Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Google Chrome

Options
  • 04-02-2013 3:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭

Just today Google Chrome is telling me that virtually every site I visit, including Boards, is a source of Malware. Not sure if this is a virus or, indeed, Malware in it's own right. Anybody getting this?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Try running a MBam Free scan and also a ADWCleaner one. It does sound like something weird is happening (like your browser is redirecting you through a malicious website perhaps?). Failing that you could try a Chrome Factory Reset in case your profile has become corrupted

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Never heard of ADW but it looks like a keeper. I didn't understand the results but I just deleted what they gave and the problem is gone. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Guardian newspaper have had a load of false positives from Google today, apparently related to ads provider they had on their site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

bmaxi wrote: »
    Just today Google Chrome is telling me that virtually every site I visit, including Boards, is a source of Malware. Not sure if this is a virus or, indeed, Malware in it's own right. Anybody getting this?
    Might sound odd but make sure your time / date is correct on your PC.

Advertisement