Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lump sum to invest

Options
  • 04-02-2013 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭

I have a lump sum that i want to put into a savings account for 3 months.
    Do i still get charged the full dirt of 33 percent of will it be a quarter of 33 percent for the 3 months?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Its calculated on any interest paid. whether its 3,6 or 12 months 33%DIRT is applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 gerryff

I have a certain amount of money which I want to invest for 4 years. Where would you recommend I save it. I won't need to touch while it is being saved. Thanks?

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Liam D Ferguson

gerryff wrote: »
    I have a certain amount of money which I want to invest for 4 years. Where would you recommend I save it. I won't need to touch while it is being saved. Thanks?

My own belief is that 4 years is too short a period of time to consider investing money in anything more risky than deposits unless you have the flexibility to delay your withdrawal if required.

Best 4 year deposit rate at the moment is State Savings - see here for other options.

If the amount of money is substantial, you could look at the bond markets.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 gerryff

thanks for your advice. The State Savings look best alright

Advertisement