Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adidas video teaser

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Strange.

Not sure how it fits in with the adiprene and adiprene+ senario. Where's thirstywork2 when you need him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

I was actually down with adidas last week but they didn't have a sample shoe.They showed us the foam that goes in the shoe and felt very soft.

The shoe is rrp €135 and will be a race shoe to start with.After this they will probably introduce into their range.

Will be getting a sample pair soon to decide if we will stock the shoe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

I have my doubts on this one, would need to see it in action first.
    Depends on whether it just absorbs energy or gives some back on the push off.
    Could result in the same effect as running on sand - more effort required.

Sounds gimmicky, like those spring loaded heels that were out previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Depends on whether it just absorbs energy or gives some back on the push off.

hmmm. From the video demo and the fact that they are called 'bounce' I'd say it's a pretty good bet that they will give some back. Otherwise they'd be called cushion :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

Is this like shoe p0rn ?

Interesting claim that the shoe will never wear out. Will feel exactly the same from 1k to 500k. I've asked the question on Twitter, what happens at 501k?

Thirsty is the one to try these out.

Interesting claim that the shoe will never wear out. Will feel exactly the same from 1k to 500k. I've asked the question on Twitter, what happens at 501k?

Thirsty is the one to try these out.

Its complete BS. Until the shoe backs up such claims with a peer reviewed study it is just making claims like Lucozade sport.

Looking at the video the boost is 3 times the thickness of the eva.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jeffontour

Interesting claim that the shoe will never wear out. Will feel exactly the same from 1k to 500k.

Is Willy Wonka selling off ever lasting gobstopper I wonder?

rom wrote: »
    Its complete BS. Until the shoe backs up such claims with a peer reviewed study it is just making claims like Lucozade sport.

Looking at the video the boost is 3 times the thickness of the eva.
    jeffontour wrote: »
    Is Willy Wonka selling off ever lasting gobstopper I wonder?

Was seeking an incredulous tone as I was very suprised that they would make such a sweeping statement.

Whats gonna happen when someone rolls up with 1000k done on the shoes demanding a refund as they don't feel the same?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Was seeking an incredulous tone as I was very suprised that they would make such a sweeping statement.

Whats gonna happen when someone rolls up with 1000k done on the shoes demanding a refund as they don't feel the same?

They were talking about this on marathon talk with adidas. The claim is the bounce will last forever but not the runner.

These are on sale today, wonder is anywhere selling them here?

Like to see how a average person reviews them.

They were talking about this on marathon talk with adidas. The claim is the bounce will last forever but not the runner.

These are on sale today, wonder is anywhere selling them here?

Like to see how a average person reviews them.

I know Kevin is getting his hands on a pair for a review before AK get any in.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

On sale in Life Style sports according to the Indo

I know Kevin is getting his hands on a pair for a review before AK get any in.

That be great, can post the review here?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭dna_leri

Some comments from Pete Larson and Amby Burfoot here:

http://www.runblogger.com/2013/02/amby-burfoot-on-energy-return-in.html
    Amby writes about how Runner’s World confirmed the mechanical testing results that adidas has been touting, but he’s also not buying that this is necessarily a reason to go out and spend $150 on the shoes. He writes that the ball-drop test is “… a machine and materials test, not a test of runners who are running.”
    “Most exercise physiologists believe that increased energy return has meaning only if it decreases the amount of oxygen you use while running. Adidas has apparently conducted such a test and found that the boost midsole lowers oxygen consumption by about 1 percent compared to a same-weight EVA midsole shoe. That’s a modest amount, subject to confirmation, variable among different users, and not a strong reason for wearing a running shoe unless you are aiming for the world record.”

From a marketing point of view they have succeeded as we are all talking about it. Interesting to see if they deliver when the rubber boost hits the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I was wondering about this point myself that Run Blogger made when on the trampoline thingy
    Basically, my leg joints were locked in place, and I was bouncing along on two very stiff limbs

Ok, it won't be as extreme when wearing the shoes, but if the bounce back is as big as it's made out to be, will it have some affect on your regular run technique, similar to how moving directly to barefoot runners do ?

These shoes are only available in support shoes which are going to be heavy. There currently is no racing equivalent. So if you wear racing flats you are going to get better results no matter how much bounce you get as shoes that are 4-5 Oz lighter are going to be faster every time no matter what jumping beans they put in them.

Anyone buy these yet or did a review for them?
    Saw them in liffey valley today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭DogSlySmile

godtabh wrote: »
    On sale in Life Style sports according to the Indo

I asked about these in AK Bray last week when I was trying out trail runners. The guy said that Adidas and Lifestyle have an agreement in place so that lifestyle will be the only place to stock them for the first 6 months they are on the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭dekbhoy

tried them on in dundrum yesterday , feel really comfortable and would love to try them over 20 kilometers unfortunately ive recently bought a new pair of runners so will pass......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Steroo

Beef got a pair and from his training log doesn't seem happy with them. I wouldn't touch them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭jfh

Always one for a gimmick, bought a pair online at the start, extremely tight fitting. They did feel good I have to say, but had to send back, they are meant to be snug but they were ridiculously tight & I wear Adidas. Would have to go up a size.

Advertisement