If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cambridge Audio availability

Options
  • 04-02-2013 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi guys, I need a two channel amp running approx 100+ wrms per channel @ 8 ohms - If you could supply a Cambridge Audio AZUR 851a and possibly a matching cd player I would be very keen to purchase something like this or similar before the weeks out...
    Your very very best price please ( I can collect in Belfast store if needed)

Thanks a million
    Anthony

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Anthony,

Apologies about the delay in getting back to you.

We don't have the 851A or matching CD player (851C) in stock at the moment.  Our warehouse are also out of stock :(

Could be worth while checking out the Roksan Kandy K2.  Had this running in the store for a few weeks and it sounds fantastic.  125W per channel too :)

Current price on this is £794.95.  Here's a link to some more info:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/amplifiers-receivers/roksan/kandy-k2-amp/roks-k2-amp-blk

And here's the matching CD player currently priced at £794.95:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/cd-players/roksan/kandy-k2-cd/roks-k2-cd-blk

Let me know what you think.

Regards.
    Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Anthony from Tyrone

Thanks for the reply Chris, I know the Roksan sound really well and are great value for money considering the component level, but you've got to admit they are one of the worst looking pieces of kit on the market and their CD player wont even play mp3 which seems a bit prehistoric by todays standard- they look like some cheap nasty brand from the eighties !   
    Some people say that shouldnt matter cause its the sound that counts but I disagree, its gotta look right too.

I had considered some of the higher end Marantz and Yamaha and Pioneer because I reckon I would get away with 85-90 wrms if the amp had a nice low THD figure to match it....
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Anthony

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Thanks for the reply Chris, I know the Roksan sound really well and are great value for money considering the component level, but you've got to admit they are one of the worst looking pieces of kit on the market and their CD player wont even play mp3 which seems a bit prehistoric by todays standard- they look like some cheap nasty brand from the eighties !   
    Some people say that shouldnt matter cause its the sound that counts but I disagree, its gotta look right too.

I had considered some of the higher end Marantz and Yamaha and Pioneer because I reckon I would get away with 85-90 wrms if the amp had a nice low THD figure to match it....
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Anthony
    Anthony,

we actually do have the 851C in stock and I can do you an 851A in silver at £899.95 if you were interested??

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Anthony from Tyrone

Anthony,

we actually do have the 851C in stock and I can do you an 851A in silver at £899.95 if you were interested??

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Friggin hell John you were  browsing late last night lol... I was after black but would def consider silver as a second option - what would be the very best for both units ?? (I take it they would both be silver units?)

Many thanks
    Anthony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Anthony. The best that we can do on the two would be £1799.95 and the warehouse has 1 left of each in silver. If you can let me know ASAP, I can have them here for Friday. Give me a call on 0333 900 0071. Many thanks, Dave.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.