Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robin Van Persie - Is it time to sell?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

every ff player is only as good as his last gw .

Ah... no!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

of course u can that's rubbish. Granted if u have had him up till now its been a good decision but every ff player is only as good as his last gw .Your basing ur statement on the past 26 gws circumstances could change for the next 12. There's a good chance the final third of the season depending on utds progress in cup comps will see his gametime reduced .

Jose Enrique is some player so!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Lemlin wrote: »
    Jose Enrique is some player so!

ha ha no i don't mean that just that the game evolves every wk and just because a player has produced the goods up to now doesn't mean he will keep doing it. As I've said on here before I take a riskier approach to the game than others sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.The obvious front 7 based on past data is Michu fellani bale walcott Mata rvp suarez lots of players will run with this and react to changes I prefer to try and get ahead of the curve .This cost me earlier in the season but has worked for me since before xmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

of course u can that's rubbish. Granted if u have had him up till now its been a good decision but every ff player is only as good as his last gw .Your basing ur statement on the past 26 gws circumstances could change for the next 12. There's a good chance the final third of the season depending on utds progress in cup comps will see his gametime reduced .

Very little chance RVP will be rested in the league until UTD secure the league title. Then a decision would have to be made if UTD are still in Europe at semi final stage.

But my opinion the consistency of RVP over this season & even last season makes it inevitable that you need him to win your individual Fantasy Football competitions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Very little chance RVP will be rested in the league until UTD secure the league title. Then a decision would have to be made if UTD are still in Europe at semi final stage.

But my opinion the consistency of RVP over this season & even last season makes it inevitable that you need him to win your individual Fantasy Football competitions.

Are you trying to wind us up? How in Gods name can you believe this? One player who has only 20 points more than Suarez yet started the season 3.5m more expensive, nevermind the likes of Mata, Walcott, Bale who all provide equal if not better value and are all almost certain to play more minutes than RVP for the remainder of the season.

This thread is in reference to the rest of the season .

• Advertisement

Anyone else thinking of coming over to the dark side theres a good chance rvp wont play the next two gws.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Considering it-- decision will depend on City's result tomorrow, his injury news and finding a suitable replacement, if only temporary. I already have Aguero (who'll probably miss 29 as well) so might consider Suarez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

The pendulum may have swung

I'm bringing in Sissoko so will have a front 8 of:

Mata Walcott Sissoko Michu Bale
    Lambert Suarez RVP

I can cope with him missing the odd game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

Lambert Suarez RVP

headache central, wouldn't be me

• Advertisement

darego wrote: »

headache central, wouldn't be me

I'm expecting RVP to miss next week so it'll work for me until after GW29.

Lambert Suarez RVP

michu and sissoko rotate perfectly for home games and wit swansea not scoring many goals away its a strategy ill be going with. Fellani is gone after next wk no matter what he does .

roryc wrote: »
    The pendulum may have swung

come on board rory its a great wk to limit your dependence on him .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭The Megaphone

Im joining the dark side - no way Van P will start against Norwich next week so cant have that much cash sitting on the bench until GW30... Hello Suarez...

Done. RVP out, Lambert in.

I now have £6.9m in the bank...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Done. RVP out, Lambert in.

I now have £6.9m in the bank...

What's the plan for the money Rory?

Prob piss it away on hookers and coke

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

Remember that George Best line:

'I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered'

Honestly though, I'm thinking Lambert should have gone up by £0.4 by GW30, giving me a profit of £0.2m. And I already had £0.2m in the bank. I'm assuming RVP will miss the Norwich game and GW29, which should hopefully see his value drop to at least £13.9 by GW30, when they face Reading at home. So although I'm losing £0.5m I have the freedom to bring him back for GW30 (Reading at home) if needed.

Key issue is this: If United get through to the next round of the Champions League, and for this I hope they do, then we should see RVP rested for the Sunderland game in GW31 as it's 3 days before the QF first leg and I think Fergie has his eyes on the treble now.

