questioning the decision. For that reason alone, I think he is unsellable.

How can you think he is unsellable and that selling him is a viable option at the same time?

8-10 wrote: »
    How can you think he is unsellable and that selling him is a viable option at the same time?

Personally speaking (looking at my team and it's finances), he is unsellable for many reasons. Firstly, I think he is just too good to sell - he provides a constant stream of scores. Secondly, if I actually do sell him, I'd find it very tough to get him back in my team if I wanted to.

There are people out there that bought him recently who will lose no money by selling him. They might have glaring deficiencies in their team which requires fixing, and selling RVP for Rooney (for example) frees up the cash.

I'm in the position when I am happy with my squad and don't need to free up funds right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

He's too good to sell based on current form.

don't know whether to bring rvp back this week as i don't think he will start against norwich it will involve taking him back out after this gw. What's my best option rvp in v qpr and then transfer in Hernandez v norwich or bring cisse in and keep him for games against southampton and swansea . With the second option id make no transfer next week and have two transfers for gw 29 one of which will be rvp back in assuming there game against wham is refixed for that midweek . Opinions welcome bearing in mind ill capt walcott this wk

don't know whether to bring rvp back this week as i don't think he will start against norwich it will involve taking him back out after this gw. What's my best option rvp in v qpr and then transfer in Hernandez v norwich or bring cisse in and keep him for games against southampton and swansea . With the second option id make no transfer next week and have two transfers for gw 29 one of which will be rvp back in assuming there game against wham is refixed for that midweek . Opinions welcome bearing in mind ill capt walcott this wk

Had a number of people on Twitter asking me to create a part 2 to my RVP article so will get that up during the week.

I still think he will start vs QPR but a rest vs Norwich is pretty likely (although it would not surprise me if he started either). I'll be sure to have 5 good mids for that week just in case.

Had a number of people on Twitter asking me to create a part 2 to my RVP article so will get that up during the week.

I still think he will start vs QPR but a rest vs Norwich is pretty likely (although it would not surprise me if he started either). I'll be sure to have 5 good mids for that week just in case.

assuming chelsea play utd in the cup game rvp will surely not start against norwich. Sat nor Tue real sat chelsea Tues wham sat reading. Up to now the likes of Hernandez has started fa cup handy cl group games whereas rvp started league games. Now with the chance of a treble and the league almost won and a potentially difficult fa cup game rvp could well start against real chelsea wham and be rested for home games against norwich and if the gap is still above 10 pts reading at home.Fergie is a master at keeping players happy by giving them game time he hasn't needed to use his big guns in the the fa cup or cl till now so it could be the easier home league games where we see massive rotation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

assuming chelsea play utd in the cup game rvp will surely not start against norwich. Sat nor Tue real sat chelsea Tues wham sat reading. Up to now the likes of Hernandez has started fa cup handy cl group games whereas rvp started league games. Now with the chance of a treble and the league almost won and a potentially difficult fa cup game rvp could well start against real chelsea wham and be rested for home games against norwich and if the gap is still above 10 pts reading at home.Fergie is a master at keeping players happy by giving them game time he hasn't needed to use his big guns in the the fa cup or cl till now so it could be the easier home league games where we see massive rotation.

That all sounds very plausible, I said a bit earlier in this thread that Fergie will be very keen to win the cup after such a long time, if they go out of the CL then the domestic double will be a huge target and those games will be taken as seriously as league games particularly with the gap they have right now.

I'm quite happy to leave RVP out of my plans for the rest of this year, last week worked out ok for me for a finish as I needed to sacrifice RVP to get Suarez in and I now have almost 4m to sort out my defence over the next two or three gameweeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

You will not win any Fantasy Football Competition without RVP in your team....unless he gets injured of course!

• Advertisement

You will not win any Fantasy Football Competition without RVP in your team....unless he gets injured of course!

of course u can that's rubbish. Granted if u have had him up till now its been a good decision but every ff player is only as good as his last gw .Your basing ur statement on the past 26 gws circumstances could change for the next 12. There's a good chance the final third of the season depending on utds progress in cup comps will see his gametime reduced .

Advertisement