Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Breeders - Vicar St - June 14th

Options
  • 04-02-2013 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

Think this is part of the Last Splash tour, playing said album in its entirety.

On sale Wednesday for 33 bills

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Think this is part of the Last Splash tour, playing said album in its entirety.

On sale Wednesday for 33 bills

Cheers op.. got mine..
    Listened to the album again last night for the first time in a couple of years.. it's gonna be a great gig :)

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭bigfeller

Cheers ES. Didn't know it was on. Tickets purchased (after 15 mins of waiting on TicketBastard)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Saw them live in 2008 and was not very impressed by them I must say, played a lot of covers and stuff from side projects, most people did not know any stuff really from besides POD and Last Splash. They were not very tight musically either and a lot of swapping around members happened as well during the gig, even between the Deal sisters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Xenji wrote: »
    Saw them live in 2008 and was not very impressed by them I must say, played a lot of covers and stuff from side projects, most people did not know any stuff really from besides POD and Last Splash. They were not very tight musically either and a lot of swapping around members happened as well during the gig, even between the Deal sisters.

I'm inclined to agree. I really love their albums but the last few times I've seen them I was very underwhelmed.

Wouldn't go out of my way to see them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,323 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Yeah, a heads up, last time I saw them in Vicar St. they only played for about 40 mins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Right. Probably the worst gig I was ever at. They took the piss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

Saw them at Electric Picnic a few years ago. Were not too bad. 33 bucks is a bit rich.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

if they play all of last splash you are guaranteed 39:38.

if they play all of last splash you are guaranteed 39:38.

With between song chatter they will stretch that to about an hour!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Does anyone know who the support act is for this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭nomoreindie

The fresh and onlys are the support. They were due to play the workmans club tonight, but ticket sales must have been terrible so gig was cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Anyone go to this?
    I ended up selling my tickets, so want to know if I should be kicking myself now.

great night. band on top form. the fresh and onlys were excellent too

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Anyone go to this?
    I ended up selling my tickets, so want to know if I should be kicking myself now.

Despite everything I said above I ended up going. Got a free ticket from a friend and am really glad I went now. Great night.

Band were in top form - songs sounded as fresh as they did when the album came out. Gone was the long drawn out rambling between songs.

Nostalgia central for me. It was like being back in my mates bedroom listening to the album again. Really, really enjoyed it.

Thomas House was packed before and after the gig too. Great spot, everyone in flying form. My head hurts this morning though.

thomas house rocks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Great gig, the band was fantastic especially Josephine Wiggs on bass (Original bassist on Last Splash album). Well worth 35 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

I prefer Pod to Last Splash but I really enjoyed that show. The sound was fantastic and the choices for the encore were very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭tbm

Top gig. Sound was spot on and the band seemed to be having a ton of fun. Great way to round of a week given the dissapointment of Mastodon in the Academy. The Deals sisters could show the Mastodon boys a thing or two about cranking a Marshall.

Advertisement