This would devalue bringing him back even further, so if United qualify next Tuesday I can see that £6.9m being reinvested into the team and me doing without RVP for the rest of the season. My first move would probably be Pog -> Hernandez/Aguero/Cisse.

Honestly though, I'm thinking Lambert should have gone up by £0.4 by GW30, giving me a profit of £0.2m. And I already had £0.2m in the bank. I'm assuming RVP will miss the Norwich game and GW29, which should hopefully see his value drop to at least £13.9 by GW30, when they face Reading at home. So although I'm losing £0.5m I have the freedom to bring him back for GW30 (Reading at home) if needed.

Key issue is this: If United get through to the next round of the Champions League, and for this I hope they do, then we should see RVP rested for the Sunderland game in GW31 as it's 3 days before the QF first leg and I think Fergie has his eyes on the treble now.

This would devalue bringing him back even further, so if United qualify next Tuesday I can see that £6.9m being reinvested into the team and me doing without RVP for the rest of the season. My first move would probably be Pog -> Hernandez/Aguero/Cisse.
    I reckon you will lose .1 by the time you get him back GW30. The goalposts have shifted these last few weeks and if theres no gameweek 29 for utd I dont see the sense in keeping a 14 million striker that the majority feel wont start next week( so few will capt ) and as things stand no game the week after. I agree with your gw 31 thinking also.
    A word of warning though it will be a very nervous wait for teamsheets sat. Theres no tougher FF experience than having to sit through a utd game that rvp plays and you dont have him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

When will we be sure about the GW29 fixtures?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Sneaky post admitting i sold RVP for Lambert,makes sense for 2 weeks at least....loads in the bank to get Bale if i want to but it means selling Michu

Bale is a must have for the rest of the season imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Bale is a must have for the rest of the season imo

whats your front three rory have lambert and augero,thinking about suarez

Front 2 atm. Suarez, Lambert (Pog).

Looking at some big changes next week though if all 4 games are off though. 8 point hit:

Fellaini, Pog, Demel OUT
    Sissoko, Sturridge, Samba IN

Would leave me £4m in the bank to upgrade Suarez to RVP the following week for GW30, leaving enough change to upgrade Begovic to De Gea if United had a DGW after GW30.

Ideal scenario for me is all games called off except City.

As rvp is now flagged as injured on the ff website does that mean his price is protected against falling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

As rvp is now flagged as injured on the ff website does that mean his price is protected against falling.

No just means more people need to transfer him out for a drop . Think it might be 1.5 times the normal amount .

edit Actually it's only an yellow flag don't think that makes any difference . Red & orange are the important ones .

Front 2 atm. Suarez, Lambert (Pog).

Looking at some big changes next week though if all 4 games are off though. 8 point hit:

Fellaini, Pog, Demel OUT
    Sissoko, Sturridge, Samba IN

Would leave me £4m in the bank to upgrade Suarez to RVP the following week for GW30, leaving enough change to upgrade Begovic to De Gea if United had a DGW after GW30.

Ideal scenario for me is all games called off except City.

Rory's gone maaaaaddddd!!!!!!!! MAAAAADDDDDDD!!!

I'm such a bad influence!

Rory, I'm mulling over a similar move regarding RVP/Suarez. Van Persie has 25k out so far. He could drop this week which brings him down to 13.9 (and 13.4 selling value).

I need to see an injury update and confirmation that GW29 is a blank, but it's in my mind. Looking at the next 4GWs, there are some great captain choices so it's not like I'm losing my only C choice.

• Advertisement

Sell RVP for who though?

Even if he doesn't play, I'd see 3-5-2 with a choice of Michu, Mata, Walcott, Bale and one of Sissoko/Fellaini with two strikers, most likely Suarez and Lambert, as the best option.

I have that front 7 and RVP. I also have Mignolet, Zabaleta and Enrique. The only change I would make to my team if I had money from RVP is to bring Rafael in for Davies but I wouldn't go to the trouble of dropping RVP for just that.

I don't think any other striker is justifying inclusion at the minute.

Advertisement