Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switch to Airtricity?

Options
  • 04-02-2013 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭

I've been checking our bill and comparing options on Bonkers.ie and it would appear that we could save around €170 by switching to Airtricity.  I'd prefer to stay with Electric Ireland but that is just too much on our present tight budget.  We pay by direct debit , have stayed long enough to be off contract and already have online billing.  I assume we've now lost the initial discount we got for moving from Bord Gais over a year ago (could be 2 years)?  Are there any other options that would cut our bill enough for us to stay?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi Teagwee,

Have you electricity and gas? Both existing and new customers are eligible to avail of our 10/10 offer, whereby you can get 10% off each fuel for the duration of the contract (runs to 31st March 2014). If you're electricity-only, you can still get a 6% discount for being a direct debit and online billing customer.

If either of these options interest you, you can ring 1850 30 50 90 or send us a PM here on boards.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

David

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Teagwee

Hi Teagwee,

Have you electricity and gas? Both existing and new customers are eligible to avail of our 10/10 offer, whereby you can get 10% off each fuel for the duration of the contract (runs to 31st March 2014). If you're electricity-only, you can still get a 6% discount for being a direct debit and online billing customer.

If either of these options interest you, you can ring 1850 30 50 90 or send us a PM here on boards.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

David
    404 error on the PM link, so I've sent a generic PM - thanks for the reply :)

Thanks Teagwee, sorry about the 404 - this is the link that should have been pasted in. Not sure why it wasn't. In any case, you used the right one! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭mckildare

Hi Teagwee,

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

David
    Hi David,

Quick question on this. It's the Dual ValueReward you are talking about I'm assuming. The first term states

"Terms of this offer: This 4% loyalty bonus is available to customers with Electric Ireland for 12 consecutive months and with no outstanding arrears. Continuation of the discounts is conditional on electricity and gas bills being paid in full and to our credit terms of 14 days after the bill issue date. Terms and Conditions apply."

I've had my electricity account for over 12 months but my gas for only 5/6 months. The term doesn't state that customers have to have both types of accounts for 12 consecutive months, they only have to be customers. Does this mean I can avail of this offer and increase my discounts? At the moment I'm on the Value Reward (6% discount) for Elec and Standard Domestic Value Reward (9%) for Gas. Thanks

Regards,
    Martin

Hi Martin,

You're right - you only need to be a customer, not necessarily a dual-fuel customer, for 12 months or more (and with no outstanding arrears). However, if you're currently signed up to a different price plan you would need to wait until it has expired before signing up to another one. If you like I can check to see when your current plan expires (just drop me a PM)?

Thanks,

David

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭mckildare

Hi Martin,

You're right - you only need to be a customer, not necessarily a dual-fuel customer, for 12 months or more (and with no outstanding arrears). However, if you're currently signed up to a different price plan you would need to wait until it has expired before signing up to another one. If you like I can check to see when your current plan expires (just drop me a PM)?

Thanks,

David
    Hi David, that makes sense thanks. No need to check my plan for me, I know I've a few months left before it expires so I'll be back on to ye when that happens :D

Regards,
    Martin

Thanks Martin, you know where to find us. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭hitbit

Stay as far away from Airtricity as you can. They give the Board Failte version of things but stink to high hell. I speak from experience and have just switched back to Electric Irl.

Hitbit

Advertisement