Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Maths Higher level

• 04-02-2013 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I am a mature sudent who just wants to sit Paper 1 this year as a practice run for sitting both papers in 2014.

If i just sit the fist paper, will it be marked? not worried about cert or anything just want practice at project maths set up and to know how i got on.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,237 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Yes it will be marked and you will get a grade out of the total for both papers, but it's a very expensive way of going about things.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kitman13

Thanks for reply, Yes it is expensive but worth it.
    Done pass paper last year and done well. Started back in september on Higher stuff, but with work commitments etc got stalled and just want to use june for guidance and see how paper one is under project maths.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,237 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Why not call up to your local school and ask a Maths teacher to help you out? Save all that money.

Plus your 2014 Leaving will then be another repeat sitting and incur even more charges.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭Apocladagr0

Also, won't you only be able to see a combined grade when you get your results? I'm pretty sure they would include all the marks you missed out on in Paper 2 and use that to calculate your whole maths grade, leaving you clueless as to how well you did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

Just do it yourself at home with the same time limits and then give it to a Maths teacher. It should only cost you a tenner

• Advertisement
Advertisement