Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

alarm

Options
  • 04-02-2013 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭

what kind of alarm is needed if there are more than 3 guns in the house? and can anyone give a rough idea of the cost of getting one installed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭hollow point

Conchurl wrote: »
    what kind of alarm is needed if there are more than 3 guns in the house? and can anyone give a rough idea of the cost of getting one installed?
    I have an alarm from network security they are doing an eight sensor system for €399 and €25 per mth for monitoring you can have a look at it on their website networksecurity.ie i have mine in for 3yrs and find it very good

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Conchurl

I have an alarm from network security they are doing an eight sensor system for €399 and €25 per mth for monitoring you can have a look at it on their website networksecurity.ie i have mine in for 3yrs and find it very good

i would prefer one that is not monitored.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

Monitoring is only required after 6 guns (or 3 restricted) IIRC.

As long as you have full entry/exit coverage, shocks on the windows, and PIR's in the main areas I'm sure you'd be fine but prob best to check with your local FO to be sure before you go to any effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Tackleberry.

Only the room or safe need be alarmed I don't think the house needs to be alarmed, but could be corrected but I'm pretty sure......

Only the room or safe need be alarmed I don't think the house needs to be alarmed, but could be corrected but I'm pretty sure......

could you post some links of alarms that would be used for just alarming the room or safe?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭long range shooter

I just got my alarm checked yesterday.
    My little lad managed to press the silent alarm/panick button.
    The Garda rang the doorbell 10 min later!!!
    Atleast I know it's working,and the Gards took it well too.Fair play to tem anyway for coming,it's quite a distance to drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Cavan duck buster

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭German pointer

This is from the guide lines set out by the AGS

(3) Two restricted firearms, or, more than three non-restricted firearms: Each firearm shall be stored in a gun safe which meets standard BS 7558 and which shall be securely fixed to a solid structure. The place in which the firearms are stored shall have an alarm fitted and the external doors to the place shall be fitted with locks which comply with BS 3621.

Reading this it sounds to me you might get away with just putting an alarm on the safe itself. But the FO can always insist on more as this is the recomended minimum. Let us know how you get on as I have 3 firearms at the moment and hope to get a 4th when funds premit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

We can't answer for your FO. :P:P

I'd suggest you ask if it will do for him!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭browning 12 bore

look up eirtec. ie great prices and very fast as well can be monitored or just get the alarm to ring you very handy

• Advertisement

hi sorry for bumping this up again but im still looking for an alarm and i dont want to go into the FO as we should have the alarm 1 gun ago, we were thinking eircom phone watch we were talking to them at the ploughing €689 to set us up with 3 door sensors 6 motion sensors and 4 window sensors. and €6 pw monitoring

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Conchurl wrote: »
    hi sorry for bumping this up again but im still looking for an alarm and i dont want to go into the FO as we should have the alarm 1 gun ago, we were thinking eircom phone watch we were talking to them at the ploughing €689 to set us up with 3 door sensors 6 motion sensors and 4 window sensors. and €6 pw monitoring

I'm paid nearly a grand for my setup with Eircom. My monitoring is the same price as yours. It adds up to a fair chunk of dosh but, in my opinion, it's worth it for the peace of mind.

BattleCorp wrote: »
    I'm paid nearly a grand for my setup with Eircom. My monitoring is the same price as yours. It adds up to a fair chunk of dosh but, in my opinion, it's worth it for the peace of mind.

ya. monitoring dont sound like much at €6 pw but sounds alot at 300 a year but for peace of mind its worth it id say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Tikkat3

look up eirtec. ie great prices and very fast as well can be monitored or just get the alarm to ring you very handy

Quick? I emailed them for a quotation at 21:30 tonight and the guy was back to me ten minutes later! :eek:

Advertisement