Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Removing 99 VW Polo roof bars

Options
  • 04-02-2013 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    Can any of ye suggest where I might get keys for roof bars on my car? I was given the car but the person didn't have the keys to take the roof bars off. In the car book it mentions the following code 6K5 071 126 which I assume is there model number. I would prefer not to drill off the bars if I could help it as they were expensive back in the day & it would be nice to have the flexibility to use them in the future.

N.D.,
    Fi.

P.S.: Mods feel free to move this post to whatever relevant subform, etc...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭Bigus

Drop into auto key with the car, otherwise I'd drill them its a 99

Auto key.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭maceocc2

That code "6K5 071 126" is the VW part number, but I think that's the part number for the roof bars themselves, could be wrong though.

You could ring any VW dealer and they'd order the keys for you, they won't be much more than 20-30 euro I'd say.

Advertisement