Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thai style dish with cod and pak choi.....ideas please!!

Options
  • 04-02-2013 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭

I absolutely love Thai food but unfortunately my repetoire only extends to tom yum gung, green/red/yellow currys and the occasional stir fry. I'd like to make something Thai and yummy for supper this evening and have the following core Thai ingredients so I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for me? Should I bake the fish or break it up in a stir fry maybe? If anyone has any inspired suggestions I'd really appreciate it!!!

I have the following:

2 beautiful plump pieces of cod
    Pak choi
    Long beans
    Coriander
    Galangal
    Fresh chillis
    Lime
    Nam Plah
    Limes
    Kaffir lime leaves
    Lemongrass
    Ginger
    Pad thai noodles or rice
    Cherry tomatoes

So I have lots of great ingredients to play around with but not sure what I would do. If I made some of the ingredients into a Thai paste and then covered the fish in that and bake it would that work maybe? I'd like the pak choi to feature as well though.....aaagghhhh!! Any ideas would be much appreciated, cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Curry Addict

a common thai dish would be like this ... make a nice paste, marinade your fish and then bake it in the paste. make a nice hot salad of longbean and pac choi and serve with bami style noodles.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Thanks a million CA, I was thinking along those lines alright. If I were to bake the fish in tin foil it would steam cook right? So could I put the pak choi in the little parcel too do you reckon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Curry Addict

Merkin wrote: »
    Thanks a million CA, I was thinking along those lines alright. If I were to bake the fish in tin foil it would steam cook right? So could I put the pak choi in the little parcel too do you reckon?

sounds like a gread idea although you want your pak choi to have a crunch so i would put it in for the last 5mins of cooking only. why not pop your tomatoes in as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Duberlin Chick

This marinade is designed for steak but I can vouch that it goes with everything!! I almost end up drinking it everytime. Throw the cod on the pan and drizzle this heavenly marinade over it. I usually have it with meat then on a bed of noodles smothered in this stuff.
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/jamie-oliver/beef-with-soy-sauce-and-ginger-recipe/index.html

Advertisement