Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aura - question about prices...

Options
  • 04-02-2013 1:10pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I notice on the Aura website, it says...

"Weekly Special Offer...€5". Does that mean it's a fiver a week or is that per visit? Likewise, it says Adult swims are €7; again, is that per visit or per week?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭highlandseoghan

I was just looking into gyms today. I think its €5 each visit if you go between 12 - 4 but outside of them hours its €7.

Would love to hear what people think about Aura drogheda if anyone goes to it?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Huh, per visit?

Cause I was told there was a weekly flat rate and you can use it as much as you want after that...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

I go swimming there occasionally, and from memory the price for the swimming was around the 7 euro mark anyway, so not much of a bargain there if its 7 euro per session.

Hard to find an off peak time to suit myself where the pool is not overly packed and during the week, school classes and lessons take over during the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Rossin

5 euro off peak per visit 7 during peak(evenings & weekends)

Was told again this morning you can just pay a monthly fee. €48. Dont see anythin on their site bout it but the guy swears thats what he pays.

Must email them to check...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Rossin

sounds like he's a member!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

........ a monthly fee. €48.

Jaysus that's mad money.

I rang them and monthly fee is €48 to use all there facilities and if you sign up this month your first month is €20.

€48 a month I think is very expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

€576 per annum?

Very expensive.

I rang them and monthly fee is €48 to use all there facilities and if you sign up this month your first month is €20.

€48 a month I think is very expensive.

Depends, I suppose. If you're going every day or a few times a week, you'd save money in the long term...

• Advertisement

If you were going on a regular basis its not too bad I just think its very expensive when you compare it to gyms in dublin.

I think Aura is €500 per year (if you pay up-front) and if you renew your membership at the end of the year (before it actually expires) it's €400.

My first year there was €300 as I got in on an offer price they were running (I was actually hoping I'd get it for €300 every year thereafter). €500 seems a tad expensive, €400 seems average and €300 seems like really good value (to me, personally). I think the €300 per year price was a one-off though. Haven't seen it repeated since (unfortunately).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

When i used energie in the retail park it was about 30. That was a fair price to me. Anything round the 50 mark is ridiculous.

Aura gym is not that great imo, the pool is the main selling point and its very hard to get in at a good time when you work.

Advertisement